• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Kingdom Hearts: Chonology" vs. "KINGDOM HEARTS TIMELINE"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempo

Awards
(obligatory "hope this is the right forum" "hope no-one's posted about this yet" "hope it's not against any guidelines" disclaimer)

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the KH-Vids "Kingdom Hearts: Chronology" series, and Everglow's own "KINGDOM HEARTS TIMELINE" project. Not necessarily a question of "which one's better", but simply a comparison of the two and what people feel each project does well and not so well. Though I am interested in hearing people's favourites.

Kingdom Hearts: Chronology, by KH-Vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYUnv_GdDUw
KINGDOM HEARTS TIMELINE, by Everglow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eRniOT6_5c
(note: KH VIDS begins with episode 0, whereas Everglow begins with episode 1)

I prefer Everglow's series personally, he adds so many small details I'd never even have considered, even going so far as to slightly break canonical events when he spots discrepancies within them (i.e. the timing of Aqua's visit to Destiny Islands). I wish the episodes were a bit faster so we can get to later events sooner, but with the amount of effort and detail that goes into every video and with a new episode roughly every 2 days, I really can't complain. He's basically doing all the stuff I'd wanted to try doing, like including the ansem/xehanort reports, and that makes me so happy (if a little jealous) to see.

The KH Vids series I'm enjoying all the same, but it disappoints me to see so many important scenes ignored simply because the dialogue is in text rather than spoken, but they're much farther along as a result and the transitioning between scenes is rather excellent. I adored the way they intermixed the kh1 ending with 0.2, and allowed the credits song to lead into the prologue for 358/2 days. The timing of earlier 0.2 scenes, however, felt a little misplaced. I'm also disappointed that they're not getting *too* meticulous with scene placements like flashbacks, the way Everglow seems to be doing, but I understand their reasons for doing so. I just hope Everglow's not watching this series, in case he gets accused of copying their ideas when he finally catches up :L

What are your thoughts?

Lisaralin

Awards
I didn't know about KH vids Chronology, I'll be sure to check it out!

I'm following Everglow's project (it's become my daily addiction :p) and I'm loving it so far for its great attention to details, and for it including things like Xehanort's diaries (which in my opinion are super important to the plot but are often overlooked) and secret bosses. I also like how he mixes gameplay elements with the cutscenes.
Also, it has presented Chi's story in a very clear and understandable way, for me it made clearer some plot points I had overlooked while playing the mobile game.

Tempo

Awards
he uploaded the Keyblade Graveyard finale just last night and it's an absolute work of art, quite frankly. Possibly his magnum opus. But we'll have to see where the series goes from here, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back