• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Chess Set in development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
And does anyone know if it'll play like regular chess except raised squares? I guess Im mainly asking about the chess pieces.
I don't think there are enough pieces. And there are too many unique pieces regardless.

I doubt they're going to go all-out and make a genuine game of it. Probably just a decorative piece.

Varxtis

Awards
I thought that might be the case. Through all the trailers, Publicity cuts, and of coarse the opening itself, I was noticing that the pieces all (accept for "pawn" type pieces) represent different characters, each one unique. Unlike chess, having 2 castle, rook, bishop, and knights.
Never underestimate Square and fantasy enthusiast though. There was a multi-platform Chess game featured in Star Trek TNG and Voyager that they release in RL, and it actually had rules and everything. Im pretty confident it originated as a fictional game Star Trek anyway. Would be awesome if SE did the same. Would really make the KH Fan feel like they're emersed in the KH universe.

Vaddix

Awards
Neat, Axel and Roxas pieces in the back corner.

I was just about to point this out, they are pieces we never got to see in-game, surprisingly. So this is awesome.

In fact in terms of major characters, I think the only ones we didn't see the pieces for were Axel, Roxas, Xion, and Namine (if we assume the kinda iffy pieces were Demyx, Vexen, and Repliku).

I don't assume Namine would have a piece at all, but I do wonder if there's a Xion hiding on there somewhere, perhaps amid the dark pieces.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was just about to point this out, they are pieces we never got to see in-game, surprisingly. So this is awesome.

In fact in terms of major characters, I think the only ones we didn't see the pieces for were Axel, Roxas, Xion, and Namine (if we assume the kinda iffy pieces were Demyx, Vexen, and Repliku).

I don't assume Namine would have a piece at all, but I do wonder if there's a Xion hiding on there somewhere, perhaps amid the dark pieces.
Roxas certainly didn't have a piece in-game. Or any of the Sea-Salt trio really. What do their symbols look like?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I figure after this board is released, that if SE doesn't publish its own rules some fans might come up with their own set of rules for how to play this game.

I'm definitely interested in this though I have no idea where I'd put it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
View attachment 13048
I noticed that one of the pieces looked like a dark crown piece. Though after zooming in a bit it looks more like the symbol on Xion's light attacks. Could that be the Xion piece?
Hmm, Maybe? The only symbol I could remember with her is the Kingdom Key for her Data Battle. Roxas and Axel's are their signature weapons, so I assumed she's have something similar. But thinking about it, her light attack symbol is her Final Form mask which kinda resembles a crown. That could be it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Vaddix

Awards
View attachment 13048
I noticed that one of the pieces looked like a dark crown piece. Though after zooming in a bit it looks more like the symbol on Xion's light attacks. Could that be the Xion piece?

I think you're right on the money here, and the far right piece looks like the dark version of Terra's piece. So then the question is what that middle piece might be.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Does anyone know what Dark Riku's symbol is? Would it be a dark version of Riku's symbol?

Vaddix

Awards
Does anyone know what Dark Riku's symbol is? Would it be a dark version of Riku's symbol?

QDLNBdlhx6dPCRRMCRqKOLoTUBSOSM2kVV-ZjdCheSU.jpg

The general consensus seems to be it's the last gold piece here, the golden dragon-head looking doodad--why that is, however, I'm still to this day totally unsure.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
QDLNBdlhx6dPCRRMCRqKOLoTUBSOSM2kVV-ZjdCheSU.jpg

The general consensus seems to be it's the last gold piece here, the golden dragon-head looking doodad--why that is, however, I'm still to this day totally unsure.
Half those symbols I can't figure out. First thing this KH chess set needs to do is tell who is who. None of these symbols look like Dark Riku. Yet there is one that looks like Vexen's who wasn't even in the war. So confusing lol.

Vaddix

Awards
Half those symbols I can't figure out. First thing this KH chess set needs to do is tell who is who. None of these symbols look like Dark Riku. Yet there is one that looks like Vexen's who wasn't even in the war. So confusing lol.

Correct, but notice, as we were kinda getting at, the Roxas, Axel, and Xion symbols aren't included on this art piece, and did not show up in-game.

As for the ones that *are* included, here's what we have:

On the Light set, from left to right: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ventus

On the Dark set, likewise: Master Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, Yong Xehanort, Marluxia, Vanitas, Larxene, Demyx*, Vexen*, Luxord, Riku Replica*

*Note: These three asterisked I am not totally certain of, but seem within reason and the best possible guesses; the rest of them I am pretty much certain of, and can dig up reasoning and evidence to support them if need be

Back