• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts characters in Hogwarts houses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I'm simply trying to pass the time during the quarantine. And I was thinking it could create something interesting by bringing the division system of the Harry Potter franchise into the world of Kingdom Hearts. So, if The Sorting Hat would suddenly drop in the head of Sora, Riku, Roxas and others, what would it have to say about them? Here's a little reminder of what each of the houses represent:

Gryffindor
The typical house of heroes. Oh yes, the house we all wish to think we belong. And why wouldn't we? They are courageous risk-takers, who won't back down from a fight and are ready challenge themselves. Their passion easily turns into stubbornness, but in the end their heart is in the right place, and they are an inspiration for others.

Hufflepuff
A humble house, that values honesty, justice and loyalty. They are the natural caretakers. They may not be brightest minds, but they work hard and aim do the right thing simply because it's the right thing. Not for the sake of glory. Often overlooked, when in many ways their high moral values actually make them the most balanced house.

Ravenclaw
As the strict house of wisdom, they are the creative thinkers in their circles. The stereotype people have about them often equals "nerdy", due to their passion for intelligence and learning. But a true Ravenclaw is also an open-minded philosopher, who looks past the facts they see in a book.

Slytherin
Like Ravenclaw, they aim for intelligence. But due to their ambitious nature, they also seek to think few steps ahead of others, wanting to be the best. That's also why they can even rise up from the bottom & make excellent leaders. Their ways might be ruthless and cunning, which why they are often looked as self-centered.

Answer in a way that feels best for you. Choose a house, and list all the characters that you think belong there, or write down all your thoughts about a placement for one certain character. Or simply cover as much as you want! Just remember that rarely a character possesses the traits solely to one single house. For example, Sora would first sound like an obvious Gryffindor, but his sincere love for his friends can also be considered as a trait for Hufflepuff :unsure:
P.s. I'm mainly a Hufflepuff, but also about 30% Gryffindor.

Nukara

Awards
Sora,Riku,Kairi,Aqua,Terra,Ventus ,Axel.Heyner :Gryffindor
Roxas,Namine,Ienzo:Ravenclaw
Xion,Olette,Pence:Hufflepuff
Saix,Xehanort,Even,Marluxia,Larxene:Slytherin

Awards
For starters:
Ventus = Gryffindor
Doesn't come as a surprise. Ventus is passionate boy with pure heart and will to be a hero. Occasionally his energy makes him come a cross a bit childish, but most of the time his more than capable to back up his words.

Aqua = Hufflepuff
She is the big sister/maternal figure of her friend group. She always ready to lend a helping hand for a people in need, simply based on compassion. She knows very well what's she's capable of, and rarely feels the need to prove something for others. Even when she becomes the champion at the Coliseum, she feels no need to make a big deal out of it. Her lower level of ambition is her strength and her weakness.

Kairi = Ravenclaw
This girl has absolutely no evil bone in her body. But at the same time, she looks at the world with more thoughtful perspective than Sora or Ventus. This can be seen when she writes down her thoughts in a letter meant for Sora. Kingdom Hearts 3 also showed her ambition to become better and step out from her comfort zone.

Riku = Slytherin
I won't be surprised, if someone considers this as a short-sighted view, pointing out that "he's not a villain anymore." That itself, is something I agree with. But as proven trough Severus Snape, Slyherin doesn't equal being a bad person. Riku's development as a character hasn't taken away his ambition and will to do things in his own way. Rather, it has brought him to a place where he can be all that without the fear of darkness. Not to mention that he's not above of allowing himself to descend, if it means he can help someone he truly cares about. Granted, when asked, he would probably wish to be a Gryffindor. But based on what he capable of, I say he could be an exceptionally proud Slytherin.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
this is really a creative topic<3

Gryffindor
Sora
Ventus

Hufflepuff
Axel (his loyalty, still I see him as Gryffindor tbh)
Aqua
Terra
Roxas (don’t know about Roxas, torn between this and Gryffindor)

Ravenclaw
kairi
Namine
Xion
Eraqus

Slytherin
Riku
Xehanort
Vanitas
Xigbar

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Gryffindor: Sora, Terra, Roxas, Hayner, Kairi, Eraqus, Riku Replica, Aqua
Ravenclaw: Namine, Olette, Zexion, Vexen, Ansem the Wise, Luxord
Hufflepuff: Ventus, Pence, Lexaeus, Demyx, Xion
Slytherin: Riku, Xehanort and all his iterations, Axel, Larxene, Marluxia, Xaldin (his obsession with Beast in Days almost reminds me of the Bloody Baron lol), Xigbar, Saix

I think Riku fits in Slytherin not just in reference to his KH1 self when he did anything to leave the island, to be the most powerful, etc. But even in KH2, Riku goes to “any means to achieve his ends” (ie, giving into darkness and changing his form to Xehanort’s Heartless all to save Sora). Not all Slytherins are evil, after all. :p Same with Axel, when he attempts to kidnap Kairi to help resurrect Roxas. Even when he’s attempting to do a good thing, he goes to questionable extremes. Saix fits there because he did horrible things in pursuit of the mystery girl, and then when he became jealous of Axel's friendship with Roxas and Xion, he went so far as to cut them verbally hoping to weaken their friendship.

Last edited:
Awards
this is really a creative topic<3

Gryffindor
Sora
Ventus

Hufflepuff
Axel (his loyalty, still I see him as Gryffindor tbh)
Aqua
Terra
Roxas (don’t know about Roxas, torn between this and Gryffindor)

Ravenclaw
kairi
Namine
Xion
Eraqus

Slytherin
Riku
Xehanort
Vanitas
Xigbar

I agree with you about 97%. I love it how you look past the stereotype that all the main heroes have to be Gryffindor. Hufflepuffs, for example, posses almost an equal amount of heroic traits, only replacing fair amount of courage with patience. Roxas is bit of mystery for me as well. He's absolutely fearless, but instead of going around as a hero, he prefers to enjoy life with good people around him. For me, it says a lot that when he has a day off, he simply wishes to have some ice cream. But he can also be a bit malevolent(for those who deserve it). His placement would probably depend on the mood he would have at the moment 😅

Axel is an unusual Hufflepuff, but still I think he would fit there just right. He joins the Organization with Isa/Saix, but his hedonistic ways prevent him climbing up the ranks, finally making his personal values clash with them. With Roxas, they balance out Xion's immured nature real nice.

And yes! Eraqus is Ravenclaw! That's exactly why none of his student(even Aqua) don't turn exactly like him, despite of him being a father figure for all of them,

Last edited:
Awards
I think Riku fits in Slytherin not just in reference to his KH1 self when he did anything to leave the island, to be the most powerful, etc. But even in KH2, Riku goes to “any means to achieve his ends” (ie, giving into darkness and changing his form to Xehanort’s Heartless all to save Sora). Not all Slytherins are evil, after all. :p Same with Axel, when he attempts to kidnap Kairi to help resurrect Roxas. Even when he’s attempting to do a good thing, he goes to questionable extremes.

Definitely agree when it comes to Riku. Typical Slytherins have many traits of a hero. Though he has grown a lot and learned to regret his mistakes, the beginning of his story still tells a lot about what's underneath the surface. Reminding Elsa from Frozen, Riku has a high sense of self-preservation, and skills to be a silent leader. His mistakes didn't completely change that, more like taught him to aim it for the right direction.

He could have difficulties to find people to connect with in Slytherin. But unlike Sora, he doesn't need the world to love him. Only those few who matter.

Foxycian

Awards
Definitely agree when it comes to Riku. Typical Slytherins have many traits of a hero. Though he has grown a lot and learned to regret his mistakes, the beginning of his story still tells a lot about what's underneath the surface. Reminding Elsa from Frozen, Riku has a high sense of self-preservation, and skills to be a silent leader. His mistakes didn't completely change that, more like taught him to aim it for the right direction.

He could have difficulties to find people to connect with in Slytherin. But unlike Sora, he doesn't need the world to love him. Only those few who matter.
Thanks I know it would be strange cause pretty much all the main characters are hero type so I decided to ignore that and make it bit realistic and focus on each of their points, Sora and Ventus really fit in Gryffindor.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This one is hard because literally most characters fit Gryffindor or Slytherin. Both are pretty basic where as Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff stand out lol. Anyway I'll attempt this madness.

Gryffindor: Sora, Ventus, Terra, Roxas, Eraqus, Hayner, Repliku, Aqua, Ephemer

Hufflepuff: Ava, Kairi, Xion, Olette, Demyx, Lexaeus/Aeleus, Luxord,

Ravenclaw: Pence, Ienzo/Zexion, Even/Vexen, Namine, Gula, Invi, Ira, Axel/Lea, Skuld

Slytherin: Riku, All Xehanorts, Marluxia, Larxene, Xaldin, Saix, Vanitas, Aced, Xigbar, Ansem the Wise,

I think I got all the main characters that are not Disney or FF. This was really tough and many of these I had to double check. I almost put Aqua and Roxas both in Hufflepuff but I think they fit more Gryrrindor in the end. I also agreed with and copied Tartarus's take on Riku and Repliku as not all Slytherin's are evil and Repliku is very heroic.

I added the Foretellers because I feel I know enough about their personalities to place them in a house. Aced made Slytherin but only because he was the most aggressive and caused the biggest amount of conflict among the group, I don't think he's evil though.

I debated to put Vexen in Slytherin but honestly his replica research has helped and created lives so he's been way more helpful then say Ansem the wise. I also almost put Aeleus in Gryffindor but thought Hufflepuff was a better fit.

Axel/Lea was the toughest one to house. He fits and contradicts all four houses. I decided to house him in Ravenclaw due to him always being smart and learning new info each game. But Axel fits all Hogwarts houses lol. I think the rest speak for themselves.

Edit: I choose to put Ephemer and Skuld in too. From what I've seen Ephemer is Gryffindor and Skuld fits Ravenclaw due to her detective work...but she could also place in Hufflepuff.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Gryffindor: Roxas, Kairi, Terra

Hufflepuff: Sora, Xion, Ventus

Ravenclaw: Naminé, Aqua, Riku

Slytherin: Axel/Lea

I'm not going through the trouble of the Foretellers and Organization XIII. Just the known cast.

I feel Roxas isn't really Hufflepuff. He might be chill at certain points, but it took tooth and nail to get him to willingly sacrifice himself for the greater good and even after that he wasn't satisfied. Among his other negative traits. So he's 100% a Gryffindor. The other Soras belong in Hufflepuff. The whole entire point of Sora's character is how he's able to connect with everyone and willing to help even strangers.

Aqua, Naminé, and Riku come off as the sensible people, if sometimes misguided. Riku would have been Slytherin, but it doesn't fit current, developed Riku now. Naminé is calm, intuitive, and is capable of introspection. Aqua has a motherly nature, but she's also the brains in her group considering...well.

Before Axel got flanderized and became an utter joke, he was fitting for Slytherin, so Slytherin it is.

Terra was hard.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
And yes! Eraqus is Ravenclaw! That's exactly why none of his student(even Aqua) don't turn exactly like him, despite of him being a father figure for all of them,
I had Aqua in Ravenclaw to begin with, but it's when deciding to put Eraqus as a Gryffindor that I ultimately changed her, too. At first I was thinking Ravenclaw because both characters are all airy, varying degrees of judgmental, and put a big focus on pursuit of ultimate knowledge of the Keyblade and how it should be wielded, but ultimately for them their actions are a pursuit of what they perceive as Right over everything else. They see Darkness as evil and dangerous to everyone, and almost all their actions are about defending the worlds from it. It's how Hermione ends up in Gryffindor even though she's brainy like a Ravenclaw. I think Eraqus shows that quality most when he tries to destroy Ventus. It's a wrong action on its face, but Eraqus saw Ventus as a threat to the worlds first and foremost; that would be Slytherin-like if Eraqus knew he was doing something technically wrong to achieve his goal, but I don't think Eraqus even thought of it as a wrong action at all in the moment. Gryffindors can also be stubborn and violent, act first before thinking, which I think describes Eraqus, too. Of all the pupils, Aqua attempts to imitate Eraqus the most in the early stages of the game, and most of her actions are guided by the thought that Darkness = Evil, too.

Xehanort is another one of those. His base desire for knowledge suits Ravenclaw, but I think his choice to do anything for that knowledge trumps that as his defining characteristic, overall.

To explain a few of my other choices: I put Ventus in Hufflepuff because he's pure (being separated from his darkness, Vanitas) and yet not really guided by anything in particular. Demyx isn't a toiler like a Hufflepuff, but I see him as "average" and Hufflepuff takes "the rest," lol. I think Kairi belongs in Gryffindor even though she's mostly a passive character. She does attempt to save Destiny Islands in KH1 and then rescues Sora from the darkness at Hollow Bastion. I guess the only other one I'd have put her in is Hufflepuff.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I had Aqua in Ravenclaw to begin with, but it's when deciding to put Eraqus as a Gryffindor that I ultimately changed her, too. At first I was thinking Ravenclaw because both characters are all airy, varying degrees of judgmental, and put a big focus on pursuit of ultimate knowledge of the Keyblade and how it should be wielded, but ultimately for them their actions are a pursuit of what they perceive as Right over everything else. They see Darkness as evil and dangerous to everyone, and almost all their actions are about defending the worlds from it. It's how Hermione ends up in Gryffindor even though she's brainy like a Ravenclaw. I think Eraqus shows that quality most when he tries to destroy Ventus. It's a wrong action on its face, but Eraqus saw Ventus as a threat to the worlds first and foremost; that would be Slytherin-like if Eraqus knew he was doing something technically wrong to achieve his goal, but I don't think Eraqus even thought of it as a wrong action at all in the moment. Gryffindors can also be stubborn and violent, act first before thinking, which I think describes Eraqus, too. Of all the pupils, Aqua attempts to imitate Eraqus the most in the early stages of the game, and most of her actions are guided by the thought that Darkness = Evil, too.

Xehanort is another one of those. His base desire for knowledge suits Ravenclaw, but I think his choice to do anything for that knowledge trumps that as his defining characteristic, overall.
I didn't even think about putting Eraqus in Ravenclaw. Curse these diverse houses and their numerous meanings. I could have seen him being in that house but I equally see him in Gryffindor. Grrrr so many choices!

Awards
I had Aqua in Ravenclaw to begin with, but it's when deciding to put Eraqus as a Gryffindor that I ultimately changed her, too. At first I was thinking Ravenclaw because both characters are all airy, varying degrees of judgmental, and put a big focus on pursuit of ultimate knowledge of the Keyblade and how it should be wielded, but ultimately for them their actions are a pursuit of what they perceive as Right over everything else. They see Darkness as evil and dangerous to everyone, and almost all their actions are about defending the worlds from it. It's how Hermione ends up in Gryffindor even though she's brainy like a Ravenclaw. I think Eraqus shows that quality most when he tries to destroy Ventus. It's a wrong action on its face, but Eraqus saw Ventus as a threat to the worlds first and foremost; that would be Slytherin-like if Eraqus knew he was doing something technically wrong to achieve his goal, but I don't think Eraqus even thought of it as a wrong action at all in the moment. Gryffindors can also be stubborn and violent, act first before thinking, which I think describes Eraqus, too. Of all the pupils, Aqua attempts to imitate Eraqus the most in the early stages of the game, and most of her actions are guided by the thought that Darkness = Evil, too

That's an interesting perspective about Eraqus :unsure: Indeed, he & Aqua both have many of the heroic traits from Gryffindor. But when he decided to destroy Ventus, in my books it was a measured decision: He was putting aside his emotions, and followed logic. He obviously did feel grief for what (he thought) had to be done, but the idea of Xehanort getting what he wanted seemed worse in his perspective. That's exactly what caused the conflict between him & Terra(Gryffindor/Hufflepuff). Because Terra went with his guts, defending Ven cause it was morally right. Even if he would've known what Eraqus's motives were, I feel he would've insisted that there has to be another way.

And yes, Aqua tries most to follow in their master's footsteps. Her ultimate care for others however, is what makes perspective different. Like Samwell Tarly in Game of Thrones: The guy loves books & learning, but ultimately clashes with the maesters (season 7) cause he doesn't comprehend their way of following the book knowledge over everything else.

Last edited:
Awards
I didn't even think about putting Eraqus in Ravenclaw. Curse these diverse houses and their numerous meanings. I could have seen him being in that house but I equally see him in Gryffindor. Grrrr so many choices!

That's exactly what makes this such a fun topic😁Even when there's only 4 options, almost all the houses have at least something similar. And like many people in real life, most of the characters have more than one side. Much depends on the situation they're in at each time, or the people around them. For example, even Riku has the sensitive and caring(Hufflepuff) side. It's just "reserved" for the people he feels comfortable with. Like Sora and Mickey.

So, much of this is a matter of opinion, depending what each of us thinks matters most. Roxas and Axel are probably the most difficult ones to place here😅

Last edited:
Back