• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: The Ice Cream Collection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
First of all, I would appreciate it if those who dislike Birth by Sleep keep their bashing out of this thread. This thread is meant to be fun and NOT used as an area to bash on the game. There are PLENTY of threads of that ilk in the BBS forum already. Please be respectful of this wish and of anyone posting here.

Now that the request is out of the way, let's dive into what this thread's topic is: Ice Cream!

Birth by Sleep introduced some fun-looking ice creams as a mechanic to trigger command styles with ease. Each one is a fun flavor that connects with an artistically pleasing design to match the name of the treat. What is your favorite of the ice creams we are given in BBS? What about the design catches your eye? Describe a command style and ice cream that you would create and which Kh character (anyone you want) would have it in their inventory. Feel free to include a doodle of your ice cream idea.

I'll start off with my own answer to these questions and the prompt.

My favorite ice cream in the game is Rock'N Crunch from Terra's file. I like the fact that it looks like it would be less sweet than some of the other flavors and I adore the little star in the center of the bar. The overall design looks the most feasible to me and I think I can imagine the flavor: Vanilla base with a chocolate star and hardened caramel-cashew shells.

If I could design an command style and ice cream, I would make a set for Riku. The command style would be called 'Eternal Dusk', fueled primarily by Riku's Dark Aura and Dark Shield abilities. The ice cream would be in a replica of the Soldier heartless helmet and consist of chocolate ice cream with white, blue, and purple sprinkles as well as sour gummies for a contrast. It seems interesting and fun in my head at least. I may sketch it out later when I feel like doodling.

I hope everyone has fun with this thread!

Caxinuld

Awards
It's a shame BBS's ice creams are less popular compared to Sea Salt Ice Cream, I'd love to see video tutorials on recreating the ice creams. Bonus points if the chefs are cosplayers.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ohhhhhh I love this, I remember how I hunted down the Prize Pods to get all the ingredients and all the recipeeehhhs, in the end it was really fun :'D

latest
- Snow Bear, the one I find most delicious-looking and would totally eat, if it weren't tofu-flavored but choco&vanilla-flavored T w T
latest
- Royalberry, the one that I find most adorable, add Aqua in the pic and the cuteness will melt your heart. Also got practical use for me, as I love the Bladecharge command <3 <3 <3 especially when playing as Aqua
latest
- Doublecrunch, the one I probably used most because I looooooove Ven's Wingblade command style. My favourite command style there is, it looks superb to me!

Caxinuld

Awards
Doublecrunch is weird, the Kingdom Keys didn't exist or reveal themselves to the worlds during the events of BBS, yet they show up on the icecream. The most likely explanation is that someone wanted to make a cool ice cream and didn't consider that the Keys don't exist at this point in time.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
It's a shame BBS's ice creams are less popular compared to Sea Salt Ice Cream, I'd love to see video tutorials on recreating the ice creams. Bonus points if the chefs are cosplayers.

It really is but I can also understand the reason for this being that it also has more direct ties to the storylines of Roxas and his two groups of friends. I personally am not a huge fan of Sea Salt Ice Cream. Often it is too salty. Thus far I only like Quintin Finns' recipe that he shared with the fans. Cosplayers making the BBS ice creams would be epic!

Ohhhhhh I love this, I remember how I hunted down the Prize Pods to get all the ingredients and all the recipeeehhhs, in the end it was really fun :'D

YES! The Prize Pods! I'm in the process of hunting them down right now. Only missing one of Aqua's Ice Cream Flavors so far. Working on my PS4 playthroughs. I love your reasoning for your choices and I totally agree with Chocolate & Vanilla vs Tofu.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
YES! The Prize Pods! I'm in the process of hunting them down right now. Only missing one of Aqua's Ice Cream Flavors so far. Working on my PS4 playthroughs. I love your reasoning for your choices and I totally agree with Chocolate & Vanilla vs Tofu.

Good luck with that, plan your aerial attacks well, you know how fast they fly off lol Magic makes them drop ingredients as well! as far as I remember...
To tell the truth, I often eat teddy-bear -shaped ice cream irl and it's choco&vanilla-flavored, so I'm already a fan of this combination, it's cute and delish!
I am not a huge fan of the Diamond Dust style which the Snow Bear activates, so in-game I wouldn't use it that much. Irl however it would be totally cool to activate Diamond Dust on me lol, all the icy glitter and fab magical light
but my real teddy ice cream sadly never worked in that sense
707_giffiii_by_darkgreyheroine-dbkpjp6.gif

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Good luck with that, plan your aerial attacks well, you know how fast they fly off lol Magic makes them drop ingredients as well! as far as I remember.
707_giffiii_by_darkgreyheroine-dbkpjp6.gif

What I usually do is I will go where they spawn with a deck full of nothing but Magnega spells. Gets you the maximum amount of payoff for the least amount of having to hunt them down. Thankfully this method works for all three characters though with Terra it's best to equip Treasure Trove or Pixie Petal beforehand to give him the boost in Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back