• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ice Cream Recipes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

whittertwitter

Website
whittertwitter.tumblr.com
I've been making all the ice creams from Birth by Sleep this past semester, and I finally finished the series today! Here is the master post for all my recipes. No one's ever made all of them to my knowledge, so I thought the community might like this. :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh, so you're the one who's been making them! I've been admiring them from afar for a while and following your progress. That's so cool how you've made them all. I think I'll give these a try sometime~

whittertwitter

Website
Oh, so you're the one who's been making them! I've been admiring them from afar for a while and following your progress. That's so cool how you've made them all. I think I'll give these a try sometime~
Thanks so much! <3 A word of warning, don't make Daisy Sorbet unless you have a fine-mesh strainer. I don't think I'll ever get the grape juice stains out of my counter top. (This is the right place to post this, then? I thought it might fit better in the fandom subforum, but it only had sections for fanfic, fanart, and RP.)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ooooo thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind!

And yeah, it's perfectly fine to post it here. Don't worry about it <3

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
AH! I have wanted to try them for a while, and I plan on getting around to your recipes this upcoming summer xP I do love your work...just letting you know lol xP

Out of them all, which one is your favorite???

whittertwitter

Website
AH! I have wanted to try them for a while, and I plan on getting around to your recipes this upcoming summer xP I do love your work...just letting you know lol xP

Out of them all, which one is your favorite???
Thanks so much!

Taste-wise, I'd say my favorite was Rockin' Crunch, partly because the combination of caramel and chocolate reminded me of Gold Medal Ribbon, my favorite ice cream flavor as a kid. My favorite ice cream to make was Milky Way, because it was super fun working with cotton candy and marshmallow together and I wasn't sure how it'd turn out. (Conversely, my least favorite flavor was Fabracadabra because I don't like honeydew melons, and my least favorite ice cream to make was Daisy Sorbet because it was so finicky.)

whittertwitter

Website
Wow, these sound great! How Long did it take to come up with all this? I have to try this one day. Most likely summer
Thank you! Not too terribly long, really. I brainstormed most of them while I was home for the summer and tweaked them in the week leading up to each recipe's creation; the hard part was finding the ingredients for some of them, since my college town is pretty small.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love your recipes! I have been trying to make a few of them, but I can't use milk since I'm lactose intolerent so I've been substituting it with regular almond milk and so far I love the Honeybunny and Big Bad Pete. (of course it gives it a different flavor and consistency than if it were normal milk, but it all still tastes delicious)

Thank you for making these recipes!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
(Conversely, my least favorite flavor was Fabracadabra because I don't like honeydew melons, and my least favorite ice cream to make was Daisy Sorbet because it was so finicky.)

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! I dislike Honeydew with a passion so that was the one I was going to try first (you can only go up from there was my train of thought lol xP) Do you think it is even moderately possible to make some of the shapes that the ice cream is in the game?

I love your recipes! I have been trying to make a few of them, but I can't use milk since I'm lactose intolerent so I've been substituting it with regular almond milk and so far I love the Honeybunny and Big Bad Pete. (of course it gives it a different flavor and consistency than if it were normal milk, but it all still tastes delicious)

Does almond milk work? I have almond milk too (my mom is lactose intolerant) and I prefer it to normal milk but I didn't know if it would work...

whittertwitter

Website
wow, I'm gonna try some of these! At least they're easy to make.
Yay! All the recipes use my mother's vanilla ice cream recipe as a base, and I'm so glad she gave it to me; I wouldn't want to futz around with an ice cream machine even if I could afford a decent one right now.

Thanks! Have you tried the Snow Bear yet? It uses plain soy milk and silken tofu instead of milk and heavy cream, and it literally tasted just like regular ice cream, so maybe you could try that for the rest of them? (I probably should have thought out alternatives for the milk beforehand...)

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! I dislike Honeydew with a passion so that was the one I was going to try first (you can only go up from there was my train of thought lol xP) Do you think it is even moderately possible to make some of the shapes that the ice cream is in the game?

Exactly! I tried to do mine more or less in order, which is why I stupidly saved it for next to last. XP If you're talking about the body parts of Mickey and Co., I think the only thing that's possible to make without culinary training are Mickey and Minnie's ears, Pete's ears, and Goofy and Pete's noses; I wouldn't even try making Donald and Daisy's bills. In regard to the other ice creams, the soft serve effect could be replicated with an icing bag and an appropriately shaped nozzle. Honeybunny should be simple, since all you'd need is a regular scoop of ice cream for the head and the ears could be rolled out by hand. Or you could find a rabbit-shaped mold! I think the only difficult one would be Snow Bear; I doubt you'd be able to find a bear-shaped mold that looks close enough to it and there are too many parts to shape by hand and have it come out looking halfway decent. I'd say try to find a regular popsicle mold and a mold that looks like the Dilly Bar from Dairy Queen for the body and the head and mold the snout and ears by hand.

Does almond milk work? I have almond milk too (my mom is lactose intolerant) and I prefer it to normal milk but I didn't know if it would work...
I don't know about almond milk, but soy milk works just fine, as does coconut milk.

Sammi

Thank you for providing recipes - I'm so tempted to make all the ice creams!

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Wow I am going to have to try to make some of these sometime! It sounds like a good summer project.

whittertwitter

Website
Wow I am going to have to try to make some of these sometime! It sounds like a good summer project.
Yeah; don't be like me and make them all in autumn and winter. It got so cold here that the last few batches froze more on the walk to my friends' apartment than in my freezer.
These are so cool, thanks for sharing!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back