• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep HD is in English as well!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

We learnt yesterday that the Theatre mode for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix contained English scenes. Today, we booted up our copy of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX and checked if Birth by Sleep was the same.

If you clear the game, you unlock the Trinity Archives, and in it is theatre mode for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Pressing L2 unlocks English voices, so fans can listen to their favourite scenes in HD and in English!

Unfortunately Re:coded is only available in the Japanese language.

Don't forget to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Square Enix: "Surprise!"

It's even the English lip sync. ;~; Now I REALLY hope they left the Japanese voices in the NA/EU/AUS version of 2.5.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I would be so upset if the western release only has English now.

Don't let us down, SE!

axel95

Awards
Wow. So the two month wait is basically for nothing. Since BBS has English as well, it raises my hopes that we'll get a Japanese theater. C'mon Square, you can do it!!!!

Kevin Perez

I hope there is indeed Japanese a option too.

I have nothing against Jason Doring and Willa Holland. I believe despite certain moments/deliveries/lines, they DO make a great Terra and Aqua and was often disgusted/puzzled at the unfair bashing these two recieved yet at the same time, I absolutely LOVE Ryotaro Okiayu and Megumi Tokyoguchi. I swear if we don't get a JPN option for the theater, I will cast a hex on Square Enix NA!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow. So the two month wait is basically for nothing. Since BBS has English as well, it raises my hopes that we'll get a Japanese theater. C'mon Square, you can do it!!!!

Yes, in fact. This is what happened with 1.5 as well. The game was done June but they waited until September (which was ridiculous because it was still pitted up against GTA5 and I think a Fifa game so SE didn't really avoid anything by waiting). And it still had audio bugs.

We can only hope this 2 month wait will give the 2.5 team time to patch the graphical and audio issues in KH2FM in time for the western release.

Kevin Perez

I dare say that if they don't put a option to watch the videos in Japan, than I'd rather they'd not release the NA version at all! Same for goes Europe and Australia! It's not that I think that Japanese is better just that it's amazing to contrast the (translation) differences between English and Japanese.

I kid, I kid......I'm not that anal and would NEVER wish for anything like that to happen.

:tongue:

DoctahFaz

Awards
Now if the Re:coded scenes can be switched to English, we can watch it two months early!

limit

Oh my god when Riku kicked the sand dust actually came out

I need this game...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hopefully. But if the past KH games are anything to go by, they probably won't.

True. Game-breaking glitches in KH3D and all they've got is "we can't replicate them so they don't exist." Even though it was the same glitches from the Japanese version AND more. Oh well.

KH2FM's glitches are rather funny, but honestly they are also wholly unacceptable for a final product. Entire textures not loading onto models, characters not even in the right place during reaction command events in battle, though? While not being game-breaking, I'd say that it should at least be considered irritating lol

Anyways, happy mistakes (unless this was intentional) like leaving in the English dub are perfect~

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Yes, in fact. This is what happened with 1.5 as well. The game was done June but they waited until September (which was ridiculous because it was still pitted up against GTA5 and I think a Fifa game so SE didn't really avoid anything by waiting). And it still had audio bugs.

We can only hope this 2 month wait will give the 2.5 team time to patch the graphical and audio issues in KH2FM in time for the western release.

Wait are you serious? The game is probably already done but they're just making us wait another 2 months so that they can just do, what, nothing? That seems unacceptable. What do they have to gain by making us wait a full 2 months?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wait are you serious? The game is probably already done but they're just making us wait another 2 months so that they can just do, what, nothing? That seems unacceptable. What do they have to gain by making us wait a full 2 months?

I'm sure their marketing and sales teams believe that a later release date will be better for sales. I can't say I agree.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
What really pisses me off is knowing that we could have played 1.5 throughout the summer and didn't get it until well into the school year. I don't really get to just sit and play through a game while I'm at a school and if I am playing through a game like that, progress is snails pace because I'm only playing a few times a week for like an hour or 2 at a time. And now they're releasing this one super close to finals week so I'm going to want to play that a bunch when really I should be studying and I won't even be able to really chill out about it like I did with 1.5 and use it as motivation to get my work done fast. GRRR it's so frustrating! /rant

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I hope there is indeed Japanese a option too.

I have nothing against Jason Doring and Willa Holland. I believe despite certain moments/deliveries/lines, they DO make a great Terra and Aqua and was often disgusted/puzzled at the unfair bashing these two recieved yet at the same time, I absolutely LOVE Ryotaro Okiayu and Megumi Tokyoguchi. I swear if we don't get a JPN option for the theater, I will cast a hex on Square Enix NA!

Agreed, both sets of voice actors work well with the characters. The Japanese VA's sounded more natural (surprise, surprise, it was originally made in Japan), but the English VA's still had the perfect voices in regards to and English dub even if they did falter a bit due mostly to inexperience.

Also, as I probably already mentioned in the II: Final Mix thread, I can only hope that they'll actually bother putting in a Japanese option worldwide. It may not happen, but we'll never know until we get the game, so...

axel95

Awards
What really pisses me off is knowing that we could have played 1.5 throughout the summer and didn't get it until well into the school year. I don't really get to just sit and play through a game while I'm at a school and if I am playing through a game like that, progress is snails pace because I'm only playing a few times a week for like an hour or 2 at a time. And now they're releasing this one super close to finals week so I'm going to want to play that a bunch when really I should be studying and I won't even be able to really chill out about it like I did with 1.5 and use it as motivation to get my work done fast. GRRR it's so frustrating! /rant
This is my struggle too! I just platinumed KHFM a few days ago, and I'd like to have Re:CoM platinumed before 2.5 comes out, but I probably won't be able to. Oh well. It looks like what little social life I had is going down the drain. But it's for Kingdom Hearts, so at least it's a decent cause!

limit

Business answer: probably because it would market better closer to Christmas.

Or they could be using it as an excuse to fix it up for other regions, when in reality they're making 3D HD ;)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Like Tinny said, their marketing and sales teams + upper management set this up. Not just because of sale projections, but plenty of companies also look at other releases that will happen around the same time and decide that way.

I'm sure their marketing and sales teams believe that a later release date will be better for sales. I can't say I agree.

Holiday season may or may not help boost sales. Since it is the holidays, spending always goes up and with a game like this being on shelves, people looking for gifts are more likely to pick it up.

It may not help, though, because this is also when people bargain hunt. Unless paired with some kind of sale, people may pass it over in order to get their hands on a cheaper game. Not to mention PS4 and XB1 sales will likely shoot up around that time along with software sales. 2.5 as a PS3 game could easily get lost in the shuffle.

Exactly. My finals are the week after 2.5 comes out and honestly I feel like it'll add to my stress. The conflict of wanting to play but having to do my work will kill me. My goal is to try and get things done early so I can enjoy playing but I know for a fact I am a procrastinator so...Ugh. I feel your pain.

This is my struggle too! I just platinumed KHFM a few days ago, and I'd like to have Re:CoM platinumed before 2.5 comes out, but I probably won't be able to. Oh well. It looks like what little social life I had is going down the drain. But it's for Kingdom Hearts, so at least it's a decent cause!

Lol, when Kingdom Hearts is involved, there is no such thing as a social life. I haven't talked to my friends in a month because of school and it probably won't be until the end of October when I talk to them while I get my school work done and play as much JPN 2.5 as I can.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Exactly. My finals are the week after 2.5 comes out and honestly I feel like it'll add to my stress. The conflict of wanting to play but having to do my work will kill me. My goal is to try and get things done early so I can enjoy playing but I know for a fact I am a procrastinator so...Ugh. I feel your pain.

This seems to be a theme here since my finals are both during and after that week, too - two of my exams are on the 2nd and 3rd while the third one could be done on either the 4th or the 11th depending since it's a final project instead of an exam. I can only hope that my last one can be done on the 4th instead of the 11th since that means that I can spend the rest of that week as well as my entire winter break on the collection. Knowing my luck, I'll probably wait 'til the last minute like I do every semester because working on projects and studying can be quite a pain...

Either way, I can only guess that they wanted to release it early December instead of later is so that people can have time to at least get the game first instead of waiting too long before Christmas is only three days away or whatever. Unfortunately, it still doesn't really explain why they waited until December for this aside from maybe holiday sales as Master Spockanort already mentioned or perhaps to fix some bugs or even "secretly" make a 3D remaster on the side like limit mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back