• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Features Capes on the Armour!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep features Capes on the Armour!

We need a cute, popping sound effect for the sprouting cape. XD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

That was one of the funniest Kingdom Hearts moments of all time.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Having Terra playable while wearing the cape would be really tricky for the programmers. Making it appear at the end in a cutscene is much more manageable.

I understand why they did it, but from a storytelling aspect it raises eyebrows. But it can all be chalked up to tempermental, non-sensical magic so whatever.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Praise Yasue. He delivered right at the end.
^^^^^^^^

I was seriously not expecting this, not even in my wildest dreams. I'm laughing at how it POPS out (still super cool).

Too bad they couldn't do it for the entire game to match the opening where everyone has their capes BUT this is a fantastic compromise.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
praise joey for staying up to plow through terra's scenario and confirming this for us like a crazy person ;A;

axel95

Awards
Is the magic cape reveal hilarious and completely cheesy? Yes, it is. But I still love it. Don't hate the magic cape!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
When I first watched the video, I didn't think it was real because of how awkward it looked despite knowing it was. It just reminded me of those MMD videos people make haha.

And it just pops out for no reason. "Time to sleep? MAGICAL CAPE TIME!"

That is the best magic cape reveal ever. Capes will burst forth from everybody randomly in KH3. Believe.

But really, those clever devs. They got the cape in anyways. Maybe fans made enough of a fuss about it that they decided to toss us a little bone? Yasue, Nomura, and the person who put the cape into the scene all get my love.

dude no need get worked up its not magical cape but everyone has his opinion

If Sora's clothes are magic and magically transform him into a lion, this cape is also magical in that it burst forth from nowhere.

Kevin Perez

Terror's Armor has even more swag now.

For those who believe this defies logic and is very bizarre, remember loldisneymagic and lolkingdom hearts, as well as lollingeringwill. Or better, say to yourself "It's only a Square Enix/Disney video game, it's only Square Enix/Disney video game!"

:smile:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe Terra wanted something to make him comfortable this time around. Ten years is a long time to sleep.

Comfort magical cape?

"Oh, a cape for me? Great, maybe I can use this as a blanket, or a house."

Terra is homeless.

This makes sense too. No man should go without something to call their own at the end of the day, even if they are an empty suit of armor.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Yay I can't believe they added the capes. Maybe because they wanted the Lingering Will fight to become canon when it wasn't before.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Yay I can't believe they added the capes. Maybe because they wanted the Lingering Will fight to become canon when it wasn't before.

I'm pretty sure the fight has always been canon. Actually I believe all 3 major fights (Unknown, Lingering Will, Unknown 3D) are canon.

axel95

Awards
I'm pretty sure the fight has always been canon. Actually I believe all 3 major fights (Unknown, Lingering Will, Unknown 3D) are canon.
The Unkown in KHFM has always been canon, but I don't think that any other secret boss is. But they might be making Lingering Will canon now with the addition of the cape.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Before watching the video I thought you meant the cape was in the final battle against Terranort but instead it just pops out afterward. It's still cool that they added it though. But isn't the fight still inconsistent? Lingering Will stops on that piece of land that MX rose up but in KH2 FM it looks like you fight him in the area that you fight Vanitas with Ven and Mickey.

I've wondered about Unknown 3D. I know he can control time but why would he fight all 3 characters?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i think it came from inside his armor theres like big hole in his back

That wouldn't really fit an outfit for combat. You don't have a cape stuffed up in there because it can limit mobility and what comfort you can get in a suit of armor. The hole is––and I checked––there to allow the armor to move with the back muscles. There is just no room for a cape to fit anywhere there and so the magical armor can burst forth a magical cape from where all magical things come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back