• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix on the 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

deep_but_stupid

I dont really know much about this but wouldn't a straight port to a completly different console (sony to nintendo) be pretty hard if not impossible, withuot complely remaking it? And if they do they had better do it so its in multiple languages.

PowerIsNothing

I dont really know much about this but wouldn't a straight port to a completly different console (sony to nintendo) be pretty hard if not impossible, withuot complely remaking it? And if they do they had better do it so its in multiple languages.

All they would have to do is add in 3D, remap the controls so that it can have the 3DS analog functionality and slightly sharpen the graphics. Thats not impossible, its simply a tune up on superior hardware.

nubstyle

All main games were made for sony consoles. And we dont know yet that the 3DS has superior hardware.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Don't see why sony comes into the equation. A port could happen if SE wants more money

It doesn't, I'm just saying it would be like a punch to the face of Sony, because this game is big and a huge seller for the PSP I think...so porting it to the 3DS, which many will have upon release, will make people not need to buy a PSP and such for the game...thats all :p

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
It doesn't, I'm just saying it would be like a punch to the face of Sony, because this game is big and a huge seller for the PSP I think...so porting it to the 3DS, which many will have upon release, will make people not need to buy a PSP and such for the game...thats all :p

And Sony wants to increase the PSP sales. So FM on 3DS....means less PSP sales.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

Thats sony's problem not SE. sony needs to find a way to make the psp a better purchase or deal with the piracy if they want psp to sell. Or they can just release a psp2 but they are going to hard time with the 3ds comes out

Allister Rose

French Lover
Thats sony's problem not SE. sony needs to find a way to make the psp a better purchase or deal with the piracy if they want psp to sell. Or they can just release a psp2 but they are going to hard time with the 3ds comes out
either way it's still not reasonable idea to port BBS onto 3ds and then make a final mix on it (btw the only way it could get a FM on 3ds BBS will have to be ported. that and i don't see any other reason why it should go on it. And qualities of the 3ds isn't a reason at all).

the game will probably have high sales, and the 3ds hasn't been released yet. so we should all just slow down.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
All main games were made for sony consoles. And we dont know yet that the 3DS has superior hardware.
997778_20100622_screen005.jpg

Capcom says this is in-game.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
If anything, a Birth By Sleep Final Mix will either stay on the PSP (if they find a means to upgrade the disk capacity between now and then) or come out for the PS3. I think a Nintendo to Sony transfer would be much more likely with Nomura than the other way around anyways.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
997778_20100622_screen005.jpg

Capcom says this is in-game.

I think Capcom is lying to be honest. After watching Kid Icarrus uprising trailer and a bunch of screenshots for KH3D and the Occorana of time remake, I'd say that screenshot is definitely pre-rendered. The 3DS can handle gamecube graphics but NOT 360 graphics, that's just way too much.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think Capcom is lying to be honest. After watching Kid Icarrus uprising trailer and a bunch of screenshots for KH3D and the Occorana of time remake, I'd say that screenshot is definitely pre-rendered. The 3DS can handle gamecube graphics but NOT 360 graphics, that's just way too much.

Wouldn't it be illegal for Capcom to say that if they were lying... you know... false advertising.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It could be put in differently then expected
1. still pictures like in inFamous
2. some kind of cgi or other HD scene

kupo1121

Awards
2. some kind of cgi or other HD scene

I think this is probably true and it could just be an HD scene...SE was able to do wonders for cutscenes on the DS and the GBA, so cutscenes should look better then those in the 3DS and this looks correct. However, this is probably going to be a 2D shot because from what people are saying, the graphics suffer slightly when they are in 3D and generally the 2D games look better graphic-wise.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
Honestly I think it would be splendid if BBS was remixed and re-released on the 3DS.

I don't really see how it would be different from any other multiplatform release...

The touch screen, 3D effect, accelerometer, gyroscope, front-facing camera, and (supposedly) more powerful hardware make the 3DS a possible candidate for a BBS final mix. Still, it's very unlikely due to the fact that they're already developing a KH title for the 3DS.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

its already been confirmed its not pre rendered, people who saw this on the 3DS were able to move the camera around while it played out. Revelations uses the same engine as RE5

kupo1121

Awards
its already been confirmed its not pre rendered, people who saw this on the 3DS were able to move the camera around while it played out. Revelations uses the same engine as RE5

They could move them around, but in the end the images were still shots and still shots look much nicer then in game graphics in most cases.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
They could move them around, but in the end the images were still shots and still shots look much nicer then in game graphics in most cases.

Very true because with those still shots they don't have to worry about slowdown or anything like that so of course they're gonna jack up the polygon count and detail. Who knows if those character models could even run on the 3DS at at least 30 fps. Maybe they can, maybe not.

I'm hoping they could because that would be amazing! But it makes sense to at least be a bit skeptical. I want it to be true, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back