• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix on the 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
And I refer you to my quote.

It all matters about market perspective and frankly, it may or may not happen, but the point is: Square Enix make the decision, not Sony. The PSP was decided as a platform because a: They wanted an experience close to the PS2 KH and b. The PSP is immensely popular in Japan, making it a viable console.

3DS can be number b, but A is something undecided and I question whether it's 'worth' doing or just stick with KH3D.

I never said Sony made the decision, I simply said they'd be ticked.

And I know the decision is 100% Square Enix but I don't even see why Square Enix would bother making a final mix for a completely seperate console. It makes no sense at all.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
^You're absolutely right. I can't even think of a rationale for a business decision of that caliber.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I'm sorry if it sounded that way, but I really was agreeing with you.
haha, amusing.

seriously, a final mix of bbs would just be on the psp. it's the cheapest way to do it. porting it to the 3ds would increase development costs and all that. it doesn't make all that much sense. besides, if there is a bbs final mix, it'd just be the international version anyway.

Allister Rose

French Lover
haha, amusing.

seriously, a final mix of bbs would just be on the psp. it's the cheapest way to do it. porting it to the 3ds would increase development costs and all that. it doesn't make all that much sense. besides, if there is a bbs final mix, it'd just be the international version anyway.
with different color unverse i bet

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There is no point to make a FM of a PSP game on a different system. That would just be porting and there is no point in it, especially for such a new game. The game is fine on the system it is. The reach for the game is big enough, the game JUST came out, so the argument is invalid. It isn't like other games being ported to the 3DS like MGS3. That game came out over six years ago. It is fine to port.

BBS, not so much.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm sorry if it sounded that way, but I really was agreeing with you.

Oh. Never mind, sorry.

There is no point to make a FM of a PSP game on a different system. That would just be porting and there is no point in it, especially for such a new game. The game is fine on the system it is. The reach for the game is big enough, the game JUST came out, so the argument is invalid. It isn't like other games being ported to the 3DS like MGS3. That game came out over six years ago. It is fine to port.

BBS, not so much.

Agreed.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

BBS, not so much.

fm on 3ds only, i agree. A port of BBS for 3DS, if bbs doesn't sell in the west they might see reason to do that. i think it has a chance of selling well here though. Wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing psp games being ported to 3ds, even the recent ones

Allister Rose

French Lover
fm on 3ds only, i agree. A port of BBS for 3DS, if bbs doesn't sell in the west they might see reason to do that. i think it has a chance of selling well here though. Wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing psp games being ported to 3ds, even the resent ones
ok that makes no sense. they can't port something that recently came out to a completely new system that aren't so sure if it will be as popular when the port is made.

another why always compare the west for final mixes? final mixes unfortunately are japan only

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Oh. Never mind, sorry.

It's cool, bra.

Anyway, could we get this closed? I think we unanimously agree that it'd be a stupid idea, so there's nothing left to talk about, especially considering no one's even defending it.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
ok that makes no sense. they can't port something that recently came out to a completely new system that aren't so sure if it will be as popular when the port is made.

another why always compare the west for final mixes? final mixes unfortunately are japan only

And why not, capcom does it like every other month

and everyone knows the 3DS is going to be crazy popular

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
that would be great because i heard there will be graphics boost and an analog stick on the 3DS.

Yeah...there would be if it was on the 3DS...but that would just be a punch in the face to Sony and I don't think it would happen in the first place...I could see them porting it too a console in the future more then the 3DS.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Yeah...there would be if it was on the 3DS...but that would just be a punch in the face to Sony and I don't think it would happen in the first place...I could see them porting it too a console in the future more then the 3DS.

Don't see why sony comes into the equation. A port could happen if SE wants more money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back