• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom hearts anime?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
Wasn't there an anime pitch rumored a few years back? I could be just as easily mixing it up with a manga though. An anime could be pretty cool. I think I'd want it to be a new cast and story though, since there's been enough telling of the same story through different mediums as it is.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wasn't there an anime pitch rumored a few years back? I could be just as easily mixing it up with a manga though. An anime could be pretty cool. I think I'd want it to be a new cast and story though, since there's been enough telling of the same story through different mediums as it is.

I think a KINGDOM HEARTS Anime would work the same as the original, and the Golden Anime version of Persona 4: they're akin to the video game, but have its small differences.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm 100% for a KH anime, but honestly, unless it's following the manga's take on the story, I'd actually prefer for it to be like a "reset" of sorts to the series and feature an original story (kind of like an "alternate universe" or like how every few years Spider-Man gets rebooted and sent back to high school). I love the original story, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new story, especially if it's from new eyes (aka none of the game writing staff). I wouldn't even mind seeing Amano do a potential original storyline for the anime.

Wasn't there an anime pitch rumored a few years back?

Is this what you're talking about?

The Kingdom Hearts Animated Series That Never Was - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm 100% for a KH anime, but honestly, unless it's following the manga's take on the story, I'd actually prefer for it to be like a "reset" of sorts to the series and feature an original story (kind of like an "alternate universe" or like how every few years Spider-Man gets rebooted and sent back to high school). I love the original story, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new story, especially if it's from new eyes (aka none of the game writing staff). I wouldn't even mind seeing Amano do a potential original storyline for the anime.

Is this what you're talking about?

The Kingdom Hearts Animated Series That Never Was - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

lol @ the article's title xD

So technically, we can assume Disney wanted to milk the hell out of KH?

Lonbilly

Awards
lol @ the article's title xD

So technically, we can assume Disney wanted to milk the hell out of KH?

Essentially. This and KH V-Cast were proof enough of that, and both would be a lesson to Disney to never do anything KH-related without SE ever again.

Lonbilly

Awards
Wait... what's KH V-cast?? :confused:

KH V Cast was essentially Disney making a game for the Verizon V Cast phone, without Square's involvement, because... well, I don't actually know if anyone knows why (I guess for money?). It featured some weird non-canon plot taking place in KH1, where Sora somehow gets stranded on an island, by himself, because Maleficent... likes to stir pots?

[video=youtube;SjhOvtmsHwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjhOvtmsHwk[/video]

Aleena

KH V Cast was essentially Disney making a game for the Verizon V Cast phone, without Square's involvement, because... well, I don't actually know if anyone knows why (I guess for money?). It featured some weird non-canon plot taking place in KH1, where Sora somehow gets stranded on an island, by himself, because Maleficent... likes to stir pots?

[video=youtube;SjhOvtmsHwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjhOvtmsHwk[/video]
Woah, okay that does look really bad.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think 358/2 Days would have been better as a TV show than a video tbh.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think 358/2 Days would have been better as a TV show than a video tbh.
On this week's episode of "kingdom hearts: Three five eight days over two!", roxas, axel and xion eat ice cream! Again!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
On this week's episode of "kingdom hearts: Three five eight days over two!", roxas, axel and xion eat ice cream! Again!

If they just adapted the Manga then it would be an easily amazing Anime that can be completed within like 30 episodes. The manga also adds a lot in so there's less scenes featuring ice cream.

Awards
Okay, a KINGDOM HEARTS Anime would rock, but would it be centered on the plot the games established, or something entirely new?

Birth By Sleep Volume 2 0,0
I'd rather play it though. I think an anime covering the overall series would be great though. Especially if it goes through all of the games.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It would have been pretty interesting to have aired Days as an Anime. It wouldn't only be episodes of Axel, Roxas, and Xion, but also some filler episodes where we can see how every member of the Organization interacts with one another.

Birth By Sleep Volume 2 0,0
I'd rather play it though. I think an anime covering the overall series would be great though. Especially if it goes through all of the games.
A BbSv2 anime would be boring, and short. The only thing attractive of BbSv2 is that we could explore the rest of the Realm of Darkness (which I presume has the same structure as what we saw in the Secret Episode), and how darkness destroyed the worlds it consumed.

Aleena

It would have been pretty interesting to have aired Days as an Anime. It wouldn't only be episodes of Axel, Roxas, and Xion, but also some filler episodes where we can see how every member of the Organization interacts with one another.
I love that idea woah.
But yeah, as I said Days should follow the manga so its not just an anime about people eating ice cream.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Honestly, I feel a series based on the games/manga would just be a retread. I'd prefer some sort of anthology. Some nice shorts that add to the series by going more into some characters. Like Lea and Isa's lives in Radiant Garden or Kairi's life during the year everyone forgot about Sora. Stuff like that.

Anagram

Banned
Honestly, I feel a series based on the games/manga would just be a retread. I'd prefer some sort of anthology. Some nice shorts that add to the series by going more into some characters. Like Lea and Isa's lives in Radiant Garden or Kairi's life during the year everyone forgot about Sora. Stuff like that.

I'd rather have those things in a rewritten story that's actually written well. I can watch disney shorts any time on disneyXD.

Kaijuguy19

I would like to see that as well. I'd rather go for an anime series that focuses on a specific time,or character from the KH lore or something new entirely that takes place in the universe since I think retelling the current story wouldn't do much good even if the rewrites are better then the official games stories. The Manga already has the rewriting covered anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back