• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: A Summer That'll Never be Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphex

.Inspire.
I'm so sorry for the long delay! I had a HUGE case of writer's block and nonetheless, I had a lot to do due to school work. But finally I bring you the seventh chapter! Enjoy!

Chapter Seven: The Gauntlet

Derrick began to back away slowly, still staring up at the large behemoth that looked down upon him. He continued to take a few steps, only to stop when nearly falling over the edge. Looking over his shoulder, the boy could see that if he were to fall, he would just end up plunging into the the dark abyss like before. Obviously that is something he didn't want to repeat itself. There was a stalemate; the two simply staring at one another but that was until -

"Shit!" the goggle-head ended up yelling out loud, rolling out of the way of an oncoming fist. The fist missed and shattered a portion of the edge but luckily, the boy was still safe.

Derrick had no idea how to pursue the Darkside! The thing was gigantic compared to his size so how on Earth was he supposed to attack it? Before the could ever get more time to ponder about his next move, things started to grow worse.

What appeared to be an orb forming within the heart-shaped hole of the Darkside could be seen at that moment. The orb itself slowly grew to the point where it fully enveloped the hole. Suddenly, the orb burst and released dozens of black energy orbs that reigned from the sky. What made it even more worse was the fact that they could home in on where Derrick was standing!

Forced to stay on the defensive, the boy tried his best to evade every single orb that followed. All though he managed to dodge the majority of them, he ended up losing his balance struck his back. Stumbling, he continue to run only to have yet another orb hit his back followed by another. Now falling over onto his stomach, Derrick tried to stand up but as he lifted up his head, he received a uppercut that launched his several feet away. The force was so strong that it even sent him flying out of the platform!

Before the boy could go any farther, the Darkside extended out its arm and grabbed him, now pulling him back. It still had its grip around Derrick's body, giving him a squeeze that crushed his entire body. The heartless continued to increase its grip which only made Derrick yell out in pain even more.

"I. . . I can't do this. . ." he muttered silently to himself, struggling to set himself free but to no avail. His vision began to blur due to the immense pain he was feeling at the moment.

"Derrick. . . ?"

There was a familiar voice that rang within the boy's mind. It sounded a lot like Alessandra for a second.

"Derrick. . . where are you. . . ?"

It was Alessandra! But for some reason, her voice sounded faint and weary. Could something have happened to her? Was she even okay?

"Alessandra?" Derrick questioned, wondering if she could even hear him. But before he could ever find out, he finally lost consciousness and fainted within the Darkside's grip. Seeing the boy's utter defeat, the Darkside simply let go and watched as the boy plummet to the floor.

A pool of blacks and purple opened up underneath where Derrick laid, streams of it rising up and entangling around his body. They began to pull him down into the pool until he was finally gone. However, all though he was practically out cold, Derrick was still able to hear the same disembodied voice from before.

"You are not yet ready. . . you still have a long journey ahead of you. . . there is still much to be learned. . . good luck. . . you're the only hope. . ."

Last edited:

Aphex

.Inspire.
Note: Sorry for the long awaited chapter! School has been hectic with work and stuff so I barely had time to finish up the new chapter. But alas! I come bearing the new chapter itself. Enjoy!

Chapter Eight: The Assignment

Two 'animals' walked down a long corridor in which the marble floor was covered in a long red carpet. One appeared to be a human like dog wearing a yellow/orange hat with a pair of goggles worn above it. It wore a pair of white gloves and donned a green long-sleeve shirt with a small black vest worn over it. It also wore pants(which its color matched its hat)but the sleeves were rolled up above its ankles while lastly, wearing a pair of brown shoes with silver toes, the dog's feet resembling clown's feet.

Beside him was a duck, shorter in height compared to the dog. Its feathers were a simple shade of white, its wide blue eyes could be seen from far away(not literally). The duck also wore a magician's hat which matched its magician's robe. The two walked down a seemingly endless corridor and towards what appeared to be a very large door.

"Gawrsh, what do you think the King wants to see us about?" asked the dog while looking down at the duck, who in return just gave a mere shrug of his shoulders.

"Beats me but it did seem pretty urgent. It could be about anything really." the duck replied as the two came to a stop once reaching the large door, knocking on it a few times which ended up opening a much smaller door instead. Entering the King's Throne Room, the two approached the throne after walking down an outstretched red carpet that led to it. Upon their arrival, they both knelt down in front of the throne and what looked like. . . an over-sized mouse.

"We came here as soon as possible, King Mickey." The duck was the first to speak as they awaited for what their King had to say.

"Donald, Goofy. . . what I'm about to tell you is something very important," The mouse, now turning out to be none other than Mickey himself stood in front of two with his hands behind his back. A much serious expression was etched on his face and his two loyal warriors could see that whatever it was, it shouldn't be taken lightly. "Last night a star had gone out which only means that a world had been destroyed by the Heartless. And that also means -"

"That the Keyblade wielder had been chosen!" said Goofy who quickly stood up out of shock.

With a nod, Mickey continued on with what he had to say. "That's where you two come in. I need the two of you to go on search for the wielder before they fall into the wrong hands. If that Key ends up on the wrong side then who knows what may happen."

"You can count on us, your majesty." said Donald as he stood up. "Goofy and I won't let you down."

Mickey just gave a faint smile, nodding as a response. "I know you won't. Now go, there's no time to waste. There's a Gummi-ship waiting for you in the Gummi Hangar. Good luck and be safe."

Donald and Goofy both saluted before turning around and proceeded down towards the exit of the Throne Room. Mickey simply watched, letting out a sigh and he sat down on his throne. There were many worries that plagued his mind but he knew that he had to push these thoughts aside in order to focus on their main objective. Though, there was still one question that was left unanswered. . . where was the Keyblade wielder in the first place?

-----------------------------------------------

"So, you heard about the new runt running around with an over-sized key?"

There, leaning up against the wall was an enigma wearing what was a cross between a trench coat and cloak, its hood worn over its head in order to hide its facial features. Though, its red bangs still hung over its face which concealed it even more. Its cloak, however, was left open which revealed a black sleeveless shirt as well as a pair of black jeans with a sheath for a katana worn at the left hip. Their gloved hand fiddled around with the hilt of the katana as another figure stood in front of the hooded being.

The other figure also wore a cloak, its hood also casting a shadow over its face. Though, it tossed a knife up and down its gloved hand. "Yep. I heard Wrath managed to find him and ended up destroying their world in the process." the enigma replied, now looking up at the everlasting night sky that loomed over the many skyscrapers of the World That Never Was.

"I'm guessing you already have a good sense of the punk's location, eh?" asked the katana wielding figure as the other just gave a sly grin underneath their hood.

"Of course I do," Walking past his ally, the figure continued to toss its knife up into the air. "A world where everyone ends up after losing their home," Coming to a complete stop, the enigma ended up turning around in order to face his comrade and from their, only two words came out their mouth.

"Traverse Town."

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Woo hoo, you're back and updating!!! Seriously, I totally forgot about this story, but I'm glad to see you back and updating Aphex. So, now we have Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, and a group of mysterious figures that I assume are nobodies because they are stationed in the World That Never Was in this story. I really want to know more about the mysterious figures, they are just so mysterious. I got a question, is Sora in this story or is this a totally different take on the story of Kingdom Hearts? Just thought I ask. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Aphex

.Inspire.
No, Sora is not involved in this story at all. This is my character, Derrick's own adventure. Sora and co.(Kairi and Riku) don't exist in the universe the story takes place in.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Chapter Nine: A New World

Derrick, now plunging deeper into the darkness, was now completely shrouded by a midnight bliss. There were several claws that dragged him deeper into the pitch black abyss, seeming as if they wanted their "guest" to stay. However, the boy ended up feeling a hand grasp onto his, emitting a blinding light.

"Don't worry. . . I'm here for you." A voice said, ironically enough it sounded a lot like Alessandra again. The light engulfed the boy's surroundings, the darkness succumbing to it as it evaporated. There, there was nothing.

His eyes opened slowly, his vision now blurred. Derrick couldn't hear nothing but a distinctive ring as if an explosive had gone off near him. He now laid face first on what felt like concrete, feeling the cobblestones implanted in it. As his vision finally cleared up and the ring faded out, the goggle-headed teen managed to get up onto his own two feet. Now examining the area around him, he could see that he was no longer in Twilight Town. The everlasting night sky loomed over the Second District, though despite the Hotel and various shops, there wasn't even a single person in sight! It was literally a ghost town!

Suddenly, a black cesspool opened up in front of Derrick, claws rising up from within it as the same shadow-like creatures began to pull themselves from its depths. The pool disappeared, leaving behind five Shadow Heartless' which only made the boy hesitate upon laying his eyes on them. Frantically, he searched for the Keyblade that he had earlier and found it lying on the floor beside him, picking it up quickly as he readied himself for the oncoming attack. One of the Shadows lunged towards his direction only to be swiped off to the side by the Keyblade, now being reduced to nothing but a puff of smoke. The others backed away slightly, almost as if they were all afraid of the weapon he held in his hands. Instead of attacking one by one, the Shadows all pounced towards Derrick all at once but were suddenly killed by a hail of gunfire.

"Gah!" shouted the boy as he staggered back, a girl now landing just a few inches away from him but with her back facing him. Judging by her Gothic Lolita style, Derrick could already tell that this girl wasn't Alessandra at all.

The girl had light brown hair in which it was curly, reaching just past her shoulders a bit as she too had a blonde streak at the left part of her bangs. Her eyes were unique in a way, her left pupil being green while the right being blue; the colors bringing out her pale complexion. Around her neck was a choker, having studs circling it as she also wore a black longsleeve shirt. There were tears where the shoulders were, the girl donning a pair of black arm warmers that reached up to her elbows. Around her waist was a leather belt, having a silver skull belt buckle keeping it from falling. Lastly, she wore black leggings that stopped at her ankles, wearing a black steel-toed boots. Ironically enough, she appeared to be around the age of fifteen.

"Ha! Take that you pesky little bastards!" she exclaimed, pointing what appeared to be a tonfa towards where the Shadows use to be. She had another tonfa as well, placing both of them back into their holsters which rested on her belt. Turning around, she approached Derrick and seemed to be a bit hyperactive.

"Hi! The name's Vitani and I'm guessing you're world was destroyed too!" Not the best thing to say when greeting someone, but apparently this girl Vitani was more upbeat despite the situation.

"Wait, my world was destroyed?" Derrick asked, not wanting to believe such a thing like this.

"Duh! That's how everyone else ends up here in Traverse Town." Vitani could see that she was only confusing Derrick rather than helping, placing her index finger onto her chin. "Don't you know that at all?"

Ignoring that last question, Derrick wanted to know whether or not that there were more worlds out there. "Are there really more worlds?"

"Of course there is," A voice echoed within the district, catching both of the teenager's attentions. "It's just the matter of searching for them, that's all." A throwing knife stuck into the concrete, landing right next to the boy's foot as a way of giving the disembodied voice's location. When glancing up towards the Hotel, he could see two cloaked figures standing on top of it.

"You're the one who destroyed Twilight Town!" shouted the goggle-head as he gritted his teeth, thinking that this person was none other than Wrath. However, he was wrong when it came to that conclusion.

"Wrong! I'm not Wrath, you idiot. The name's Caledur, plus, he really do anything to that place anyway. The Heartless did." said the figure as he took out another throwing knife from his sash that hid inside his cloak. "Care to explain, Kaitou?"

The katana-wielding figure, now known as Kaitou, just nodded before going on with his explanation. "The Heartless feast upon the hearts of the innocent. . . and they will keep coming especially for you." Lifting up his right hand, he pointed at the Keyblade held in Derrick's hand. "The reason why you possess such a strong weapon like that is because you hold a strong heart which will only attract the Heartless."

Taken back, Derrick just retorted, "But I didn't even ask to have this stupid thing in the first place!"

"Well, if you want to know how to get rid of that thing then you should come with us. We can actually help you, that is, if you even trust us enough." Caledur offered, waiting for the boy's response.

Derrick just remained silent, unsure about the offer now. But after a few seconds, he already made up his mind. Scoffing, he ended up responding, "You can forget it! You honestly think that I'm going to listen to you guys?"

Caledur couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head as he put away his throwing knife. "Fine, suit yourself but you should reconsider your answer if you truly want all of this to end." he said, summoning a portal behind the two for them to make their exit. "I assume we'll meet with each other real soon." warned the enigma as both he and Kaitou stepped into the portal, disappearing as it closed upon their entrance.

Silence had fallen over the two teenagers, Vitani being the one to break that silence.

"Um. . . there's more that he forgot to mention." Apparently, this girl seem to know about this Keyblade too. "I can explain what he left out some more but first, we should get to a much safer place, um. . . what's your name again?"

"It's Derrick."

"Right. . . look, the Heartless never show up in the First District. Let's start heading over there before they decide to show up again." she added, leading the way towards a large wooden door in which the First District lied beyond it.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Awesome chapters! :D I'm definitely curious to find out what happens to Derrick. (and how donald and goofy come in...) The Organization members are neat, too, especially from what's going on at the end of the last chapter. I can't wait to see more of them!

Aphex

.Inspire.
After a view months of writer's block, I'm finally finished with the new chapter! I'm so sorry about the long wait and I hope some of the readers are still interested in the fan-fiction. Here ya go!

Chapter 10: The Encounters

A group of cloaked figures sat on seats that were popping out from the walls, the ceiling of the large white room seeming to be endless. They all sat in rows, each seat being higher than the other which signified each of their ranks. Within the middle of this was both Caledur and Kaitou who were both looked down upon the other members. Kaitou ended up ripping the sleeves off of his cloak, his partner cocking a brow as he simply shrugged.

"What? They were bugging me," he ended up telling him before glancing up at the rest of their organization.

"So, what do you have to report?" the highest member asked as he leaned forward in his seat, waiting for either one of them to give them the news.

"Why yes, indeed we have!" Caledur became the one to speak for the two, knowing that Kaitou wasn't much of a talker anyway. "Ya see, we found the Keybearer in Traverse Town after Wrath had destroyed Twilight Town. Apparently, he doesn't want to have the Keyblade in the first place though but I assure you, we have an idea on how we can have that weapon in our hands."

"Oh really? And what would that be?" A voice rang within the room, a portal opening up in front of both Caledur and Kaitou as Wrath ended up stepping out from it. He carried Brandon by the back of his shirt collar, tossing him in front of the two before continuing. "I brought a close friend of the Keybearer, he could be of some use to us."

Caledur just smirked, applauding the Nobody along with a chuckle. "How things just seem to get better! Our idea was actually finding the kid's 'girlfriend' which would draw him towards our side."

"Enough!" The leader which was the member sitting at the top of the highest seat lifted up his gloved hand. "You three all brought something that would help us but don't get carried away here. Just because we have such useful things at our disposal doesn't mean it's fully planned out yet." His gaze that was hidden underneath his cloak glanced at every single one of the members as he continued to speak. "I want everyone of you to keep an eye on the boy for now just to see where he's heading to. Not only that, find the one named Alessandra and bring her here. She's also a great importance to our plan. . ."

His gaze now focusing on Wrath, he ended up pointing down at the unconscious Brandon that laid on the floor. "I believe you already know what to do with him, yes?"

A mere nod was all the Nobody gave, picking up the unconscious teen and tossed him inside another portal that he formed. "Of course I do. Just wait, you'll see how it goes soon. . ."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Entering a small shop that lied within the First District, Vitani closed the door behind her. She looked out the window as well just to make sure if there were any Heartless running around considering she didn't want to be wrong by what she told Derrick earlier. Luckily enough, there weren't and she ended up letting out a sigh of relief before shifting her attention over to the boy.

"Still wondering about that Keyblade, huh?" she ended up asking, scratching her temple.

"Obviously - but you did say there was more to this thing, right?" Derrick asked, lifting up his weapon as Vitani simply leaned up against the wall.

"Yup. The Heartless may be attracted to you but they're also afraid of it as well. You see. . . that weapon is something special, y'know? A good friend of mine, his name is Leon, before he left for Hollow Bastion he told me about the gifts the Keyblade possesses. Not only can it defeat the Heartless, it can also seal the 'Keyholes' of any world out there." Vitani walked over to the goggle-head, flicking the tip of the blade with her index finger. "So you should feel special that you carry it in the first place."

Derrick, now lowering his Keyblade, let out a sigh as he gazed down at it. "So. . . I'm guessing I have a huge responsibility, don't I?"

A sigh escaping his lips, a shrug rolled down the boy's shoulders as he had no other choice but to accept this fate of his; the fate of being the wielder of the Keyblade. There was no point in denying it anymore considering the topic would only come back. He also figured that maybe it would lead him back to his friends and even back home to Twilight Town.

A loud crash was heard, coming from outside of the shop the two were in. It grew silent for a few seconds until there was yet another crash. Both teenagers looked at one another before running outside, seeing the large gates that led to the Third Distict starting to shake.

"What's going on?" the goggle head ended up asking.

"The Heartless. . . they're trying to break through the door!" Vitani exclaimed, readying her tonfas and pointed them both at the door. It became eerily quiet, the door becoming rather steady until it burst open, a swarm of Shadows flooding into the First District. They were heading straight towards the two teenagers in packs, several bolts of what appeared to be lightning now striking the Heartless.

"Thunder!"

Confused, Derrick glanced around the district in order to find the source of the speaker. What he got in return was something even more bewildering! A duck and a dog running to his side, one wielding a staff and the other a shield. Obviously a life size duck and dog was something that he hadn't expect so he stood there after realizing one of them was responsible for the lightning bolts.

"What? Never seen a talking duck before?" Donald ended up asking.

"Well. . . no but -"

"Ah phooey! Be glad that we're here to help you out!" Donald replied, casting another spell. "Blizzard!" he shouted, shards of ice being released from the tip of his staff that ripped apart a batch of Shadows.

Cocking his head to the side, the goggle head gave another shrug, running into the battle with his Keyblade ready in his grasp. . .

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YOSH. D: Updaaaaate. That was a great chapter... and Kaitou is awesome, just because of his randomness. xD; I can't wait to see what happens next! :D (Go Derrick and Donald and Goofy!)

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Hooray, you're back and updating!!! I'm really glad you're back, Aphex; part of me thought you fell off the face of the earth for a time there. So, Donald and Goofy have finally met up with Derrick and Vitani. I really liked Derrick's reaction to Donald and Goofy; that was funny, but expected at the same time. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Yeah. . . sorry about the long wait. With work, parkour sessions, and summer school, it made it difficult to make time for the fic itself. Then when I would work on it, I ended up getting a huge case of writer's block. I'm just glad I finally managed to update it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back