• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: A Summer That'll Never be Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphex

.Inspire.
All right, this will make it my third fan-fic but this time the story takes place in the Kingdom Hearts universe. As anyone who have Rp'd with me in the past, Derrick Alvaro is usually my main character to use in any Kingdom Hearts Rp. But this time, I decided to write about a journey of his own. So, I present to all of you, the fan-fic!

Prologue:

Summer has finally arrived here at Twilight Town. School's out, the children now have the chance to do as they wish without a care in the world. New experiences are found during this time, one of which I happened to stumble upon myself. You see - this summer was something out of the ordinary. There were many things that occurred that I thought would never happen in my life. Embarking on a new journey, witnessing what was out there, meeting new companions along the way, and discovering hidden secrets. This is my story, this is how it all started, these are my experiences. This is a summer that I will never forget. . .

Chapter 1: The Wake-Up Call

"Hello, Derrick? Dude, wake up!"

These were practically the only words that the boy managed to hear, awakening him from his deep slumber. Tossing and turning in bed while wrapping himself within his bed covers, Derrick buried his face within the pillow and refused to get up from bed. Apparently this had annoyed his friend, Brandon, who then slipped the pillow from underneath Derrick's head and began to hit his body repeatedly with it. A nuisance he would say but nonetheless it got the job done. Letting out a small moan the boy finally decided to lift his head up but just slightly enough to see Allan hovering over him.

Brandon and Derrick were the same age, the two both being sixteen. He stood at about 5"9 and had quite of an atheletic build to his physique for someone his age. Brandon's hair was somewhat long, his dirty blonde hair reaching up to his shoulders and caused him to push his hair off to the sides every now and then so that his set of aqua blue pupils could see. He donned his traditional white t-shirt with a V-collar along with a pair of black cargo shorts. A black bandana with various crossbones hung from the boy's neck, only worn for show while he also had a arm-band wrapped around his right bicep which it too had an image of a crossbone. Lastly, Brandon had on a pair of black and white sneakers, the soles being gray while they had the letters 'DC' written on the sides.

With a sly grin etched on his face, Brandon tossed the pillow aside after the wake up call. "Come on," he said while pulling the bed sheets off of Derrick and tossed it aside as well. "Hurry up and get dressed. Alessandra's waiting for us by the Sandlot. Today's the last day for the Struggle Tournament sign-ups and today's the only chance we got left for entering!" Afterwards, the boy simply wandered over to the doorway and out of Derrick's bedroom so that he could get dressed and whatnot.

"I really gotta put a lock on that door. . ." Derrick swung his legs around over the edge of his mattress, scratching the back of his head and let out a small yawn. Letting out a sigh, he finally stood up lazily and managed to drag himself towards the bathroom, preparing himself for the day ahead.

After about a half hour or so, Derrick finally emerged from his home and thus met up with Brandon who had been waiting outside this entire time. The two were about the same in height except Derrick stood at 5"8. His jet black hair had been styled in a way where his hair was spiked in all different directions, in his case, called messy spikes. A pair of goggles with gray rims around the lenses was worn right above his forehead, never actually being placed over the boy's hazel eyes. As for his attire, Derrick had on a black sleeveless hoodie and a white t-shirt worn underneath it. As for his lower half, the boy had on a pair of dark blue denim shorts and finally, wearing his infamous pair of classic hi-tops Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars.

A yawn managed to escape from Derrick's mouth as he once again, scratched the back of his head. He stood there as if he did not want to go on with the whole tournament idea due to the fact he was so damn tired.

"The heck's wrong with you?" Brandon happened to ask after seeing his friend's condition.

"It's nothing. . . just tired, that's all. I couldn't even get any sleep last night." Derick replied, letting out another yawn as he rubbed his left eye.

"And why's that?" Brandon questioned once again.

"Because of these weird dreams that I've been having lately." he added, the two teenagers now heading down the ramp that led to the Market area of Twilight Town.

"Dreams? What were they mostly about?"

"Dude, I really don't know. There was too much going on to even describe it. All I know is that I'm too damn tired right now. . ."

"Tired, eh? Well, I got the one solution that will wake you up for good." and with that said, Brandon wrapped his right arm around Derrick's neck, getting him into a headlock and rubbed his index knuckle into the top of his scalp, laughing while doing so.

"Okay, okay!" shouted Derrick who had managed to free himself from Brandon's grasp, rubbing the top of his head before shooting a glare at his friend. "Does every solution of yours have to be so violent?" he asked rhetorically.

"Yep," Brandon replied bluntly, sprinting off towards the flight of concrete stairs that led down to the Sandlot. "No time to waste, remember or do you want to keep poor ol' Alessandra waiting?" he said in a joking manner. This had left Derrick to stay behind for a few seconds, his cheeks having a slight tint of red to them after hearing his remark. Without attempting to say even a comeback, all the boy could really do was run after his friend over to the Sandlot where the sign-ups were waiting. . .

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sounds interesting so far! I can't really think of any sort of criticism [yes, i'm terrible. D:], but I'll definitely be looking forwards to more chapters of this.

The only criticism I can seriously think of is maybe try to make it stray away from KH more? Like become a bit more original. But this is the first chapter, so I can't really say anything for sure yet. ^^;

Can't wait to read more!

Aphex

.Inspire.
Thanks for the feedback, Rena. I know, it may seem too much like KH by reading the first chapter but for the next one, it won't be. It's in the same universe, yes, but just with an entire new cast rather than the original. I'm still going to make the Final Fantasy characters play their roles but I may add a few more characters while the fic progresses.

There's a lot of things that I want to incorporate into this fan-fic which is the main reason why I'm so motivated to continue with it.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Thanks again for the feedback, I'm currently working on Chapter 2 at the moment. Though, it might be a little delay considering I'm going to be busy but I'll try to put it up as fast as possible before I leave to go camping.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Don't worry, if you can put it up whenever, that's fine. :D I'm writing a fanfic myself and it might get delayed too! Anyway, patiently awaiting chapter two! :D

Aphex

.Inspire.
Chapter 2: The Dreams

A girl, who also happened to be sixteen years of age, stood in front of a chalkboard with her arms crossed. She appeared to be pouting while awaiting for her two friends to arrive, standing at about 5"6. Her long black hair was a mixture of two styles, both wavy and straightened and it stopped just at the half-way point of her spine. Her bangs was combed over to the side, covering only the left side of her face while her pair of emerald green eyes peeked out from every strains of hair. The girl had more of a tanned complexion to her skin which brought out her pinkish lips. She donned a purple t-shirt with various swirls all over it as well a the "Peace" isignia on the front, also sporting a black vest worn over it. For the girl's midsection, she had on a pair of black skinny jeans except these stopped just at her ankles, lastly wearing a pair of brown hi-top Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars. This, folks, happened to be none other than Alessandra herself.

Alessandra turned around, catching a glimpse of both Brandon and Derrick approaching from the distance. Unimpressed considering this wasn't the first time the two were late, she decided to waltz over to them instead. "The usual?" was all she asked, Brandon nodding as a response when reaching her.

"This one here overslept again and as always, it's the dreams that kept him up again." said Brandon while Derrick finally caught up.

"Hmm. . . so I see." Alessandra walked over to her friend who had lack of sleep from the night before, examining him and saw that he was still tired. "I think I got the solution right here." And with that said, she clenched her right hand into a fist and struck the boy upside his temple which caused him to grasp onto his head.

"Oh for Christ sakes!" shouted Derrick who rubbed the side of his head. "Why the heck is everyone hitting me lately?!"

"'Cause it's fun." the girl replied with a giggle, turning around and walked over to the chalkboard with various names on it. Brandon followed, laughing at the fact that Derrick was practically a punching bag to everyone. Letting out a sigh Derrick simply followed as well, seeing that there were still enough spots available which meant that the three were able to all join in together. After about a half hour or so, the three left the Sandlot after registering their names for the tournament. Silence had befallen among the group as they entered the Marketplace of Twilight Town, Alessandra being the one to break the silence.

"So, Derrick. You never did talk about the dreams you've been supposedly having lately." she said as they all walked up to the Sea-Salt Ice Cream Parlor.

"Probably they were about you." Brandon happened to blurt out at that very moment, causing Derrick to blush uncontrollably.

"Oh, will you shut up about that? That joke is really starting -" Was all the girl managed to get out before being interrupted.

"Well. . . as much as this may sound weird but. . . Brandon's right. You were in it and so was he."said Derrick, the three getting a Sea-Salt ice cream for each of them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You were having a dream about me? I'm sorry but I don't go that way, man." Brandon cocked an eyebrow at his friend, taking a few steps away from him upon hearing this.

"Not like that you idiot! I meant, there were these pictures of all of us engraved on a floor. I was just there above it on a platform and I was just surrounded by nothing but pitch black. There was this voice that spoke to me, I really can't remember what it said but I know it mentioned something about all of our lives changing. . ." the boy explained, the three heading over to a crack in the wall which led to a hangout of theirs. "I'll explain the rest in here." said Derrick as each of them slip into the crack and found their usual "inner circle" within the forest itself.

"As I was saying. . . I really have no idea where I was. I had no where to go and was completely alone. Then, this large black giant just rose up from the side of the platform. I really couldn't get a good look at it because it blended in with the darkness but every time it shows up, that's when I wake up." Both Brandon and Alessandra simply looked at one another before turning their attention back to their friend.

"But it was just a dream, Derrick. You shouldn't let something like this bother you so much." Alessandra said out of comfort, placing her hand upon the boy's right shoulder. "They're not real, just remember that." she added with a faint smile, the boy getting lost within her emeralds in which were her eyes. He blushed at that moment when realizing that he was staring right into her eyes, looking away so she wouldn't have noticed.

Calming down, Derrick shrugged before letting out a sigh. "As weird as this may sound. . . they felt real."

"Well, in that case, whatever these things are we'll keep them away from you. Promise." Alessandra smiled once again which oddly enough, calmed the boy down easily. He didn't really mind about Brandon helping but was more focused on Alessandra. Just something about her had smitten the boy to the point where he can't even explain why he was attracted to her so much. Derrick always figured that maybe in time, he would end up finding out the reasons why but until then, he had to stay low about his emotions.

Returning the smile all though knowing that his friends didn't think the dream would come true, Derrick nodded in agreement. "Thanks. . . I'll keep that in mind." Standing up straight after sitting himself upon a log, the goggle-head teen stretched while having the sea-salt ice cream in his mouth. "So, seeing how we have another week before the tournament, how about spend this day at the beach before we get to training?" he suggested, wanting to get his mind off the dreams so his friends, mostly Alessandra, would not worry.

"Not a bad idea. I could always go for a cool down." Brandon replied. "We could all pitch in whatever Munny we got for some tickets."

"Yeah, that's a great idea." Alessandra added on with, she too now standing up straight. Both she and Brandon began to head for the crack in the wall but she noticed that Derrick stayed behind again. "Derrick? Aren't you coming?"

The boy looked over his shoulder as he could of swore he saw something hiding behind a few trees. He quickly snapped out of it when hearing his friend's voice, shaking his head before glancing over at her. "Huh? Oh! Yeah, sorry about that. Just day-dreaming here, that's all." he said as he followed and caught up with the two. Now that the forest was empty, a shadow-like creature peeked its head out from behind the trees again, almost as if it were watching the group of teens this entire time before disappearing without a trace. . .

Last edited:

Danica Syer

Hey liking the second chapter so far, though I was wondering about this part:
mostly Alessandra, would worry.
Is it would not worry? Otherwise, it's great and I like how Derrick's friends are cool but Brandon needs to stop getting on Derrick's nerve, imo. lol. XD

Aphex

.Inspire.
Thanks for pointing that out, Snow. I fixed that little error just now, lol, but I come with the new chapter. Though, I feel it seems short but I'm going to post it anyway. Enjoy!

Chapter 3: The Newcomer

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this years annual Struggle Tournament!"​

Everyone had gathered around the Sandlot, their voices cheering and roaring when it came to the beginning of the tournament.

"My, take a look at the participants we have here! It's not surprise that Seifer and his gang, Rai and Fuu, had joined. Will one of these three be able to take on the reigning champ, Setzer Gabbiani?" said the announcement, the crowd's cheers becoming louder upon hearing the champion's name. Actually, it was more like the women who cheered louder considering Setzer appeared to be a "ladies" man. "Oh-ho-ho! Let's just hope these cheers doesn't get to the participants!" the announcer added, the joke seeming to get to Seifer.

"And over here we have a new group of youngsters joining in on the fray! Everyone, put your hands together for Brandon, Derrick, and Alessandra!"

The three each stood there with a practice staff in hand, waving to the crowd--- Brandon appearing to be soaking in on his spotlight at the moment. Derrick on the other hand noticed another person within the area aside from Seifer and his clique. The person stood far off to the side away from everyone else but too had a practice staff. However, he couldn't get a good look at any of its facial features due to the hood being worn over its head.

"Lastly - well, even I don't know who this is - but give a warm welcome to, Wrath!" the announcer introduced, apparently the person being this Wrath fellow.

Wrath had jet black with various streaks of white/silver, mostly having them in the front of his bangs. His attire consisted of a black undershirt that is worn underneath a gray cloak, the point where the sleeves are connected were torn so that they hung loosely around his arms. His cloak had a number of brown straps, six on the stomach area where they are supposed to connect; which Wrath left it so that they weren't, and two on his shoulders.

He also wore a pair of brown leather gauntlets in which the fingers were cut off. They too, also had brown straps but these were black, each gauntlet having five zig-zagging around the wrist part of it. Lastly, Wrath wore black baggy jeans, wearing a three-row studded belt in order to keep it from falling while donning a pair of black combat boots to match with the entire appearance. This hasn't been mention before but his eyes are also a set of deep red pupils but his face is unable to be seen thanks to his hood worn over it.

"Say. . . Alessandra, have you even seen this guy before? I sure haven't." Derrick asked his friend, noticing the newcomer keeping a "watchful" on him rather than the rest of the fighters.

"Nope. I'm guessing he's new here." she replied, twirling around her practice staff while waiting for the first round to be announced. "But I wonder who's going to be the first two fighters."She turned to the boy and gave him a sly grin along with a wink. "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm not going to weak. Just be prepared if we're pitted against one another, okay?"

"Round one we have Rai versus the newcomer, Wrath! Will both participants please enter the ring."

"Hm. Looks like we get to see this guy in action." Brandon commented while taking a seat on the bench, waiting for the match to start so he can examine the way this guy fights.

"All right. I know you already heard this before but I'm only repeating this for the new fella. The rules are simple. You win either by having the most colored balls within the two-minute time limit or if you managed to knock the opponent out of the ring. You got that, Wrath?" explained the tournament's referee and host as Wrath simply nodded in response. "On that note, let the match begin!" and with that the host ran off to the side and out the ring.

"You made a big mistake joining, y'know?" taunted Seifer's right-hand man. "There's no way you can take on me and the rest of us, y'know? So make it easy on yourself and back down now." Rai demanded as Wrath stood there, ignoring his demands. "Fine. Your funeral." Lifting up his practice staff, Rai swung towards the newcomer's abdomen area, thinking that this would be an easy victory. But boy, was he wrong, dead wrong. Wrath took a casual side-step, dodging the oncoming attack and viciously performed a backslash to Rai's spine. The force was so strong that it literally launched Seifer's goon out of the ring and towards Brandon. Quickly, he got up and ran away from the bench as Rai came crashing through it flat on his back, now immobile.

The crowd grew silent, Wrath walking out of the ring after claiming the round as a victory.

"Wow. . . if my eyes are deceiving me or the match is already over. . ." the announcer said out of amazement, witnessing the quickest ring-out ever. "But. . . we have ourselves a winner! Give it up for, Wrath!"

Derrick and the gang jaws were completely dropped after seeing the new guy in action. "Um guys," Derrick managed to say, gulping aftewards. "I think we have ourselves a problem here."

"Indeed we do . . ." both Brandon and Alessandra said in unison.

Last edited:

Danica Syer

Oh my, Wrath is like a new challenge then? Hahahha...Rai got knocked out! So funny! Good job, another chapter well done. Love the clothing description as always...though it helped me realize I need to study more fashion and such. But yeah, can't wait to see what this Wrath guy has more in store. :D Yay!

Aphex

.Inspire.
All right, I know I skipped most of the fights but I didn't want to drag on with them and make the story dull and boring. But either way, I come with Chapter Four! Hope you enjoy!

Chapter Four: The Confrontation

The practice staff had fallen to the ring's floor, Brandon dropping down on both knees and hands as he began to pant heavily. His body ached, his muscles were alreadys sore after taking a few yet fierce blows by Wrath. He couldn't even lay at least one hit on the guy! He was just too hard to compete against!

Wrath approached Brandon slowly, watching as the boy struggled to stand on his own two feet again. Upon doing so, he saw that he lifted his practice staff up from the ground and attempted to ready himself into a defensive position. But with no strength left in him, the staff couldn't even be held up properly as the newcomer placed his head upon his forehead. With one single push, Brandon fell flat on his back and now laid motionless on the ground. Once again, Wrath was the victor.

"Brandon!" shouted Alessandra, both her and Derrick running into the ring and dragged their injured friend out to the sidelines.

"Amazing folks! Just amazing! His first time entering and already Wrath managed to take out practically all of the competitors! Now let's see if -" was all the announcer could say before being cut off by the mysterious fighter.

"You." Wrath suddenly spoke with a slight British accent, pointing the practice staff over at Derrick's direction.

"Me?"

Nodding, the hooded newcomer motioned for the boy to step into the ring, which surprisingly enough he had done so.

"Well. . . it seems like Wrath chose his opponent once again. So now it's Derrick versus Wrath. The best of luck to the boy, he's going to need it!" the announcer said, the crowd cheering growing much louder now, all in favor for Wrath.

"Finally we meet. I've been expecting to see you, young Keybearer." said Wrath, letting out a chuckle along with a sly grin.

"Expecting me? Wait, so you were waiting to meet -" Derrick paused. What was he just called? Why did that specific term sound so familiar to him? The boy began to ponder about the name, "Keybearer", and the only time he recall ever hearing that was only in his. . . . dreams? No, it can't be. Unless, somehow, this man, Wrath had something to do with or is somehow involved with these dreams that he's been having lately.

"Surprised?" questioned the hooded man who lifted up his practice staff, looking as if he had been waiting for this day to come. "Now then. Enough with the chitter-chatter. Let us proceed with our battle, yes?" Then, literally within a blink of an eye, Wrath dashed at incredible speeds towards Derrick and swung his staff in an upward motion. Luckily enough the boy managed to guard against the oncoming attack which forced the two in a deadlock, Wrath obviously winning as he began to push his opponent back towards the ledge of the ring. "Come on! Show me what you can do, Keybearer!"

Grinding his teeth, Derrick found this inner strength which helped him big time to push him back before he could be knocked out of the ring itself. "Stop calling me that!" the goggle-head exclaimed while doing so, gripping the hilt of his practice staff tightly. "I'm not a Keybearer! Why do you keep calling me that?!"

But alas, Wrath simply grinned underneath his hood awhile lowering his staff. Ignoring the boy's questions, he held out the staff in front of him and broke it in two with ease before tossing the remains aside.

"Enough playing around now. It's time to do what I was sent here for." With a snap of his finger, pools of black mixed in with various shades of purples began to spawn all about the Sandlot area. Then, what appeared to be a bunch of shadow-like beings, started to form and rise up from the many pools. Their beady, golden, glowing eyes could practically be seen after Twilight Town's sunset skies had now turned into a midnight bliss. An orb formed within Wrath's left hand, taking shape into a large broadsword. The broadsword itself had a black color scheme with a dark red outlining the edges of the blade all the way down to the hilt. But this was meant to be held with two hands but the hooded newcomer could somehow wield it with only one hand! "I've been ordered to get rid of the Keybearer before he gets in the way of everything and that's what I'm going to do!"

Wrath charged towards Derrick once again, swinging the broadsword towards his direction horizontally. Instead of running away or dodge, the boy stood his ground and swung his practice staff back at the opposing force. "What am I doing?! I'm going to die!" were the only words repeating constantly within Derrick's mind at that very moment. All though it looked as if Wrath was going to cut his opponent's life short, there had been a quick flash of light that filled the area for a split second. "Huh?" Derrick's eyes widened at that very moment when he realized that he was no longer wielding a mere staff. When the light dimmed and finally died out, now in his hand was a weapon that was a blend of a sword and key.

The blade extended to at least about 2 feet in length, having a unique key-like shape to it. The blade itself had a platinum color to it, glistening if any light reflected off of it. The hilt had a roundish but squarish shape to it, having a yellow with a hint of gold shade to it. A platinum chain dangled at the end of the hilt which led up to a platinum crown charm. The weapon from the dreams. . . it was real!

"And there it is. . . " muttered Wrath as he leaped a few feet back, taking a look around the Sandlot. The shadow-like beings began to harass the audience that were there including Brandon and Alessandra. There were screams, people were running for their lives but there were some unfortunate souls that were clawed by the creatures that infested the Sandlot. But they didn't die in a painful matter, instead they seem to just drift away as a lightened orb in the shape of a heart was consumed by the beings. "Ah, the sounds of chaos. Simply beautiful, don't you think so?" Wrath questioned rhetorically but enjoyed the mayhem that took place. "Now then, shall we continue?" he added before lifting up his broadsword, forcing Derrick to prepare himself for a fight to the death.

Danica Syer

Yay Derrick got his first keyblade! Wow, this is exciting. Is Wrath with the villians of the fanfic or something? Just wondering. And I'll try to read more whenever I have time to log on because school starts for me soon and I can't go on as much when it does.

Aphex

.Inspire.
To answer your question, Snow. Yes, Wrath is apart of the villains in the fan-fic. I don't want to give too much away so everyone has to wait to find out what's in store for Derrick and his friends.

Chapter Five: And so it Begins

Wrath, his broadsword in hand, rushed towards the Keybearer began his assault. He swung his weapon repeatedly in a vertical fashion, forcing Derrick to go on the defense. The blade of the broadsword clashed with the Keyblade over and over again, giving the boy no time to even counterattack. How could he when his opponent attacked nonstop? Wrath forced yet another deadlock, noticing Derrick had left his mid-section wide open. Lifting up his right leg, he drove his combat boot right into the boy's stomach and thus, broke their deadlock. Staggering back, Derrick became even more vulnerable to another attack in which Wrath took his chance in doing so. Ramming the side of his broadsword into the goggle head's chest, he launched him right out of the ring.

"Derrick!" shouted Alessandra, wanting to run over to him but couldn't considering Brandon remained unconscious from his previous battle. Her eyes began to well up with tears from feeling helpless and the fact that their home was under attack. People were dying left and right and her friends were in great danger as well. She didn't know what to do but that was until one of the shadow-like creatures began to make its way towards her. Then two more followed, now crawling over to her and Brandon. She stood up, facing the creatures that pursued her. All though it appeared that she was ready, deep down, fear filled her. "Leave." she demanded, knowing that they wouldn't.

Then, without warning, the creatures leaped towards Alessandra. She brought her hands out in front of her, closing her eyes and expected the worse to happen. The sounds of a blade cutting through flesh was heard followed by a burst. When the girl had opened her eyes, there standing in front of her was her friend, Derrick.

"Are you okay?" he asked, now turning to face her.

Alessandra just stood there, her hands now lowered back to her sides. She was filled with too much emotions that she suddenly wrapped her arms tightly around him, burying her face into his chest.

"Derrick. . . . I'm scared. . ." she finally admitted, her tears that she tried to hold back were now being let out.

The boy had no idea what to say at that moment. There he was, in the arms of the one he had fallen for, listening to her sobs that was muffled in his chest. He didn't want her to be afraid, he wanted to feel safe and secure and so he returned the embrace. "I know," Derrick whispered into Alessandra. "But I'm here. . . I'll keep you safe. . ."

"Well isn't that cute?" Wrath snickered, leaning on the hilt of his broadsword as he watched the two's little moment. "It seems we have ourselves love birds." Lifting up his right hand, he simply snapped while giving a glare. "It just makes me sick!"

Then, right behind the Keybearer, a vortex formed. Several claws reached out from within it and grabbed the boy, now pulling him into it. He let go of Alessandra just so that she wouldn't end up being pulled in with him. However, she also reached out for him, managing to grab a hold of his hand. But alas, her attempts to save him didn't go as plan as the claws won in their little "tug-o-war".

"No!" she shouted, running into the vortex before it even closed. But, that meant that Brandon had been left behind with all the destruction which gave Wrath an idea. Approaching to where he laid, Wrath smirked now that he had their friend hostage.

"He could be some use to us." he muttered to himself, laughing as Twilight Town succumbed to the chaos. . .

Aphex

.Inspire.
Hate to double post but I noticed the lack of readers all of a sudden. I'll have the sixth chapter posted up soon but as of right now, I want to get some feedback. Comment on anything as in like what should I improve on and whatnot.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yay, I finally caught up on this! 8D;

Wowzers, that's a plot twist at the end. Ahhhh I wanna know what happens next! D: And Wrath ish pretty creepy. I actually want to know more about him. xD; He's pretty intriguing!

Aphex

.Inspire.
Indeed he is, Rena. Perhaps he and Aoi could team up in the Traces Rp, huh? lol.

Thanks for the comments! I'm currently working on chapter six as of right now. Though, I don't know when I'll put it up considering school's in the way of my time and all.

Twilight_Path

*nods*

This is excellent, Aphex. Each chapter unfolds itself very well; beautiful detail, not too little not too much... a thrilling read! :thumbsup:

Wrath had jet black with various streaks of white/silver, mostly having them in the front of his bangs.

^ That's from chapter 3 paragraph 7. I'm assuming that "hair" goes in there somewhere. Lol. ^

I eagerly await the next chapter.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Thank you all for the comments and feedback! So, I just spent about a hour or so on the sixth chapter and finally finished. So I present to you all, the new chapter! Enjoy.

Chapter Six: The Awakening

Do not submit to the Darkness. . . It is not yet your time. . .

Derrick slowly drifted down what felt like a neverending pit of darkness, plunging deeper and deeper into it. There was nothing around him. No land, no sky, no sign of life at all; just a pitch black emptiness.

Awaken.

His eye shot open, a flock of white doves flying away after being startled. They ended up revealing an image on a stained-glass platform that they have been concealing this entire time. The boy's eyes widened upon laying them on the sight of the image, now in disbelief. There in front of him was the same exact image from his dreams! The goggle-head couldn't believe it, he just couldn't.

"But. . . how? This - this just has to be a dream! It just has to. . ." Derrick ended up muttering to himself, taking a step back.

Do not be surprised. . . What you have experienced before is just only the beginning. . . There are far more things you will come across in your journey. . .

"Journey?" Derrick didn't understand what the voice was talking about, now left in a state of confusion. "What are you talking about? I'm not on a journey."

But you will be. . . You are the wielder of the Keyblade. . . It is your duty to prevent the Darkness from consuming other worlds as well as Kingdom Hearts. . .

The Keyblade summoned itself within Derrick's right hand after the voice continued to speak. He didn't even call for the darn thing to appear, it just did it on its own. The fact that this voice was explaining all of this objectives and purposes that the boy had, it didn't even help at all. It just made him even more confused than he was at the moment.

"What? But I - "

However, you must prove yourself that you are worthy enough to wield such a powerful weapon. . .

A pool of black began to develop, overlapping the image as a batch of the same creatures that attacked Twilight Town risen up from inside of it. More and more continued to climb out from the pool, their bodies twitching as they stared straight at the boy.

"Hey! Where's Alessandra and Brandon?!" Derrick shouted out loud, expecting the voice to answer back. Nothing, no response at all. Apparently fighting these creatures was a test just as the voice had said. Now gritting his teeth, his left hand began to clench tightly into a fist as he glared at each and everyone of the creatures.

Derrick could remember all of the destruction and death that these damn beings caused back at Twilight Town. How could he ever forget such a sight as this? The scene itself was etched into the boy's mind.

"I'll make you pay!" Gripping on to the hilt of his new weapon, Derrick charged towards the shadow-like beings and hacked away at them one by one. He continued to do this until none of them were left, the pool finally diminishing in size to the point where it disappeared. "Ha! That's it? Some test that was." said the boy as he believed to have gotten the revenge he desired.

A large claw suddenly slammed itself onto the stained-glass platform, causing it to shake violently and made Derrick fall right onto his rump. Another claw rose up from the shadows and grabbed a hold of the edge of the platform. Then, pulling itself up from the deep depths of the darkness was a large behemoth. It too looked like one of those shadow things but this one was much larger! It looked to have have hair that resembled long black tentacles that trailed down to its back. As it continued to pull itself up on to the platform, more of its physical features were revealed. The large shadow had a gaping hole in its stomach area and surprisingly enough, it was in the shape of a heart.

This folks, was a Heartless known as the Darkside.

"Oh boy," Derrick stood up slowly, now gazing up at the oversized monster. "So. . . this is. . . the real test, huh?" he questioned to no one in particular, gulping. "Looks like I'm going to fail."

----------------------------------------------

On another world, a figure stood at a balcony. Though, its height seemed to be really short, looking to be about three to four feet in height. Not only that but the figure had. . . mouse ears?

It stared up at the night sky that was above a large castle. The night sky itself was similar to a thousands diamonds strewn across a black blanket. However, one star in particular suddenly vanished.

"A star went out? Then that means," said the figure, turning around and walked back into a study room of some sort. "the Heartless are starting to show up. If they are appearing then that means the Keyblade wielder has been chosen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back