• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3's Critical Mode will be arriving tomorrow!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Kid

Awards
Have they said anything about paid DLC will include? I'm still holding out for Final Fantasy cameos. At the very least Cloud, Tifa, and Sephiroth to resolve that storyline lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
THANK YOU! Hopefully this silences all the haters! I am so ready for this!

You'd think that but now people are saying they're don't believe a proper Critical Mode update could have been accomplished in such a "short" amount of time (since they're all ignoring that KH3 went gold in November and this has been in the works for like 6 months). There's no pleasing them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That being said, I have confidence in the team and everything they've said shows that they've really taken a lot of care and listened to all of the criticism. Whether this will materialize into something that satisfies everyone remains to be seen of course, as we all have different levels of expectations, but I think it'll be very well done :)

It's a shame I have no time to play it myself lol
But I hope y'all have fun!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Have they said anything about paid DLC will include? I'm still holding out for Final Fantasy cameos. At the very least Cloud, Tifa, and Sephiroth to resolve that storyline lol.

No, they were focused on getting Critical Mode ready for fans first and foremost. There are plenty of opportunities for them to reveal their plans for the paid content later this year. KH Orchestra, E3, and TGS to name a few.

Awards
This is a very nice surprise! I wasn't expecting Critical mode to be released so soon! Even if it's just a little more difficult than Proud mode, I will be very satisfied. The fact that they even took the time to release this extra mode for us shows their dedication to the game and wanting to get things right. I understand some of the complaints people have with Kingdom Hearts III, but I felt very satisfied with the game overall. Despite the easiness of the game, I actually felt like the gameplay was overall better than any other Kingdom Hearts game before it. The scale of the game is absolutely massive compared to other Kingdom Hearts games, and almost every aspect of the gameplay just flowed so smoothly and well. For me, it was really fun and entertaining. And now that critical mode is coming, assuming it is more difficult, I'm curious to see how the potential difficulty adds to the game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
City of Heroes came back & died again in the spans of 3 days so they lucked out with me. :/

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Please don't have chip damage please don't have chip damage plEASE DON'T HAVE CHIP DAMAGE

also please don't repeat that "lol no orb drops" bullshit from 0.2 crit.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope Yasue was dead serious when he said they listen to feedback and Critical Cooking is going to be an actual thing.

Oh no I didn't even remember about that now I'm scared

allenleonardo

Awards
Great news. I dont play games on critical mode (I am a filthy casual) but I wish everyone that waited for it much fun. :)

Hopefully this is the difficulty most wanted to have.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

giphy.gif

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I respect Square Enix genuinely taking their time to fine-tune this critical mode. I wonder which bosses are going to have the most significant shift in difficulty?
Preferably all of them will have little tweaks, but I'm guessing Org. XIII will probably have the biggest overhaul as I'm pretty sure most of the criticism was toward them.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
And I'd be hard-pressed to think how to make Skoll suck less without some pretty drastic changes that have little to do with Critical Mode.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Happy that people who want this are getting this. For me, normal mode was frustrating enough, so I'll stay far away from this.

Platinum End

I hope they will make an update where u can skip all the cutscenes in the game. As of right now, its getting annoying to skip 3-4 scenes consecutively

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Just when I get back to playing Persona 5...
Which to return back to... Riku's irresistible wholesome self, or Joker's and Yusuke's irresistible charm?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How was Skoll not playable?

It’s not that he isn’t playable (he’s one of the better bosses of the game), but rather that boss is more scripted than the others of this game. Introduce a hard mode and how do you make it so that fight is challenging, fair, and doesn’t mess up the parts that are heavily scripted.

Soldier

Awards
*Sees this thread after remembering how agonizingly long it took just to get the ultima weapon*
Welp, Guess I know what I'm doing over summer break, Though If any of you think i'm going through the nonsense of arendelle again you're dead wrong. While I have made it my mission to beat every KH game on the hardest difficulty, I see no point in 100%ing it ALL OVER AGAIN on critical. If there's a trophy requiring 100% completion on critical mode, I'll just explode with rage.

Back