• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3DS in Nintendo Power

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
yeah it can definitely surpass psp graphics....but i don't think that's a problem on 3ds. I'm wondering it will get a cgi opening. i don't think so considering all side games have had openings with lesser graphics

BBS had a CG opening. And this game IS on the 3DS, which has graphics that are about Wii quality, and knowing how much SE likes pushing the limits, they'd make a CG opening and ending, if just to prove what they can do with the 3DS.

Allister Rose

French Lover
BBS had a CG opening. And this game IS on the 3DS, which has graphics that are about Wii quality, and knowing how much SE likes pushing the limits, they'd make a CG opening and ending, if just to prove what they can do with the 3DS.
like i said before, BBS is technically a main one. but we'll see....it seems like one of the first project on the 3ds....depends on if nomura really wants to.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
well it's not a numbered kh game, so it can't be a main one. plus nomura further hinted in his last interview that he intended to make the main games on sony.

BBS wasn't a numbered game either. And it IS a legitimate excuse. Yes, it's known as "episode 0" but is that the official title? Does it say "Kingdom Hearts 0" on the front cover? No. So the same thing could very well happen to KH3D.

And even if it's not a main game, it doesn't make it a side game either. For example, COM isn't a side game because it's as long as a main game, and is required in order to understand KH2's story at all. Instead it is a bridge game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
like i said before, BBS is technically a main one. but we'll see....it seems like one of the first project on the 3ds....depends on if nomura really wants to.

Considering it is looking to be a 3DS launch game, they will probably put as much into it as possible. Nomura loves making his team push the limits. He'll make a CG opening for KH3D. There isn't a "if he wants to" because knowing how he works, he'll want it. Especially since it is a new system. He'll have a ball with it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
BBS wasn't a numbered game either. And it IS a legitimate excuse. Yes, it's known as "episode 0" but is that the official title? Does it say "Kingdom Hearts 0" on the front cover? No. So the same thing could very well happen to KH3D.

And even if it's not a main game, it doesn't make it a side game either. For example, COM isn't a side game because it's as long as a main game, and is required in order to understand KH2's story at all. Instead it is a bridge game.
the thing is nomura considered it as one. so why shouldn't we? COm technically is a side game, but now it's hard to consider it as one since it's on the ps2 along side kh1 and kh2. Still, i would call it a side game. nomura already said the main games would be on sony, or that he was thinking of sony when he wanted to make BBS (and also confirmed BBS a main game).

and we both know it's not that legit as you think it is.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Is it really impossible for a thread to go up without someone throwing around the phrases "Main Games" and "Side Games"? The titles don't matter. At the end of the day, they are ALL a part of the KH Story and are all relevant to that storyline. Why can't people just leave it at that? -sigh-

Allister Rose

French Lover
Is it really impossible for a thread to go up without someone throwing around the phrases "Main Games" and "Side Games"? The titles don't matter. At the end of the day, they are ALL a part of the KH Story and are all relevant to that storyline. Why can't people just leave it at that? -sigh-
it's not like we are complaining if it's a side or main game. I tihnk you just don't like the discussion about it in general, so if you see two arguing, you're assuming it's the importance. I'm just saying this might not get a cgi opening because none of the side games got one. so you're missing the point.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Agreed.

it's not like we are complaining if it's a side or main game. I tihnk you just don't like the discussion about it in general, so if you see two arguing, you're assuming it's the importance. I'm just saying this might not get a cgi opening because none of the side games got one. so you're missing the point.

And I said, BBS got a CG opening and it is still considered a "side game" despite being very important to understand the series as a whole and isn't much of a side game.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
They didn't get a CGI opening because there wasn't -room- for a CGI Opening. That was the only reason. It had nothing to do with side games or main games, or this secret conspiracy between the two.
During Days' development, Nomura talked about the possibility of a CGI Opening saying they were definitely hoping to put one in. Obviously, they couldn't due to limitations. Re:Coded being a smaller game than Days (though not nearly as small as people seem to think) it most likely WILL include a CGI movie. (In the Secret Ending).

As for KH3D, it would be silly for them not to. The technology has improved greatly, plus the 3D effect would make the opening even more engaging. They wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that. (Not to mention space is less of an issue as the cartridges at 3DS' launch are bigger than the biggest PSP UMD)

Allister Rose

French Lover
that wasn't even the point of the argument, she just made it that way....or was it skyfoxx? oh well...i was just wondering if it would get a cgi opening.

anyways...i want to know more about the 3rd birthday. i've been waiting for it not as much as BBS, but the trailer looks just as nice

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
that wasn't even the point of the argument, she just made it that way....or was it skyfoxx? oh well...i was just wondering if it would get a cgi opening.

anyways...i want to know more about the 3rd birthday. i've been waiting for it not as much as BBS, but the trailer looks just as nice

That game is going to be amazing. The graphics are great, and the game play looks fun. Reminds me of Ghost Trick + a really good 3rd person shooter.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
And I said, BBS got a CG opening and it is still considered a "side game" despite being very important to understand the series as a whole and isn't much of a side game.

Um... the only people who consider BBS a "side game" are those idiot youtube commenters that think that if it's on a portable then it's a side game. BBS isn't a side game. It's a MAIN GAME. Just because it's on a portable doesn't determine if it's a side game or main game.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 ended up on the PSP and fans would STILL call it a side game.

But anyway, despite what I just said... the side games VS main games debate is getting annoying so I'll just stop right now.

TheLight said:
This is the PSP's year! So many amazing games coming out for it.

Don't you mean 3DS? KH3D is on the 3DS... unless you're talking about BBS and others.

αsiя

space coke
Um... the only people who consider BBS a "side game" are those idiot youtube commenters that think that if it's on a portable then it's a side game.
Or you know, people who don't read every Nomura interview and doesn't follow the KH news because they have other things to do.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
How about we just leave it at "BBS is a game" and just stop worrying about what title to assign it to? =/

Allister Rose

French Lover
Don't you mean 3DS? KH3D is on the 3DS... unless you're talking about BBS and others.
my i remind you this was mainly about CGi opening rather than a debate whether it's main and side. plus like i've said nomura considers it as episode 0 or chapter 0.

he said this is PSP's year. as in this year. i don't think kh3ds will come out this year

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Um... the only people who consider BBS a "side game" are those idiot youtube commenters that think that if it's on a portable then it's a side game. BBS isn't a side game. It's a MAIN GAME. Just because it's on a portable doesn't determine if it's a side game or main game.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 ended up on the PSP and fans would STILL call it a side game.

But anyway, despite what I just said... the side games VS main games debate is getting annoying so I'll just stop right now.

Oh, I don't think it is a side game. I don't think any of the KH games are "side games." Which is why it is in quotes. More of saying it's not a numbered game.

I wish somebody had recorded the trailer of 3DS. Even if it was in 3D and wasn't very...recordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back