• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Official Launch Event Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square2

Awards
Although it's unlikely, I'd love to have an event in Hawaii that I can go to.. Though I don't think there is a big enough fanbase here to consider it a possibility D:

Satoshi Williams

umm can someone tell my did they clear that bug in the US version i mean the thing about it saying that you cannot pass and you will be unable to go further in the game in i think TWTNW and your riku trying to save sora

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
umm can someone tell my did they clear that bug in the US version i mean the thing about it saying that you cannot pass and you will be unable to go further in the game in i think TWTNW and your riku trying to save sora

The bug with Riku not being able to pass a flight of stairs upon dropping? Given the amount of time that's passed since that was initially reported, I don't think you have to worry about it. That bug should have been fixed by now.

tokinoka

Maybe I can go get my uncle to send me the "Special Gift" they are going to have. I hate living in Texas right now. Ծ‸Ծ

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I really wish I lived in New York right now. I do not even personally know anyone who lives there.
I hope everyone who is going has a great time! :)

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Any friends I have who could possibly stop by and grab me a MoM edition are already planning to go to this year's Otakon which is happening that same weekend. It's the biggest anime convention on the east coast so I can't blame them.

MisterGrieves

I haven't been on these forums for a while. Anyway, I'm going to this event! I just don't know what time I should get there. I want to ensure that I get the standard edition of the game, basically. I haven't ever been to a launch event, but it scares me that someone said that at 6-7 AM for the re:coded event, the line was already wrapped around the block a couple times. Help?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
These guys are hardcore. I wish you all the best of luck and safe travels!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I haven't been on these forums for a while. Anyway, I'm going to this event! I just don't know what time I should get there. I want to ensure that I get the standard edition of the game, basically. I haven't ever been to a launch event, but it scares me that someone said that at 6-7 AM for the re:coded event, the line was already wrapped around the block a couple times. Help?

For the standard edition you should be fine. The way it works is that each customer can get one copy of the game, normal or MoM, but not one of both. If I were you, for $15 more, I would definitely go for the MoM edition even if you aren't that interested. You can probably sell the extras for well more than $15 on Ebay or something and it is a nice bundle. As stated, it is pretty much sold out everywhere so why not.

As for the truth in the Re:Coded event, you can get there anytime you want before the event starts (which is at 9am) and probably get a copy of the game. I was within the first 5 people in line for the Re:Coded event and I plan on being one of the first in this line as well, so I will be getting there ridiculously early because I want to get shots of the place from the windows outside before the building gets swamped with people. The line for the Re:Coded event wrapped around a few blocks at the time the event opened (it was a bit late, around 9:15 or so I believe), so if you get there around 8:30, you should be fine. Hope you have fun :)

For those attending the event (including myself), there may be a keyblade to pose with at the photo booth this time around. I say MIGHT because it can be misinterpreted what they posted on the Kingdom Hearts NA Blog:

We hope all you New Yorkers and local are looking forward to our Nintendo World Store launch event this Saturday at 9:00 AM ET. We can't wait to see all your faces posing with the keyblade at our photo booth!

Last edited:

MisterGrieves

Thanks for the advice! I asked my dad if he could drive me to the train station at 7 since the bus route is all diverted and weird because of Saturday morning construction, and he said yes. So I'll be able to get there at 8 or so.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Man this kinda stuff always happens in New York. Come down to Tampa dammit

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The official Kingdom Hearts Facebook just posted this picture about the launch event

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Do you think the bag with the symbols on it is the special gift?

theirlosthearts

Awards
The official Kingdom Hearts Facebook just posted this picture about the launch event

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don't know, but I WANT IT ALL. Nothing good happens in alabama DX But anyway, that could be the special gift. Not outrageously expensive, but still something that rabid KH fans would fight over. It would work.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yes, I'm pretty sure that bag is going to be the special gift, and I have 3 others going so I'll get 4 of those thank you very much :D If you look in front of the bag, there is something like a cloth with that argyle pattern on it and something beneath it. I bet the "special gift" will contain a grab bag containing all of those objects. I need at least 2 sets: 1 to frame and keep forever, and a second to use :D

I have to say that display is very underwhelming, it is just a bunch of random stuff of the KH series thrown together in one of the most meaningless ways possible lol xP I understand the top 2 rows (the game itself, the bag, and the other Nintendo KH games). However, WTF is up with the bottom two rows? Okay, SDCC did just pass and that is the limited edition Kingdom Hearts SDCC '12 figures, so that kind of makes sense. However, that bottom row is just a mess. They have random English manga that have been discontinued for years, a tiny Tidus and Aerith figure that were made for FFX and FFVII, not KH, and random Formation Arts figures of Kairi, Donald, Goofy, Cloud, and Jafar. lmao, I haven't played 3D yet, but I don't think Donald, Goofy, Cloud, or Jafar have a big impact on the story considering none of them are in the RoS, and Kairi, IDK, she can just pop out of nowhere sometimes.

P.S. Why is the KH2 postcard book and Kingdom Key Master Arts just chilling in the case lol? I will have a talk about that entire display with whatever SE staff are on hand tomorrow, I want to know exactly who put that together -__-

EDIT: I have just contacted Nintendo World and they have informed me that the bag you see is the special gift and the cloth in front of it is (I'm going to misspell this) a terry cloth. It is an argyle cloth bag that your 3DS (not XL) will fit perfectly in :) He has also informed me that there are 12 people waiting outside the store right now for tomorrow morning. Change of plans, I may head there tonight on the bus at 11pm or so and wait with those 12 till the sun rises. I will try to stay here and keep everyone updated :)

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes, I'm pretty sure that bag is going to be the special gift, and I have 3 others going so I'll get 4 of those thank you very much :D If you look in front of the bag, there is something like a cloth with that argyle pattern on it and something beneath it. I bet the "special gift" will contain a grab bag containing all of those objects.

That's a 3DS under the cloth. I doubt they are giving those away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back