• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Kingdom Hearts 3D is next." - Nomura

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I think its kind of obvious that MF is canon but as for the fight I only think Aqua is the only one who actually takes him on within the story. Then again who knows? would it be a big deal if they all fought him?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
would it be a big deal if they all fought him?
Kind of yeah, since it would make no sense for any but Aqua to be able to fight him at that point of the story.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't really make sense for anyone to fight him, lol.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Both of which we haven't even seen.

Huh? I know we've seen the door to darkness. That was the door in KH1. Now the door to light according to Sora was that thing at the end of KH2 but I don't know if I quite believe that.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Kind of yeah, since it would make no sense for any but Aqua to be able to fight him at that point of the story.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't really make sense for anyone to fight him, lol.

...i'd be happy if none of them really fight him. but see him or something. idk...and idc lol as long as I see that badass in a future game, I don't give a fcuk

Huh? I know we've seen the door to darkness. That was the door in KH1. Now the door to light according to Sora was that thing at the end of KH2 but I don't know if I quite believe that.

looked like a door of light to me lol but seriously they were pretty vague on that and Riku's comment on pointing to Sora's heart didn't help

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

I thought that KH was Light or some corny shit like that.

No, I don't think that is it at all. Sora is supposed to open the door, right? And he didn't do it. I think it had something to do with Kairi.

billyzanesucks

No, at first, he just very vaguely said it took place in the same time frame as the other games :\
Actually the full translation said this:
Since they were asked to do something with KH, that will be the starting point for the game, but they are planning on expanding it to titles other than KH.

Sempied

I think its kind of obvious that MF is canon but as for the fight I only think Aqua is the only one who actually takes him on within the story. Then again who knows? would it be a big deal if they all fought him?
I think it's just more like the Terra LS scenario where the character itself is canon while the fight isn't.

As stated: MF is canon, but the fight? Nah. Having to fight Van's LS makes it even more as it makes Ven, and Terra against it storywise impossible. The only that could be argued of "Aqua vs. MF" would be that their fight took place during Final Episode before her fight with Terranort.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think it's just more like the Terra LS scenario where the character itself is canon while the fight isn't.

As stated: MF is canon, but the fight? Nah. Having to fight Van's LS makes it even more as it makes Ven, and Terra against it storywise impossible. The only that could be argued of "Aqua vs. MF" would be that their fight took place during Final Episode before her fight with Terranort.

MF in BBS is canon.

Sempied

MF in BBS is canon.
Care to explain rather than try a one liner? As far as I can can see his appearance has no meaning at this point to back that statement of your up other than assumption. There is plenty of more evidence against than there is to say his fight is canon. His character? Yes. His fights? No.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Care to explain rather than try a one liner? As far as I can can see his appearance has no meaning at this point to back that statement of your up other than assumption. There is plenty of more evidence against than there is to say his fight is canon. His character? Yes. His fights? No.

Nomura said his fight was canon. =/

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I don't understand why fighting MF as Terra, Ven, or Aqua couldn't be canonically possible. The fight very well could be canon, sure the requirements are that you beat the game, but when you go to fight MF as Terra, Ven, or Aqua you load one of their save files from the time before they go to The Gathering. This to me, makes it seem possibly canon. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the reasoning behind why the fight couldn't be canon.

Sempied

His fight or the character? I explicably remember that he said that "He like the Lingering Sentiment didn't makes sense at the time., and will be involved in the next game."

Nowhere did it say the fight was, just the character itself.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
He never used those words, actually.

I don't understand why fighting MF as Terra, Ven, or Aqua couldn't be canonically possible. The fight very well could be canon, sure the requirements are that you beat the game, but when you go to fight MF as Terra, Ven, or Aqua you load one of their save files from the time before they go to The Gathering. This to me, makes it seem possibly canon. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the reasoning behind why the fight couldn't be canon.
Because the fight takes place in a destroyed Land of Departure... a place Aqua doesn't visit until the Final Episode, a place that Terra leaves at the end of his story, and a place Ven never actually sees. For none of them to react to the fact that their world is destroyed is the issue. If Aqua doesn't react, that must mean it happens after the Final Episode, but if it happened after the Final Episode then it should be Castle Oblivion, not LoD. etc.

The fact that MF doesn't even say anything really makes it seem obvious that it might not happen in a story setting, but that the character itself is definitely related to the story of KH.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
He never used those words, actually.

Because the fight takes place in a destroyed Land of Departure... a place Aqua doesn't visit until the Final Episode, a place that Terra leaves at the end of his story, and a place Ven never actually sees. For none of them to react to the fact that their world is destroyed is the issue. If Aqua doesn't react, that must mean it happens after the Final Episode, but if it happened after the Final Episode then it should be Castle Oblivion, not LoD. etc.

The fact that MF doesn't even say anything really makes it seem obvious that it might not happen in a story setting, but that the character itself is definitely related to the story of KH.

I agree with this completely.

It is most likely that the character itself is canon... but the battle itself doesn't seem likely to have happened at all.

Axel's girl1312

Hell yes! Finally!!!!! but now I have to buy a 3ds. and I still haven't played BBS do to no PSP. I figure it out how I'm gonna do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back