• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku911

*Boner*

Was that Sora running through all those bells? And was that in Twilight town?!!?

By the way, someone PLEASE tell me what song was playing in the video, omg I've been searching for it since everrrrr!!!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
*Boner*

Was that Sora running through all those bells? And was that in Twilight town?!!?

By the way, someone PLEASE tell me what song was playing in the video, omg I've been searching for it since everrrrr!!!
Bell tower from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

VLR.XIII

Hold up isn't that the same place the Twilight Thorn was in that screen shot we got, the second district of twilight town?, where Sora and Riku are shown facing off with Ansem and Xemnas? (Ideas of a mission like scenerio similar to Pokemon Ranger 3, wherein you fight through a dungeon, emerging at the same place to fight a boss of increasing strength flash to my mind.) And I can imagine drop being used to describe you dropping in/out as Sora and Riku. i.e. you're playing, then you hit the Drop button, some of the drop gauge is depleted and you switch characters, maybe to pass a puzzle that the other couldn't. Speculations will continue to run wild, can't wait to see more on this intriguing title.

It was said you won't be able to manually switch character.

I think drop refers to falling.

Chosenoneknuckles

I know but all signs seem to point towards there being something about dreams

Amen.

I'm amused as to how many don't seem to entertain the very idea, despite the game's title and the general surrealness.

I think we're past the 'data world' stuff of ReCoded by now [which just seemed very impersonal and thus unimportant - even if it wasn't, at least for the end].

Supernova Zander

...I don't think any words in the dictionary could possibly express the way I'm feeling about this trailer right now. It truly is absolutely amazing. I almost cried out of excitement when I saw it, and Destati really flowed with the pace of the gameplay in the trailer. XD

Watching Riku jumping between walls like he's on steroids immediately reminded me of something out of a Sonic game; except faster and much, much more exciting. And seeing Sora and Riku coming face-to-face with Xemnas and Ansem SoD respectively, summoning their Keyblades with their serious expressions and poised for action just plain took the entire buffet, let alone the cake, for me. It's like one of those cliffhangers you get in movies where you're just fan-gasming over what's gonna happen next, despite how confusing it may be. (Since we don't really have much information on Dream Drop Distance yet, I've just come up with the assumption that the Xemnas and Ansem seen in the trailer are just holograms/illusions made by Yen Sid, but that's my idea. :3)
And of course, seeing Sora spinning around a lamp-post in order to jump off a wall and slam his Keyblade into the ground grasped me as an exciting new way to fight. And a world based on the Hunchback of Notre Dame was something I'd been thinking about for a very long time, but I didn't think they'd be able to fit the game's characters in with the story; but with just Sora and Riku, it shouldn't be that complicated.

I am officially hooked on buying a 3DS for this, among other games. 8D

MisuzuKamio

Okay, I apologize if someone has already done this but I am excited to actually put my years of studying Japanese to use here >_<
Anyway, a couple people were asking about translations for the brief conversation between Sora and Riku in the trailer right after Yen Sid says his piece about MARK OF MASTERY~

Believe it or not, it's just quotes from the first game. 0_o
Instead of offering a sloppy Japanese->English direct translation I'll just use the English game quotes:

Sora: But how far could a raft take us?
Riku: Who knows. But if we have to, we'll think of something else.

Um so...does this mean that there is gonna be some sort of catch like this is "what if Riku and Sora actually got on the raft"????

Megavoltage

Awards
Riku and Sora jumping around like ninjas looks really fun. Ansem SoD and Xemnas causing trouble at the same time should make an epic adventure. But if the game ends with the "It was all a dream..." cliche I'll scream.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notre Dame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had a fangasm to the extreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND OMG THEY TRAILER LOOKED AWESOME!!!!!!! THE BATTLE SYSTEM LOOKS AMAZING AND JUST WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ANSEM SOD AND XEMNAS!!!!!!! YEY!!!!!!!

Sorry about that, but that was just an amazing trailer, well done Nomura!!!

tri-blade

Riku and Sora jumping around like ninjas looks really fun. Ansem SoD and Xemnas causing trouble at the same time should make an epic adventure. But if the game ends with the "It was all a dream..." cliche I'll scream.

SoD vs Riku!! Xemnas vs Sora!! The epicness only begins!!
I wonder if they will reveal who they really are (Xemnas=Terra and SoD=MX, or Xemnas=MX and SoD=Terra)? The fans still have no idea who got what during Terra-Xehanort separation. Please reveal it to us Nomura in this game, PLEASE!

Finnally it's about time for Notre Dame to show up. Now all we need is Phineas and Ferb....

Also, Sora and Riku are and always will be greater ninja than Naru-tard and Sassy-pants will ever be. Period.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
SoD vs Riku!! Xemnas vs Sora!! The epicness only begins!!
I wonder if they will reveal who they really are (Xemnas=Terra and SoD=MX, or Xemnas=MX and SoD=Terra)? The fans still have no idea who got what during Terra-Xehanort separation. Please reveal it to us Nomura in this game, PLEASE!

Finnally it's about time for Notre Dame to show up. Now all we need is Phineas and Ferb....

Also, Sora and Riku are and always will be greater ninja than Naru-tard and Sassy-pants will ever be. Period.

Agree. Can't wait to get the game. so the trailer was the E3 trailer we didn't see until now or something more?

tri-blade

Agree. Can't wait to get the game. so the trailer was the E3 trailer we didn't see until now or something more?

On which part, the Xemnas/SoD debate, Phineas and Ferb or the Sora/Riku better ninja than Naru-tard/Sassy-pants part? Or is it all 3?

TerravsVentus

*speechless from fucking awesomeness*

BBSFTW

Man at first i was a little iffy about buying this game but now i think i am going to buy. Well i better save that money knowing square ill at least have a bit of time to save so thats good, and even if i dont have enough money for the 3ds when KH 3d is being rrelease out in NA then ill just buy the game and wait to get the 3ds just so i have the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back