• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D (Dream Drop Distance) Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
It would would sort of make sense if Vanitas came back. I can't fathom how, but Ven does need his heart mended, so maybe one day he will accept the darkness and they'll be combined completely (though I'm not sure how they'll get around the X-blade thing).

I agree with this statement. As for getting around the X-Blade, I don't think that will be possible. However, I think it would be interesting if Ven used the X-Blade to stop Xehanort. It would be fitting to have MX be finished off by the very object he desired.

Eon Qey

I wonder if Gargolyes the show would ever be in KH. o_O
I remember staying up til 11pm at the age of 4 to watch it. XD

The Drop Gauge I just found out might have something to do with the stunts you can pull off in the game. XD
Cool. :3

I don't think the X-Blade is gonna play a role in the story again until KH3. :/
(It's so pwetty tho.) X3

Anyone know why Xemnas and 'Ansem' is back at all? :/

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I wonder if Gargolyes the show would ever be in KH. o_O
I remember staying up til 11pm at the age of 4 to watch it. XD

The Drop Gauge I just found out might have something to do with the stunts you can pull off in the game. XD
Cool. :3

I don't think the X-Blade is gonna play a role in the story again until KH3. :/
(It's so pwetty tho.) X3

Anyone know why Xemnas and 'Ansem' is back at all? :/

No one knows...but they certainly only stayed with films so far.
Yet I think the Gargoyles would be an interesting addition, especially with Xanatos and/or Demona as antagonists.

We'll see about the drop gauge...too few information for that.

Who knows what the heck is with that super-weapon.
That's a matter of taste though, I found the x-blade hideously ugly, lol.

They may be not even the "real" 'Ansem' and Xemnas.
There are several other possibilities:
- Sentiments
- Xehanort himself just shapeshifting to look like them.
- Dream existences
- Data existences
- a projection of someone else.

KHHacker6595

the game is supposed to have a countdown between characters, you will be randomly switching between sora and riku, im assuming randomly dropping in and out of the dream world. Worlds like Traverse Town dont exist anymore after Kingdom Hearts 1, because it was created from lost worlds, and those worlds were restored, making Traverse Town most likely a dream world. Xemnas and Ansem SOD are most likely the same being, a dream villain manifested from sora and rikus subconscious, this is supported by the fact that there is a hazy outline of both characters when sora and riku encounter them in the trailer. Sora and Riku are in there Kingdom Hearts 1 attire/forms because, it is there dreams selves that you will be playing as, I'm assuming Yen Sid wants to unlock Sora and Rikus true potentials, and beliefs that there true power is hidden in there dreams. Thats what all those crazy stunts and attacks were in the trailer, examples of Sora and Rikus dream powers.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
awww I was hoping that it would be like Re CoM And you pick the character you want to control for the game, and each character has different information or something. But we will see what happens.

KHHacker6595

Nomura confirmed you would be switching between the characters randomly throughout the game, I'm not speculating about that, its confirmed

Eon Qey

Really? Cause I hear that Sora and Riku look like their old selves for the feel of the game or for some level thing. And I've heard that Numaru is giving them new outfits for the game. o.0

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Really? Cause I hear that Sora and Riku look like their old selves for the feel of the game or for some level thing. And I've heard that Numaru is giving them new outfits for the game. o.0

Their KH 1-outfirts have a "story"-relevant reason according to Mr. Nomura, but the "new" outfits I don't know where that tibit comes from.
Nomura only said that to show that DDD is a game that takes place after KH II we will see a part of the game with Sora and Riku in their current clothes.
And that means the KH 2-outfits.
If they will get new outfits at all it'll be most likely in KH III...although personally I think they don't need new ones, as the current ones were only used once up to now and I'm not one of those who freak out just because Riku shows his navel (dear god, I didn't even notice that until I came here).

Eon Qey

Hmm... i dn't remember, i think it was from one of my friends or on another site. Dunno tho.

Well, if Xehanort is coming back, it might happen through this game tho. I think what will happen is either Xemnas and Ansem will beat sora and riku and merge into Xehanort or something else. I cnt wait for its release! ^.^

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Their KH 1-outfirts have a "story"-relevant reason according to Mr. Nomura, but the "new" outfits I don't know where that tibit comes from.
Nomura only said that to show that DDD is a game that takes place after KH II we will see a part of the game with Sora and Riku in their current clothes.
If they will get new outfits at all it'll be most likely in KH III...although personally I think they don't need new ones, as the current ones were only used once up to now and I'm not one of those who freak out just because Riku shows his navel (dear god, I didn't even notice that until I came here).

andriasang said:
Nomura actually hasn't drawn any specific drawings for Kingdom Hearts 3D yet. He's actually looking into an idea of changing Sora and Riku's clothing. One of the reasons for this is that if the characters appear in the same clothing, some people might think that KH3D is a remake.
Of course, Sora and Riku have to appear in their original Kingdom Hearts forms as part of the story. Nomura said that he's considering having them appear in their current clothing at the start of the game, and change midway through.
Normura actually did say something about a change in costume in the Famitsu Interview

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Nomura confirmed you would be switching between the characters randomly throughout the game, I'm not speculating about that, its confirmed

we will see what this game will look like who knows what they shown us was probably a quick trailer thats in the early stages.

Z

zhucelun789

Sora and Riku will either be sent on a journey of some sort through either a dream, another realm, or out for their mark of mastery. On their journeys, they will once again be seperated and will this time try to find each other instead of Riku running away. I also think that two enemies will appear, of which are Xehanort's nobody and heartless. If it is in the sense of a dream, they will deal with event of which they do not know of and may intercept knowledge of BBS, ultimately fighting Xehanort himself (he may gain riku's power). If not, then the events they unravel will be to stop the darkness once more.

Grey

Really? I could have sworn that they had their KH1 clothing due to Nomura not wanting to spoil... something. i.e., they're in their KH1 clothing for beta work/demo purposes.

But maybe that was disproved at some point...?

Eon Qey

Wait!!! If MX comes back in this game... will he be in his old form or in Terra's body? o.0
(Cuz if they go to the 'dream realm', Terra is already in his sleep with Ven in the LoD...right?)

Hmmm...

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
Remember in Days how Roxas and Xion accidentally fight (in Halloween Town I think) and they saw each other as the enemy. Watch the scene at the end of the trailer where Riku fights Ansem SoD and Sora fights Xemnas. Doesn't it remind you of what happened with Xion and Roxas. This 'face-down' seems to occur at the same time as they're facing each from opposite sides and from Riku's perspective you can see the back of Xemnas while from Sora's perspective you can see the back of Ansem SoD (behind their respective enemies). I think at that point it'll be their Mark Of Mastery exam where they both fight each other (unknowingly). Maybe they have to realise that they're actually fighting their friend to pass or something along those lines at least :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back