• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Community Feedback

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalDreamer

About the portal glitch, I found one thing that causes it.
When you finish the game, you will always restart as Sora. However the last boss is fought as Riku. The game doesn't Drop Riku after the credits, so when you load your game again, the game will think you're still playing as Riku, while you're controlling Sora instead.

Fixing it should be obvious if you know the above. Drop to Riku so he gets Sora's portals, finish the game, and Sora will get his portals again.

Zaraki_Kenpachi

So I'm having a little trouble. I'm trying to go to special portal 3 of riku on the country of the musketeers, and it's not showing up :| The one with Me-me Bunny. Any idea why? Every other portal seems to be showing up perfectly though :|

Nevermind just found it. Was behind a wall.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So I'm having a little trouble. I'm trying to go to special portal 3 of riku on the country of the musketeers, and it's not showing up :| The one with Me-me Bunny. Any idea why? Every other portal seems to be showing up perfectly though :|

Nevermind just found it. Was behind a wall.

Sometimes the portal will be on a different level like above you or below you so it won't show up on the map until you reach that level so explore all levels of where it should be.

GameGirl709

Awards
MoM glitch?

I saw the post on the main page talking about glitches and stuff with the MoM edition.
There are a couple things I noticed:
The first is that in the Dream Eater Report there is a Mickey symbol next to Komory Bat after I create him for Riku, but there is not one next to Meow Wow. Is there something extra I need to do to or is it a glitch? The other thing is under Game Records -> Dive Mode: Sora, there is a Ending thing in here, but it's still 0 (I'm at the last world). There is a completion symbol there, anyways, but thought I'd mention it.

I also noticed that the voices can be really soft especially in Traverse Town. I wish they had an option to change the audio.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The Ending glitch seems to be a regular occurrence. You don't have to worry about it because all it does is add the Ending to your journal prematurely.

GameGirl709

Awards
I saw the post on the main page talking about glitches and stuff with the MoM edition.
There are a couple things I noticed:
The first is that in the Dream Eater Report there is a Mickey symbol next to Komory Bat after I create him for Riku, but there is not one next to Meow Wow. Is there something extra I need to do to or is it a glitch? The other thing is under Game Records -> Dive Mode: Sora, there is a Ending thing in here, but it's still 0 (I'm at the last world). There is a completion symbol there, anyways, but thought I'd mention it.

I also noticed that the voices can be really soft especially in Traverse Town. I wish they had an option to change the audio.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Er, your post had already been merged into this thread so there's no need to repost it.

Anyways, the 3DS has fairly quiet speakers. You can always just turn up the volume or use headphones.

GameGirl709

Awards
Er, your post had already been merged into this thread so there's no need to repost it.

Anyways, the 3DS has fairly quiet speakers. You can always just turn up the volume or use headphones.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that until now. Can someone delete it for me?

Yeah I have the sound up full blast. OOH know I remember what the ending is for. Forgot about that.

kupo1121

Awards
Re: MoM glitch?

Fixing it should be obvious if you know the above. Drop to Riku so he gets Sora's portals, finish the game, and Sora will get his portals again.

I'm at the save post right before the final boss and I didn't do it on purpose as to avoid the glitch if possible. Is it possible to finish the game as Sora in the first place? I'm at the save point for both of them, so what if I did Riku's first and then Sora? Would that correct it or does it make me drop to Sora at some point and force me to do Riku's last? Also, are the Secret portals messed up? Not the special ones, the secret ones where I heard you fight past bosses (because that would be fun to verse Chernabog as Sora and vice versa with Riku)

The first is that in the Dream Eater Report there is a Mickey symbol next to Komory Bat after I create him for Riku, but there is not one next to Meow Wow. Is there something extra I need to do to?

The Mickey symbol next to a DE means you completely did everything you could with that DE (for the most part). In order to get the Mickey symbol you have to:

- defeat a nightmare version of that DE
- defeat a rare nightmare version of that DE (if there exists one, only a select number of DEs get rare version which are only found in special link portals in certain worlds)
- creating or obtaining one of that DE as a spirit

Komory Bat doesn't have a rare version while Meow Wow does, so if you created a Komory Bat (which you should have at the beginning of Riku's story) and also defeated one, you did everything you could with Komory Bat (minus maxing out his ability link and raising him). However, for Meow Wow, you did two of those things, but you have yet to face the rare version I presume, so once you defeat that rare version (which should be all white on the top) the mickey symbol should appear.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

I'm at the save post right before the final boss and I didn't do it on purpose as to avoid the glitch if possible. Is it possible to finish the game as Sora in the first place? I'm at the save point for both of them, so what if I did Riku's first and then Sora? Would that correct it or does it make me drop to Sora at some point and force me to do Riku's last? Also, are the Secret portals messed up? Not the special ones, the secret ones where I heard you fight past bosses (because that would be fun to verse Chernabog as Sora and vice versa with Riku)

If you continue through the end with Riku without completing it as Sora, there is a secret that happens. there's supposed to be a scene in which Riku will drop and you'll switch to Sora, this is only if you haven't completed Sora's side in TWTNW

So no matter what, you'll have to beat Sora's first and then Riku's.

Also, only Riku can refight his bosses, and Sora can only refight his own bosses.

Square2

Awards
I encountered another glitch recently when I was fighting the Char Clawbster. I initiated the dual link where Meow Wow sucks up your other dream eater and bounces around, but after the second bounce, I fell through the ground and was in a falling limbo. After a couple seconds though, I ended up falling back to where the battle was, except I was miniaturized and the Char Clawbster was enormous. I don't know what caused this, but I recommend avoiding that dual link during the Char Clawbster battle. I was still able to complete the boss battle, but it totally freaked me out.

kupo1121

Awards
I encountered another glitch recently when I was fighting the Char Clawbster. I initiated the dual link where Meow Wow sucks up your other dream eater and bounces around, but after the second bounce, I fell through the ground and was in a falling limbo. After a couple seconds though, I ended up falling back to where the battle was, except I was miniaturized and the Char Clawbster was enormous. I don't know what caused this, but I recommend avoiding that dual link during the Char Clawbster battle. I was still able to complete the boss battle, but it totally freaked me out.

Interesting, I'm curious if it works during the secret portal after you finish the game

^ not a story spoiler, but IDK if some people would classify it as a spoiler, I don't think it is but better be safe than sorry :)

Blobbit

Awards

If you continue through the end with Riku without completing it as Sora, there is a secret that happens. there's supposed to be a scene in which Riku will drop and you'll switch to Sora, this is only if you haven't completed Sora's side in TWTNW

So no matter what, you'll have to beat Sora's first and then Riku's.

So if I did it this way, does that mean my portals aren't messed up?

iLeen

Awards
I've been stuck in the air quite a few times in the same world and DE's keep attacking me until I almost die or do die D:

Oh well, just means I have the start from the starting point again. It's not so bad, so long as it doesn't happen in a boss battle.

kupo1121

Awards
I've been stuck in the air quite a few times in the same world and DE's keep attacking me until I almost die or do die D:

Are you sure you weren't paralyzed? Certain DE attacks will paralyze you and you can move in circles, but you will be stuck how you were when you got hit. When I'm landing and I get hit, it keeps me in the air until the effects wear off but I can still turn around while freefalling on top of the ground.

EternalDreamer

When you finish the game, you will always restart as Sora. However the last boss is fought as Riku. The game doesn't Drop Riku after the credits, so when you load your game again, the game will think you're still playing as Riku, while you're controlling Sora instead.

Bah, apparently, my game glitched up after watching the flashbacks, then fixed itself when I finished the game the first time, and bugged again after finishing again. Now i'm unable to correct it by just defeating the game again. So a tip for you completionists (which includes myself >>) would be to do all the special portals BEFORE you finish the game. Only the secret portals require you to defeat the game, but those don't get messed up anyway.

THE GAME

Bah, apparently, my game glitched up after watching the flashbacks, then fixed itself when I finished the game the first time, and bugged again after finishing again. Now i'm unable to correct it by just defeating the game again. So a tip for you completionists (which includes myself >>) would be to do all the special portals BEFORE you finish the game. Only the secret portals require you to defeat the game, but those don't get messed up anyway.
You can fix them again by dropping at a save point.

axel95

Awards

I've finished the game. So I drop to Riku, then do I drop back to Sora and beat both Sora's and Riku's final bosses again? This glitch is annoying! The End of Pain better look fantastic and have amazing stats if I'm going to go through all of this to get it!

Awards
This is just a random question, but does anyone else's Riku have a buttload more health than Sora? I've beaten all the special portals for both of them, and the both have the same dream eater team. I'm thinking it's because I beat the Lord Kyroo with Riku. It's not a problem, I just find it weird, and my OCD kicks in xD

EternalDreamer

You can fix them again by dropping at a save point.
Immediately after finishing the game or just at any point? I tend to drop with the start menu, but i'm fairly sure after the glitch occured i've dropped at a save point too.

Oh well, guess i'll not be making an S-rank of all dream eaters to trade over to Critical. Why did they make epic/brilliant fantasies special portal only prizes? >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back