• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Amazon has a few more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced

Apparently, and this is from a friend who works at GameStop, they can rent games out from the stores, but they can't do this before release date or if there's not many in stock and stuff.
Yeah, they can take the used games and play them before selling them. It's to help them "know their product".

A couple of my friends work at various GameStops and GameStops will only stay open a few hours or till midnight if they can find workers who are willing to go back there and stay open (and then those workers themselves can take home a copy of that game after they're done, so they do benefit). If you want them to stay for a couple hours after they close you'll have to hope that you talk to someone who is trusted enough to close the store and who would be willing to.
The ones near me don't do that for small releases, like KH. The general outlook is that the sales won't be enough to be worth the cost of employees and electricity, etc. So then the only way would be for the employees to be there with no compensation.

The sticker rule applies to them too, selling it early is illegal which is why they don't' risk having a person check in to find the sticker seal broken. If it is, they will probably find out it was you because GameStops don't have THAT many employees and if so, you are going to get sued <_<
Sticker rule doesn't apply to my job, lol. The companies selling the products assume that the only copies sold early are to employees so they let it slide with us. But I figured a bigger company like GS/EB would be more strict.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

The ones near me don't do that for small releases, like KH. The general outlook is that the sales won't be enough to be worth the cost of employees and electricity, etc. So then the only way would be for the employees to be there with no compensation.

Sticker rule doesn't apply to my job, lol. The companies selling the products assume that the only copies sold early are to employees so they let it slide with us. But I figured a bigger company like GS/EB would be more strict.

Well, at GS's, midnight releases are gauged not by how popular the series is to the workers, but how many preorders they get. At the GS closest to me, I asked if they'll have a midnight release for KH (I hope they don't since I ordered mine from Amazon, forcing me to wait till noon) and they said "We've gotten a good amount of preorders so far, but not enough for a midnight release, ask us about a week before the game's release and we should know." So I'm pretty sure it runs by a quantity basis as opposed to a series-to-series basis.

Also, "mom-and-pop shops" as they are called, are local stores that aren't run by big corporations. They are the stores to go to to get games early because as you said, they don't have someone who will come to check in on them. However, if news gets out that they always sell games early (a local one by me did I assume because after Pokemon Black and White 1 got out 4 days early around my town) they can get fined, sued, and possibly not sent anymore games from that company, which could be a big problem if that company is a big seller like Nintendo. There are still many others by me (considering I'm by NYC) that openly call you if you are on a waiting list the second the game comes out because they don't give a f$#* lol xP

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I was kind of in denial about it being too late to pre-order MoM Edition, so I went to my local Game Stop today and tried and they said it was too late.

OhCrap.png

So I pre-ordered the regular version instead. T_T This is what I get for procrastinating.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Well, at GS's, midnight releases are gauged not by how popular the series is to the workers, but how many preorders they get. At the GS closest to me, I asked if they'll have a midnight release for KH (I hope they don't since I ordered mine from Amazon, forcing me to wait till noon) and they said "We've gotten a good amount of preorders so far, but not enough for a midnight release, ask us about a week before the game's release and we should know." So I'm pretty sure it runs by a quantity basis as opposed to a series-to-series basis.
That's pretty much what I meant when I said that the amount of sales for a small Midnight release might not be worth the cost of employee wages and the like. I'm pretty sure GS makes an incredibly small profit on new releases so they would have to sell enough copies to make a profit or they just lost money keeping the store open.

Also, "mom-and-pop shops" as they are called, are local stores that aren't run by big corporations. They are the stores to go to to get games early because as you said, they don't have someone who will come to check in on them. However, if news gets out that they always sell games early (a local one by me did I assume because after Pokemon Black and White 1 got out 4 days early around my town) they can get fined, sued, and possibly not sent anymore games from that company, which could be a big problem if that company is a big seller like Nintendo. There are still many others by me (considering I'm by NYC) that openly call you if you are on a waiting list the second the game comes out because they don't give a f$#* lol xP
Oh yeah, I know. Breaking street date is a really big issue but like I said, the companies that distribute to my company tend to overlook a minimal amount of copies being moved early due to the assumption that they are being sold to employees.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

I was kind of in denial about it being too late to pre-order MoM Edition, so I went to my local Game Stop today and tried and they said it was too late.

OhCrap.png

So I pre-ordered the regular version instead. T_T This is what I get for procrastinating.
You could always pre-order it on Amazon. It comes with guaranteed release-date delivery!

Light~

Hey guys.
I live in Canada and went to my local EB games to pre-order the MOM a few weeks ago and they didn't even have it in their systems yet. My friend works at another EB so i went there yesterday and pre-ordered. She said she also doesn't have it in the system, but she'll switch over the pre-orders once she does (she had them under the regular edition).

Strange. I also checked the canadian EB site and they still have it there, if anyone is interested. Note that it does say "Web Only". I asked my eb friend to look into that, still waiting to hear back.

bigbadcloud

My game stop still has a buch of MoM left xD I might get 2 or 3 but ill just stick with the one i have now :p

kupo1121

Awards

Wait, back up a second, I get a 20% discount for pre-ordering the game? Could someone explain this to me?

Where do you get 20% off the game? At GameStops you get 20% off the guide when you purchase the guide and the game simultaneously.

BagelBreath

Awards

Hey guys.
I live in Canada and went to my local EB games to pre-order the MOM a few weeks ago and they didn't even have it in their systems yet. My friend works at another EB so i went there yesterday and pre-ordered. She said she also doesn't have it in the system, but she'll switch over the pre-orders once she does (she had them under the regular edition).

Strange. I also checked the canadian EB site and they still have it there, if anyone is interested. Note that it does say "Web Only". I asked my eb friend to look into that, still waiting to hear back.

That's odd. I went the day after the MoM edition appeared on their website, which was a couple days after the MoM was announced.
I'm also from Canada, and the EB Games I went to had it in their system. I called them yesterday to confirm that I would be getting the MoM edition, and they said since I pre-ordered it in time, I would be getting it.
Did you call it the "Mark of Mastery Edition"? The EB Games employee I spoke to was confused when I called it that, they just call it the "Collectors Edition"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Hey guys.

I'm from Canada too and the MoM edition was only available for a few weeks here. It's unavailable for pre-order in EB/GS stores now and if you wanted it you would undoubtedly have to order it online.

RaginRiku

Where do you get 20% off the game? At GameStops you get 20% off the guide when you purchase the guide and the game simultaneously.

Do you need to buy it in-store for the 20%? I can't remember seeing anything about it online.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Do you need to buy it in-store for the 20%? I can't remember seeing anything about it online.

Buying in store won't get you a discount, I have no idea what he's talking about
(I'm talking about just the game not the game and book bundle)

kupo1121

Awards

Yes, at GameStops (at least at every GameStop around me and every one I've ever bought a game at, they all said "do you want to buy the guide with it, you get 20% off the guide"

Buying in store won't get you a discount, I have no idea what he's talking about
(I'm talking about just the game not the game and book bundle)

As I said, buying both in store will get you a discount on THE GUIDE, I never said it would get you a discount on the game as I have no idea what that is about xP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"KH fans: Make sure to pre-order the the KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Mark of Mastery edition before it sells out!"

Listen to SE, guys. Order it before it is gone.

Cherryjuice

So, amazon Germany finally opened up a page for 3D and I can finally finally FINALLY preorder.

According to the picture of the box the game will include "exclusice AR cards". Very happy right now. Guess we won't be getting a CE, but this is better than nothing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So, amazon Germany finally opened up a page for 3D and I can finally finally FINALLY preorder.

According to the picture of the box the game will include "exclusice AR cards". Very happy right now. Guess we won't be getting a CE, but this is better than nothing.

All of the versions contain the AR cards

Cherryjuice

Really? I cannot remember that SE Europe announced that the game contains anything besides the game itself...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Heh, that means at least we won't miss out on the special Dream Eaters.
(Although I would also still want those artwork-cards...>__<)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back