• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Amazon has a few more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagelBreath

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced

Any Canadians here? Have you been able to pre-order the MoM bundle?
I called EB Games today, but the person I talked to was too stupid to understand what I was trying to say. She seems to think I've made up the MoM bundle... =/

EDIT: I found it on the website. I'm going to go down to EB Games today and try to figure who I spoke with on the phone so I can be mean to her. >:D

and pre-order the MoM edition, ofcourse. :)

Last edited:

WaveK89

I'm not expecting a special edition 3DS either, but I still want a bundle. That, and I want to see what Nintendo does at E3. Good chance for a 3DS slim (okay, I don't know that, but it would be cool) or something else that is cool for 3DS.

In any case, I'll be needing to save up some more money.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

I never really expected a special edition Kingdom Hearts 3DS to begin with because we've never gotten BBS's and Day's. Not that I'm against the idea, I'm all for it but it seems unlikely. America is pretty big in comparison to Japan to provide everyone with a bundle and it would be pretty expensive to include all of those items together.

i think you still buy the speciial edition bbs pack on amazon. I was looking forward to the special edition 3ds soo much. But i guess i can just buy a used one so i can go all out the special edition package

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

3DS +, one with 2 analog stick, calling it now!

Anyways, I do think we'll be getting more information about the special edition(s?) at E3 or around E3

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Just got back from Gamestop and upgraded to the MoM edition. Okay it's not called that at Gamestop, just a different collector's edition I think. Just required me to put down $25 minimum instead of the usual $5 for the game alone.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Might just get a 3DS whenever I can in the next couple of weeks and call it a day.

Don't because isn't it obvious that if they are going to release the 3DS, they'll do it the a few days after you buy your console and open it up to the point where it is too late to bring it back?!?!? I plan on getting my 3DS 2 days before DDD comes out lol xP I'm waiting on Pimp Hat Purple if anything...though I'm honestly leaning towards importing the Jap. 3DS and waiting until someone breaks it so that I can make mine region free (sorry if we can't talk about it hacking systems and stuff, but I'm not taking money from Nintendo by getting games for free, I'm just finding a way to bypass the stupid region lock).

Technically yes, but then again, the CE was listed as just the game with the preorder bonus previously. Might want to ask for the contents of the bundle to make sure.

If they can't tell you the contents, ask for the price of the CE, the normal one should be $39.99, while the MoM edition should be $54.99.

I want nothing to do with a collector's edition UNLESS it comes with a special edition Kingdom Hearts 3DS. Seriously? A face plate?? That's all they could do?? Nintendo shanks America EVERY TIME when it comes to English versions of its games.

EDIT: Let me rephrase: Square Enix shanks America when it comes to its collector's editions

Let me clarify a few things for you :) First, this CE is the same one Japan got, just without getting an extra copy of Days and Re:Coded, and it is for 1/4 of the price. In Japan, there were 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS. One came with the exclusive 3DS, one with all the contents in our MoM edition + Re:Coded + Days. So far they have only announced one bundle in the US, and it mimics the second CE in Japan that I listed. Have faith and patience, they may still release the exclusive 3DS. Also, the limited edition GBA SP was released in both Japan and the US, so clearly they don't ALWAYS shank America.

I'll admit, yes, the US and PAL did not get the limited edition PSP or DSi, but in our case, the PSP was region free, so you could have just done what I did and import it and then play the US copy of the game. The DSi I can't argue in SE's case because I do agree with you on that one, but I'm just saying, don't lose faith in SE yet and don't blame them because US customers may not be as receptive as Japanese fans are to buying a new console.

Anyways, I do think we'll be getting more information about the special edition(s?) at E3 or around E3

I'm crossing my fingers too...I feel like I'm way too optimistic right now and if they don't end up announcing it at E3, I'll feel like I'll take the news in the worst way possible, but I'll wait till then and see :)

Rallade

Awards

Looks like I'll be a proud owner of both the BBS CE and the 3D CE :p

On the tread's note, I highly doubt a KH edition 3DS, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't both Japanese special editions announced at the same time? And the idea of them announcing such a thing at E3 bugs me a bit for some reason, just feels inappropriate.

BagelBreath

Awards

Just pre-ordered 2 of them. One for me, and one for my sister.
They weren't calling it the MoM edition, they just referred to it as the Collector's Edition.
I confirmed it was the MoM by asking the price ($54.99 CAD).
I had to put 10$ down for each, they said since it was a CE I couldn't put down the regular $5. No biggie.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Okay, I just upgraded my pre-order. I swear, the employee is telepathic.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

This makes me so happy! It may not be the exclusive 3DS, but this is definitely good enough. There is no way I will not get this. :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Looks like I'll be a proud owner of both the BBS CE and the 3D CE :p

On the tread's note, I highly doubt a KH edition 3DS, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't both Japanese special editions announced at the same time? And the idea of them announcing such a thing at E3 bugs me a bit for some reason, just feels inappropriate.

By BbS CE, do you mean the Japanese limited edition PSP (the one I have), the European CE with the artbook, postcards, etc.? Or the US CE with the normal silver PSP and the nice box? DARN BBS HAVING SO MANY DIFFERENT CE'S AROUND THE WORLD?!?!?

Also, yes, both were announced at the same time. However, there are 2 things to note:

1) Both were announced 2 months before the actual release date. This CE was announced about 2.5 months earlier, so there is still time for them to announce a CE and SE would clearly be okay with only 2 months left, not to mention 2 months before the release date is practically E3.

2) By announcing them both at the same time, they may have deterred buyers in Japan, because for those who wanted both, they not only had to shell out a lot of yen for the 10th anniversary both, but simultaneously pay another large sum for the 3DS system itself. This may have caused people to feel like they had an ultimatum, either get one or the other. By announcing them at separate times (if they are going to), it would allow one to not outshine the other (in this case, a limited edition system would easily outshine a few postcards and a protective case) and it would allow people who have already preordered this one, to have saved up to preorder the 3DS itself. Not to mention an announcement at E3 would bring a lot of attention to the game itself and possibly bring in customers considering it is E3 after all. I'm just being optimistic here because I really don't want to import it from Japan for double the price of the system itself -__-

sdr08

its really called the CE then *sigh* i just love making an idiot of myself at gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back