• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D 3rd on NPD August sales with over 200k.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
NPD August info has come out, and Kingdom Hearts 3D is up there at 3rd this month behind Darksiders 2 and New Super Mario Bros 2. The NA numbers are 180k.
NPD August 2012 Sales Results [Up2: Kingdom Hearts 3DS, NSMB2] - NeoGAF

Not bad, but it seems to have done worse than Birth by Sleep on its opening month.
Edit: It been confirmed that it actually sold over 200k, since the MoM sales weren't counted in the previous numbers, so somewhere between 200k and 240k.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D 3rd on NPD August sales with 180k.

You can probably accredit the low sales in comparison to BBS to the fact that the 3DS has a much smaller than the PSP did.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

according to neogaf that figure doesn't include the MOM edistion, with it KH3D is over 200k, which is better i guess. The fact that its released so early in the 3DS lifetime might give it better legs than BBS

But it also wasn't a new system, so plenty of people had one.

I admit that BBS would have sold better if the PSP had been in its prime, though.

yeah thats true, its a shame what happened to the PSP, Vita's isn't doing any better now either. It apparently sold less than 40k for the month of August

LordPhantomhive

Awards

according to neogaf that figure doesn't include the MOM edistion, with it KH3D is over 200k, which is better i guess. The fact that its released so early in the 3DS lifetime might give it better legs than BBS

Hm can't seem to find that there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Vita doesn't have much of a catalogue, sadly. It's suffering the same thing that has happened to Sony in this current gen (PS3 + PSP)

Shockingly, the PSP had a long life for a floundering system xD

Sony needs to realize that they need a good slate of promised games to bring people in. I'd love a Vita, but there are only two games I can think of that I want that aren't remakes or HD collections, or PS1 classics. :|

darkheart709

Bronze Member

Hm can't seem to find that there.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - NPD August 2012 Sales Results [Up2: Kingdom Hearts 3DS, NSMB2]

for the less than 40k they are talking about Vita

Vita doesn't have much of a catalogue, sadly. It's suffering the same thing that has happened to Sony in this current gen (PS3 + PSP)

Shockingly, the PSP had a long life for a floundering system xD

Sony needs to realize that they need a good slate of promised games to bring people in. I'd love a Vita, but there are only two games I can think of that I want that aren't remakes or HD collections, or PS1 classics. :|

the PSP's life was mainly due to it's sales in Japan

LordPhantomhive

Awards

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Vita's in a rough catch-22: it needs more high profile games to be successful but no wants to make games for a system that isn't successful.

Realistically, I'm not seeing it survive a full lifespan.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Welp, see, now I feel stupid as all.

Anyway, regardless of anything else, it still placed #3 in sales and it's not as far behind BBS as some people have been claiming, which is mainly what I was looking to confirm. For a 3DS game that isn't Mario-related, looks to be doing well enough. Thanks for this info person who got it waaaay before me. x'D

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Vita's in a rough catch-22: it needs more high profile games to be successful but no wants to make games for a system that isn't successful.

Realistically, I'm not seeing it survive a full lifespan.

It doesnt help that it cant play games from the previous gen system

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

It doesnt help that it cant play games from the previous gen system
Well it can play some of them.

Actually I don't think of lacking BC as an issue. New systems should be concerned with new games, not the old ones.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well it can play some of them.

Actually I don't think of lacking BC as an issue. New systems should be concerned with new games, not the old ones.

Exactly, and the thing Sony is pushing with the Vita is that it can make your old games look great and HD remasters!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

At first glance I would have disagreed, but Sony does fine without BC in the PS3. When it was first taken out people raged everywhere and swore it would kill the PS3 in the long run, but years down the road, the PS3 has sold better now with no BC than when it first came out with BC (that isn't probably do to BC but rather a better lineup of game and third party support).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back