• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The Novel Cover Art Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

More and more Kingdom Hearts products are making their way to shelves as the holidays and Kingdom Hearts 3's release loom closer. In November, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The Novel written by Tomoco Kanemaki and illustrated by manga artist Shiro Amano will release in English for the first time in the West.

The Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days novel initially released as a trilogy in Japan and provided more in-depth story and characterization to the overall story of the video game.

Check out the cover art and links to pre-order below:

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days: The Novel
Page Count: 448
Price: $20 USD
Release Date: November 27th, 2018

It's only been seven days since Roxas was told by the Organization to look after a new Nobody. Though this newcomer's face and body is hidden by a hood, Roxas spends many meaningful days with this mysterious stranger...

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository (Free Shipping Worldwide) | Books-A-Million | Indiebound | TargetWalmart

Consider spending this holiday season reading the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days novel as a way to pass the time while waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3! 

Remember to pre-order the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep novel set to release March 2019! Also, don't forget to pick up a copy of Kingdom Hearts: The NovelChain of Memories: The NovelKingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 & Volume 2, and the Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Megavoltage

Awards
Does RAX meet Pluto and Xion squees all over him like in the manga? If the novel doesn't incorporate those scenes I'll be disappointed.

Hirokey123

Awards
IIRC no but we do get more Xion and Riku scenes and flesh out her time with him more, including where he took her to chill since he couldn't take her back to the mansion.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Always excited to see Days get some more lovin'. I can't wait to read what new details Tomoco has for us. And it's nice we'll get it in omnibus form (it just made the year waiting after KHII harder). Though, BBS has a shorter release window, maybe they are working on them simultaneously. I remember being confused by the 2016 announcement. Apparently Days (like CoM) is bundled all into one, but only BBS's first two of three novels are going to be merged?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Always excited to see Days get some more lovin'. I can't wait to read what new details Tomoco has for us. And it's nice we'll get it in omnibus form (it just made the year waiting after KHII harder). Though, BBS has a shorter release window, maybe they are working on them simultaneously. I remember being confused by the 2016 announcement. Apparently Days (like CoM) is bundled all into one, but only BBS's first two of three novels are going to be merged?

Birth By Sleep will be one omnibus at around 416 pages, actually.

After BBS we should be getting the short stories, and then hopefully they will announce coded, KH3D, and then UX.

We are so lucky that KH3 will likely have rereleases and new content throughout 2019 so these novels will continue to be relevant.

Xelruna

Yayyy, novels! I can't wait to read them~ Thanks for providing links for the rest of the novels too! So excite to dive into all the introspection that the game can't cover.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Birth By Sleep will be one omnibus at around 416 pages, actually.

Oh, that's great then. Wow, Days is actually longer! It always makes me laugh when people get confused why we even touched on Days in manga or novel form. There's a lot of exposition and character dynamics that really help cement some otherwise 2D cast members.

After BBS we should be getting the short stories, and then hopefully they will announce coded, KH3D, and then UX.

We are so lucky that KH3 will likely have rereleases and new content throughout 2019 so these novels will continue to be relevant.

Really looking forward to Re:coded and 3D too. Hopefully they can clarify some otherwise foggy details (that may or may not be explained in KHIII). Also, it might just be me, but I'm ready to strike the word relevant from use for a day (in the context that we use it consistently around here like social media/marketing drones. ilu, Spocks

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

That was one worry I had myself, but you're totally right. There's almost certainly going to be some additional content throughout next year, whether it be DLC, Nintendo Switch ports, or maybe even an eventual KH3 Final Mix once any DLC is finished. So any merchandise will continue to hit shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back