• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Saddest game of the year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XkeybladerXX

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Not me. Maybe that's because I knew what Xion was before I played the game or that I was only really paying attention to Xigbar. Everything else was like, a slog. I think the only time I felt sad in the series was when Roxas "died" in II. His words were quite touching.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Honestly, though Xion's existence as a puppet was a bit sad, I didn't find the game particularly teary.
The "sad" bits, while obviously intended to be sorrowful, didn't elicit much of a reaction from me. However, what's true for one person might be vastly different for another, so I can still see how Days could be viewed as having a very sad plotline.

State

Awards
Honestly, though Xion's existence as a puppet was a bit sad, I didn't find the game particularly teary.

I concur. It would have been a bit sadder if the other members of the Organization knew about it and treated her like shit, but alas, they found much, much later.

Also, when I read the thread's title, I thought someone was saying that the game stinked. :S

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I agree it was pretty sad, but saddest game of the year? Um, no :/
I didn't cry at all, mainly because I already knew who Xion was.

Gram

Banned
Awards
days had my vote til i saw the scene between axel and roxas after the roxas battle on FM

HerGuitar

To be honest, I didn't shed a single tear but I did feel sympathetic towards Roxas in the scene where Xion "poops", if you catch my drift. I was playing on an airplane though, so maybe the sad music didn't get to me because the engines were roaring so loud. xD

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It was sad when Xion died, but I don't think it was sad enough to make saddest game of the year. Sorry Xion >.>

Sora1915

Bronze Member
I dont see how this can be made saddest game of the year just for xion.
Xion deserved to die :mad:
I personally believe the sad part lays with axel
That's your opinion sir >>; I would add a "I think" before deserved because I strongly disagree >>;

But anyway I bawled me eyes out xD I too have never cried my eyes out that much over a fictional character ^^;

Abysmal

While I don't think 358/2 was THE saddest game of the year, I do think it was rather emotional.
I didn't cry, but after seeing the fates of Roxas, Xion, and Axel, which weren't exactly uplifting or positive in any sense, I spent the rest of the day in an unexplainable gloom. XD
After the credits, when it shows Roxas looking up at Sora in the pod--gah, I'm pretty sure my heart broke. ;___;

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I didn't cry, but after seeing the fates of Roxas, Xion, and Axel, which weren't exactly uplifting or positive in any sense, I spent the rest of the day in an unexplainable gloom. XD

Yeah, I think this is it: 358/2 Days is hard to describe as sad, because it's not really a tearjerker in the usual sense. The mood shift is too gradual for that - by the time the worst stuff happens, there's not really enough left for tears, leaving you with a sense of gloom and emptiness instead.

Then again, I still have no idea what game came out this year that would have been more qualified. Looking at Wikipedia's list of games that were released in 2009, there's a severe lack of games with any storytelling ambitions whatsoever. Unless someone's able to make a convincing game for one of the FPSes with cinematic aspirations (rather unlikely, in my opinion), I think 358/2 Days wins by default.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
358/2 Days was pretty emotional. Especially at the end. Not much surprise it made Saddest Game of the Year, imo.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I dont see how this can be made saddest game of the year just for xion.
Xion deserved to die :mad:
I personally believe the sad part lays with axel
:lol: I think the sad part lays with Roxas. One of his friends died and he lost his friendship withhis other friend.

Not me. Maybe that's because I knew what Xion was before I played the game or that I was only really paying attention to Xigbar. Everything else was like, a slog. I think the only time I felt sad in the series was when Roxas "died" in II. His words were quite touching.
I loved the last thing he said before Sora woke up :cool:
Days was sad because Roxas lost his friends, IMO. And the music added sadness.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
It's basically the music. That was really the only part that made me feel sad, now that I actually looked the cutscene over. Otherwise I only felt pained, but not really sad (it added to character development).

everydaygamer

i thought the game was pretty darn sad.

besides as another person pointed out was there some other game that deserved it more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back