• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days [4K] In-Depth Gameplay Comparison

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki95

[video]https://youtu.be/1f4TpLCd2fI[/video]

A game I believe is important to the Kingdom Hearts series and needs a HD remaster to do it justice, I've put together a 4K comparison of 358/2 Days to the native 240x160 screen of the Nintendo DS.

This game looks great and matches in my opinion, the graphics Birth by Sleep and so this was just an experiment to see if anyone thinks this game really does deserve a HD console remaster or it should fade away into the shadows of deep KH lore.

Regardless, have a wonderful day people!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Wow, amazing work. Axel's face looks so wonky in 4K lol.

Question: Why does Roxas's hood not render in 4K? It's still pixelated. I see some other assets not rendering in 4K too. Any reason for this? sorry, I did not watch the whole thing

Aki95

Thanks so much, as this game was optimised specifically for 260p screens, you can see a lot of errors in design from characters and environments. The developers most likely thought there’s no way anyone can notice at such a small resolution. Some funny oddities can be seen in 4K such as part of Larxene’s head missing (seems like they didn’t do their due dilligance when designing her character) and as you said Roxas’s hood not being fully rendered with him. Affects most characters except Xion surprisingly.
Wow, amazing work. Axel's face looks so wonky in 4K lol.

Question: Why does Roxas's hood not render in 4K? It's still pixelated. I see some other assets not rendering in 4K too. Any reason for this? sorry, I did not watch the whole thing

Lisaralin

Awards
Amazing.
This game needs a serious remake, the HD movie compilation leaves out a lot and doesn't give it justice.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The video really would have benefited from one or no bgm tracks at all. They were competing with your voice, and the two music tracks clashed with each other on top of that. I stopped about a minute in which is a shame, because I really wanted to engage. I just couldn't do it anymore. All that being said, I think what you've managed to do looks pretty interesting! I could help you replace the audio tracks if you are having trouble editing, but hopefully your full playthrough vids won't suffer from the same fate, because I'd check them out.

Aki95

I’ll definitely keep that in mind, thanks so much!
The video really would have benefited from one or no bgm tracks at all. They were competing with your voice, and the two music tracks clashed with each other on top of that. I stopped about a minute in which is a shame, because I really wanted to engage. I just couldn't do it anymore. All that being said, I think what you've managed to do looks pretty interesting! I could help you replace the audio tracks if you are having trouble editing, but hopefully your full playthrough vids won't suffer from the same fate, because I'd check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back