• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 will release on January 29th 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
If it is actually a 3 month delay, that is serious. Balancing issues could have been easily patched but no, the YouTubers had to complain about everything.
It seems a little pessimistic to blame the YouTubers for giving feedback - which is partly what they were invited to the Premier Event for in the first place. This push back to the beginning of 2019 would suggest that they may well have taken that feedback into account. Besides, can you imagine how many people would complain about them releasing the game with a butt-ton of balancing issues, and then proceeding to patch it a few days after, as opposed to delaying it while they tweak things before the release? They can't win either way, but this method at least will save them some flak.

We'll never know what their intended release date was now, and it's better to forget about it and save yourself a headache. This date is hardly a month after the end of 2018, and it's an actual date. We didn't have that before. Sure, it's a bit of a bummer that it's not 2018, but if this is what they need to polish the game off a bit more, then I'm more than happy to let them take their time.

Zul

Awards
Not surprised in the slightest, nor would I be if it ended up being delayed to around May or so. That's just how it is when it comes to software development.

I would expect some people to be surprised though considering how much they doubled down on 2018.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If it is actually a 3 month delay, that is serious. Balancing issues could have been easily patched but no, the YouTubers had to complain about everything.

This is why I think the packed holiday release schedule also had an effect on the decision.

I said it several times that if they were planning a November/December release date, any delays would push it into 2019.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
This is why I think the packed holiday release schedule also had an effect on the decision.

I said it several times that if they were planning a November/December release date, any delays would push it into 2019.
i dont think think they took the crtism to heart

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Do we have confirmation there were new worlds in the trailer?
No new worlds were shown.

The release date thing is funny to me. I don't really care that much except that I think people should be more careful moving forward about making statements about what will or won't happen with this game. There were a lot of folks who were super sure it wouldn't get delayed and now everyone's defensive because it did. For real, the cynics and naysayers were right. I don't think anyone's happy about it per se, but that doesn't change the facts. They kind of have I told you so rights imo.

Hopefully this new release date sticks.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com

Agreed. I honestly doubt it was just the fault of the feedback from the Premiere event like some people are saying. They had to have some time accounted for to make fixes, and maybe underestimated how much they'd have to do.

notnow123487

Awards

The release date thing is funny to me. I don't really care that much except that I think people should be more careful moving forward about making statements about what will or won't happen with this game. There were a lot of folks who were super sure it wouldn't get delayed and now everyone's defensive because it did. For real, the cynics and naysayers were right. I don't think anyone's happy about it per se, but that doesn't change the facts. They kind of have I told you so rights imo.

I mean people saying November sure that was definitely somewhat reasonable. The people that thought this game was coming out in July or September were out of their mind. Honestly, just look internally about what we had seen of this game up until last month (even last month it was a very specific vertical slice of the early game). Really think about it. We’ve barely seen anything of this game and nothing from after the entry circuit of worlds up until this point. The warning signs were all there. One month is not a significant amount of time, but there’s no way their goal was ever any sooner than november.

The minor polish from an extra month is not going to have any significant gameplay changes that the youtubers complained about. The gameplay is still going to be floaty.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I am fine with this, I didn't exactly expect it but yeah it's really only a month over what I was expecting so that's fine.

I dunno if I believe it has to do with the YouTube feedback specifically. Maybe, if they weren't planning on changing on of it? I mean I had some issues with what I saw so I just hope they change those for sure. I guess since they were so adamant about a release date being released this month I dunno if I by into this not being planned at least the past few weeks/months.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's funny people are super curious about Kairi's hairstyle, lol. Did she grow it out of keep it short

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

It's just this "OMGAWD IT CHANGED BY A MONTH THE SKY IS FALLING" attitude that pisses me off tbh. Like, calm down and take a deep breath. Let's think this through. A lot of people are saying that "it was delayed 3 months", yet we never were told it was coming out in October. Sure, we had a release window, but nothing more. Being pushed back a month is god damn child's play, I've seen games get so much worse. There's no use speculating about what the "official date" was, and there's no use whining about waiting just one more month for this game to come out. Like, seriously, it's coming out. The YouTuber's can tell you that much.

It's also this dismissive attitude towards the people who playtested the game. Some people have said that "if those YouTuber's shut their damn mouths, we'd have the game this year", but there's some issues to that: we don't know if that would be true at all, and, if it was pushed back to listen to their concerns and improve the game, THAT'S NOT A BAD THING. Like, seriously, I know this is a vocal minority, but damn is this attitude just completely stupid. Why the fuck someone would rather have a subpar somewhat broken button masher instead of an improved, quality KH game is beyond me. Guess some people can't wait a month.

(Also really don't care about that Japan v world debate. Y'all can wait four days sit down)

Awards
Apparently Lea was just in the Org coat. No new outfit. I'm assuming Kairi was in her new outfit, and I've heard nothing about her hairstyle. Phantom Aqua was also there and there was a Kingdom Key designed like a Star Seeker.
PHANTOM AQUA IS BACK?!

AND A THIRD KINGDOM KEY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back