• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 will release on January 29th 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Lmaoooooo lmaoooo lol yeah I'm fine with this
I didn't expect it to be pushed to early 2019, but I have no problem with this, knowing the release date is honestly a blessing now xD

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I won't lie and say that I am a little peeved at this. I mean, maybe I misread but they said it was definitely coming out this year. I don't know, I guess I'm just disappointed. At this point, I don't know if I can trust gaming companies when it comes to release dates and when they announce things. I mean, the fact that everyone was saying it was going to get delayed as mostly a joke and it actually did. It's a little embarrassing to be honest.

I understand things getting delayed is normal (movies get pushed back all the time) but I feel like this has been an issue for a while with gaming. Maybe there isn't a clear way for companies to know when exactly things will release but it is starting to get a little annoying. Announce dates and years when you know for sure when it'll be. Maybe I'm in the minority but I rather be in the dark and not know until YOU know for sure then be told something and then be disappointed later. Maybe I'm acting entitled I don't know. Maybe bugs and glitches happened. I'm not a developer so I don't know. I guess I can't help but be disappointed since I've waited this long.

Oh well, at least we know. I'm still getting the game regardless and it's a few more months anyway.

notnow123487

Awards
Honestly, I'm not really upset by the fact that it's been delayed. It's only 3 months later than we expected so really it's fine. Avoiding spoilers for 4 days is gonna be tough though.

Why people are griping about it on twitter is beyond me. We've waited 5 years (most of which I will guarantee were spent in pre-production) we can wait 3 more months....

3 months later than we expected? I thought December was the soonest we saw this so it’s only a month difference for me.

Beamer

Awards
3 months later than we expected? I thought December was the soonest we saw this so it’s only a month difference for me.
Oh, I was under the impression it was either September or December. Either way, the point is it that it won't be that long.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I understand things getting delayed is normal (movies get pushed back all the time) but I feel like this has been an issue for a while with gaming. Maybe there isn't a clear way for companies to know when exactly things will release but it is starting to get a little annoying. Announce dates and years when you know for sure when it'll be. Maybe I'm in the minority but I rather be in the dark and not know until YOU know for sure then be told something and then be disappointed later. Maybe I'm acting entitled I don't know. Maybe bugs and glitches happened. I'm not a developer so I don't know. I guess I can't help but be disappointed since I've waited this long.

A number of issues can come up, even last minute, when developing games. There's also speculation that they had to make a lot of changes from the feedback from the demo. I'm guessing they didn't account for that when releasing the 2018 release or underestimated how much they had to change. If it was just "bugs and glitches" it probably wouldn't have pushed the game back for 1-3 months or they could have just released a day-one patch.

Vegito

Awards
Man, I'll be 30 years old next year! That's a bummer, that we won't have it this year...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Laughing my butt off about how people manage to whine and bitch about literally everything in the KH community.
Instead of being glad they probably actually cared about the feedback from the first impression event, they cry about like 1~3 months of delay that might give us a much better game. Delicious, really.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I won't lie and say that I am a little peeved at this. I mean, maybe I misread but they said it was definitely coming out this year. I don't know, I guess I'm just disappointed. At this point, I don't know if I can trust gaming companies when it comes to release dates and when they announce things. I mean, the fact that everyone was saying it was going to get delayed as mostly a joke and it actually did. It's a little embarrassing to be honest.

Oh well, at least we know. I'm still getting the game regardless and it's a few more months anyway.

Holy SHIT calm down a little bit. They only released a window to begin with, and they announced the slight pushback more than half a year in advance of the game coming out, something some companies don't even have the courtesy of doing sometimes. Besides, it's literally in the first month of 2019 so it's really not that big of a deal. It could be waaaay worse, and so far Square Enix has been open and honest with us about it.

The only big mistake Enix made here is that they announced the game far too early, and Nomura admits that that was the case. If it was announced at D23 2014, I feel like this entire situation would be a lot different. If you look from the first Unreal Engine trailer, though, the game has only taken, like, 3-4 years? That's impressive for a universe of this size being entirely re-rendered.

notnow123487

Awards

You clearly don’t understand what development is like for any field in software. Software engineering will always have delays. It’s not like any other industry. The way problems come up in software development, there’s no way to accurately estimate production time like other industries like film. It’s just a completely different beast and there’s no way to control it. I would be grateful it’s only delayed a month.

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
ea3.jpg

I honestly dont know how to feel about this on one hand after the better part of a decade and a half we finally have a release date, on the other its not November, i just hope they announce some sort of collectors edition for it, il be content then

UltimaXOmega

Laughing my butt off about how people manage to whine and bitch about literally everything in the KH community.
Instead of being glad they probably actually cared about the feedback from the first impression event, they cry about like 1~3 months of delay that might give us a much better game. Delicious, really.

If it is actually a 3 month delay, that is serious. Balancing issues could have been easily patched but no, the YouTubers had to complain about everything.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Here's to hope we get trailers of Kingdom Hearts III not only at E3 but of course at Gamescom and especially Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa this year. It still surprises me that Kingdom Hearts III has YET to make an OFFICIAL appearance at those events (Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa).

The Pixar rat is in. Hopefully as a world.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ratatouile will be the third Pixar-themed world following Toy Story and Monster's Inc.

Last edited:

notnow123487

Awards
If it is actually a 3 month delay, that is serious. Balancing issues could have been easily patched but no, the YouTubers had to complain about everything.

Haha please tell me more about how it’s a 3 month delay. It’s a one month delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back