• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Ultimania to release on February 28, 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I wonder if we get a CE Prima Guide instead of this again. They haven't even announced it yet and the game comes out in a month. I highly doubt SE will release a english version. They need a english publisher who's willing to do it kinda like how Darkhorse is releasing the FF Ultimanias right now.

Ugh I really want a guide by the time the game comes out. It's useful at times.

I don't believe there will be a guide since Prima announced they were closing down just recently. I believe Smash Ultimate was one of their last guides ever.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
For the love of all that is sacred, please Nomura, try to tell the entire story that needs to be told in the game, and do not relegate the rest of it to interviews.
^ When I heard the news, I was like "Oh boy! I can't wait for it to explain something that would have taken the game 10 seconds to do!"

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
"At the end of the confrontation, we see Sora looking at Xehanort as the latter fades away. Does that mean our troubles with the old man have ceased?"
"At that moment, Xehanort was transmitting the whole battle to Luxu using the yellow eyes. One of Xehanort's powers is that upon being defeated he can be reborn as a Kingdom Hearts and act as Luxu's source of power. Xehanort's final owrds, "It's all over", meant to signify that it was all over for Sora and that the Luxu saga can now begin."

Shogo-Kun

Awards
"At the end of the confrontation, we see Sora looking at Xehanort as the latter fades away. Does that mean our troubles with the old man have ceased?"
"At that moment, Xehanort was transmitting the whole battle to Luxu using the yellow eyes. One of Xehanort's powers is that upon being defeated he can be reborn as a Kingdom Hearts and act as Luxu's source of power. Xehanort's final owrds, "It's all over", meant to signify that it was all over for Sora and that the Luxu saga can now begin."

You know, I wouldn't put it past Nomura to do something like that... 😄

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This is too believable to be funny.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just figured the game would end with them opening the box and “pop” goes the Master and he’s like “congratulations, you won!” like a pop up ad.

Aurora Lark

Awards
This looks pretty interesting! And they did it for all the other games too? If theres important info in there I hope it gets translated

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm excited. I love the Ultimanias. The interviews are of course exciting, but I'm also really looking forward to seeing all the concept art for the game. ahhh. I'm also really looking forward to the Main Interview in particular, the one that goes into the actual development of the game and the choices they made. That's sure to be really interesting this time. Can't wait.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I honestly thought this was real, and would make a good ending to Xehanort, seeing as how Nomura loves his character. But this is like pulling a Sigma/Sigma Virus from the Megaman X subfranchise, haha.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can't wait to get more questions than answers as per usual. Do the Ultimania's usually have an official translation?

SerDuncan

Shoot, I just made a thread about this, didn't realize people were still talking about it here D:

... but here, this is where I stand on the Ultimania:

So KH3 Ultimania isn't even out yet, we've still got two weeks before the release. I'm as excited as the rest of you for translations, scans, all that good stuff... but I think I have an issue I want to address... and discuss, hopefully.

The first is pretty simple: As much as I love previous KH Ultimania, I really don't want this book to be full of explanations and corrections for KH3. As a few people on this forum and elsewhere have come to feel, KH3 had a lot of writing issues and numerous plot holes. I've seen a couple of people talking about how they hope the Ultimania clarifies/fixes/explains these issues, and I gotta be honest... that would really piss me off. Now before anything else, I just want to make it clear that if you want the Ultimania to be that way, I don't think you're stupid or anything, I just disagree with that. I'm a firm believer that a game should be able to stay within it's own media and hold on it's own. Since Kingdom Hearts is a video game, I don't see why Nomura couldn't just answer these questions in the game itself. If he purposefully didn't answer questions because he was saving it for the book, that's just scummy. When you look at some of the better companions to video games out there, like art books, or Zelda's Hyrule Historia, they always serve as an extension of the game. They serve as expansions to the world, that aren't necessarily canon but are fun and can help expand the world. They aren't a piece of duct tape you slap onto an unfinished game to fix the issues you were too lazy/rushed/past budget to solve before the release of a game. So as much as it would be comforting for Nomura to do this with the Ultimania and the many issues in KH3... I think it would feel like an insult to me and the fanbase more than the love letter to fans it's supposed to be.

Does anybody else feel this way? Or, conversely, do you hope the Ultimania gives you the answers KH3 wasn't able to? Or did you think Kh3 was fine as is? I mean, either way I'm still at least a little excited for what the book offers us, even if it's not what I would want

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Ultimanias being full of stuff not or poorly addressed in the games is by now a staple of the series that started already as far back as the very first Kingdom Hearts.

For example, the information that multiple Keyblade Wielders exist and thus debunking the widely spread fan interpretation that Sora is THE ONLY Keyblade bearer in the whole universe was something addressed only in the Ultimania.

Since that is the case I find it a little weird to only start and complain about it now.

Of course having all the necessary information and context covered by the games themselves would be the most convenient and logical way to go, but that goal has been never reached.
Considering that KH III falls in some of the same pitfalls the other titles did and has yet again the biggest problems when it comes to the presentation of the original plot stuff even if it has some improvements over older titles like KH II it is somewhat logical to expect the same way of doing things another time.

Personally I'd rather see some clarifications and better context explanations from the Ultimania than having nothing at all to go with.

SerDuncan

The Ultimanias being full of stuff not or poorly addressed in the games is by now a staple of the series that started already as far back as the very first Kingdom Hearts.

For example, the information that multiple Keyblade Wielders exist and thus debunking the widely spread fan interpretation that Sora is THE ONLY Keyblade bearer in the whole universe was something addressed only in the Ultimania.

Since that is the case I find it a little weird to only start and complain about it now.

Of course having all the necessary information and context covered by the games themselves would be the most convenient and logical way to go, but that goal has been never reached.
Considering that KH III falls in some of the same pitfalls the other titles did and has yet again the biggest problems when it comes to the presentation of the original plot stuff even if it has some improvements over older titles like KH II it is somewhat logical to expect the same way of doing things another time.

Personally I'd rather see some clarifications and better context explanations from the Ultimania than having nothing at all to go with.

I get what you mean, about the previous books and all. I guess with those books, the information was less... relevant, almost? Like Sora being the only keyblade wielder or not doesn't really affect the plot too terribly, I think.

But if the KH3 Ultimania, for example explains
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And you misunderstand! I still would rather have KH3 Ultimania that explains this stuff, rather than nothing at all. But it's just really frustrating that as fans, this is what we have to turn to. And it's not even clear if it'll come to the West yet, as far as I'm aware, so that could potentially mean a good chunk of the fanbase would miss out on these crucial plot details.

Of course, this is all... what ifs, and presumptions. I might be working myself up over nothing. Like usual.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
hopefully Nomura will explain just how pissed off Mickey Mouse was when Riku wouldn't tell him about that one memory

Back