• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 tops sales charts for January 2019!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS III has been performing quite well after its release on January 29th, 2019 (25th in Japan). Despite releasing in the last few days of the month, this long-awaited installment has not only pushed over 5 million shipped units, but also topped the charts in various regions.

Per the NPD Group, Kingdom Hearts III was the best-selling game of January 2019 in the United States and was the first time a Kingdom Hearts game has topped the best-sellers chart since Kingdom Hearts II in April 2006. It came in at #1 in Playstation 4 sales charts, and placed 2nd for Xbox One. The total launch month dollar sales for the game were also 2.5x that of Kingdom Hearts II, the previous franchise record holder. Kingdom Hearts III is the second-biggest launch for a Square Enix game in history, following Final Fantasy XV.

Media Create reported that Kingdom Hearts III topped the charts in Japan in the week of its release with 610,077 units sold. As of the latest report covering the week of February 11th-17th, it has since sold an additional 145,733 units, making a total of 755,810 units.

In terms of digital downloads, several updates have been provided on the game's performance in multiple regions:

• North America: #1 Top Download in the Playstation Store for January 2019
  • EU: #6 Top Download in the Playstation Store for January 2019
  • Australia: #1 Top Download in the Playstation Store for weeks ending on February 3rd and 10th

gamesindustry.biz also reports that Kingdom Hearts III also saw major success in the U.K. and EMEAA (Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa) for the week of its debut. More specifically in the U.K., it marked the first time a Kingdom Hearts game has topped the charts and is the most successful launch on record for the series.

With strong performance, glowing reviews and good word-of-mouth, it's only natural that Kingdom Hearts III will continue to exceed expectations. The development team should be very proud of the incredible work they've accomplished, and we look forward to seeing what they have in store for us in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eonstar890

Awards
So happy this means the franchise is still gonna be strong years into the future :’)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Great news. Nomura and his team should be proud of themselves.

The success of KH3 is all the more reason for the series to continue past the Xehanort saga. Just imagine how much the next major title will sell

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Great news. Nomura and his team should be proud of themselves.

The success of KH3 is all the more reason for the series to continue past the Xehanort saga. Just imagine how much the next major title will sell
Well that depends if a lot people didn't jump ship after this :eek:

Awards
Such great news! Even if some fans decide to leave now, there are still plenty of fans and other people to keep the series going! I hadn't even played Kingdom Hearts until the HD remasters came out, so I'm living proof that there are some newcomers who really got into the series. I understand some of the complaints people had with KH3, but overall I thought it was excellent. Definitely not perfect, but none of the Kingdom Hearts games have been "perfect". I still love the Kingdom Hearts games for their beautiful artwork, characters, music, and overall intriguing story. Kingdom Hearts III increased the amount of beauty and heart to be found in the series for me. I for one, am very much looking forward to the future of Kingdom Hearts!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This is truly incredible for the series. I imagine KH3’s budget was determined in part by previous entires’ sales, so hopefully the next entry will get a bigger one as a result of KH3’s performance.

NoWay

Awards
But how much did this game sell in total worldwide?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is exactly what I expected, I'm proud of the Kingdom Hearts team for what they have created, a fun experience! I hope this gives Kingdom Hearts the momentum it needs to further expand its potential for the future.

Well that depends if a lot people didn't jump ship after this :eek:

I mean, they can go ahead and try, but then they'll just fall right back into the arms of the franchise and play the next entry.

Askelon

Wow that's a big number! I wonder in these 5 millions how many started the series with KH3.

Master Alkar

I'm ecstatic to see the game do so well, it's brought old fans together and adding onto the PS4 remasters new fans have already gotten into the franchise! I really hope they favor this game like they did FF15, no one would be opposed to more KH3 content in the future, with DLC there's a lot of possibilities for the game to expand now and with the Xehanort Saga concluded the next major entry will have a lot of creative freedoms to do whatever it is next. I definitely plan to stick around continuing to be a longtime fan to see whats in store for the future, I just hope KH4 won't make us wait nearly as long or gets branched off into a 17 year long arc spread across various consoles ^^'

Back