• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Megavoltage

Awards
Speaking of that, anyone else notice how Sora is treated like a failure by nearly everyone?
That confused me. It was weird how throughout the entire story Sora was treated like an unimportant weakling when he was the one doing all the real work and saving everyone else repeatedly. Is he an weak underdog or a golden god? You can't have it be both at the same time.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora probably used the new Genie summon to rewind time.

Well I think reports say something about losing your memory when "jumping worldlines", which seems to be akin to traveling to a different reality? So it was probably our first on screen occurrence of that. And something that seems like its gonna happen a lot more, at least in regards to literally everyone from UX lol.

Yeah i wanted to chalk it up to being lazy but knowing numora he likes to make every little detail point towards something and thats probably it

Awards
That confused me. It was weird how throughout the entire story Sora was treated like an unimportant weakling when he was the one doing all the real work and saving everyone else repeatedly. Is he an weak underdog or a golden god? You can't have it be both at the same time.
It doesn't even come off as funny. It just feels mean-spirited.

Especially when Donald and Goofy just shove him away/slam his face against a seat just because Mickey walks in/calls them on the phone.

Like, guys, you just saw Mickey yesterday/a few hours ago. I can just barely understand the RoD bit but the second bit was just freaking unnecessary.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Just because you cant have it both ways doesn't mean they wont try.

Sora has frequently kind of been framed to be more likely to just succeed by winging it and blundering, instead of skillfully assessing the situation and mastering it.

And to be fair Riku and Kairi always teasingly made fun of Sora's more incompetent streak since kh1 or 2. Before kh1 he might have actually been helpless with out them, relying on them to say what they'll be doing etc.

In KH3 everyone joins in on the teasing and it gets blown out of porportion. It isn't helped by the fact that characters that are usually shown as cool, skillful and in control aren't allowed to succeed in this game.

Megavoltage

Awards
It doesn't even come off as funny. It just feels mean-spirited.

Especially when Donald and Goofy just shove him away/slam his face against a seat just because Mickey walks in/calls them on the phone
They were especially obnoxious in this game but I don't think it's just KH3. When I really think about it I never felt like Sora especially liked Goofy and Donald, like he wouldn't actually hangout with them unless weird adventures kept shoving them into his life. Hyuck and Quack might help keep his spirits high like during CoM but he'd still rather hangout with others. People always bring up that Sora didn't think about Kairi during DDD but he didn't think about Donald and Goofy either, the two that he just had several adventures with. We have spent a majority of the series with this trinity. KH1, CoM, KH2, Recoded(it kind of counts), and now KH3 all spend like 90% of the story with them. So you'd think they'd be super close friends at this point but I'm just not feeling it. If anything I feel bad for Sora because he's stuck with them as his shadow when he'd rather spend time with his keyblade wielding pals and Namine.

NoWay

Awards
A new spoiler about the upcoming DLCs:

In a new DLC we are getting to know how Xion was revived and how she joined the True Organization. Maybe this confirms Xion as a new playable character?

EDIT: Well, it’s not a spoiler anymore :D

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
A new spoiler about the upcoming DLCs:

In a new DLC we are getting to know how Xion was revived and how she joined the True Organization. Maybe this confirms Xion as a new playable character?

EDIT: Well, it’s not a spoiler anymore :D

As awesome as having her be playable would be, I dont think this is all that likely. However this makes me hopeful other characters might also get more screentime and maybe get to do more.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I have a feeling that the dlc that expands on Xion will be linked with Subject X. I got a theory for that I'll post tommorow.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Donald calls going to Olympus a disappointment and a waste of time yet the lesson Sora learned in Olympus is literally the only one that helped with the power of waking junk along with Ven.

Speaking of that, anyone else notice how Sora is treated like a failure by nearly everyone?

His buffoonery in DDD probably soured his reputation.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
They were especially obnoxious in this game but I don't think it's just KH3. When I really think about it I never felt like Sora especially liked Goofy and Donald, like he wouldn't actually hangout with them unless weird adventures kept shoving them into his life. Hyuck and Quack might help keep his spirits high like during CoM but he'd still rather hangout with others. People always bring up that Sora didn't think about Kairi during DDD but he didn't think about Donald and Goofy either, the two that he just had several adventures with. We have spent a majority of the series with this trinity. KH1, CoM, KH2, Recoded(it kind of counts), and now KH3 all spend like 90% of the story with them. So you'd think they'd be super close friends at this point but I'm just not feeling it. If anything I feel bad for Sora because he's stuck with them as his shadow when he'd rather spend time with his keyblade wielding pals and Namine.

Wut.

He literally says in this game that meeting Donald and Goofy when he first lost his home was the best thing that could happen and they made his journey unforgettable. Like I could go on and on about how SDG love each other to pieces, but yeah. They do. I dunno where you are getting this from honestly.

Like I dunno, I think the active teasing between the 3 shows comfort. But I also didn't get the mean spirited vibe from anything. I do think it was a bit much when they slam his head aside to talk to Mickey first, but I think that was just a slightly misguided gag rather than "they disrespect Sora".
It does feel like Nomura wanted to sell how Sora faltered in the last game (which was basically a 30 hour opening for this game). I could see the argument of it being forced at times? But I feel like you have ignore the multitude of times D&G have lifted Sora up and been shown to clearly care deeply for him to have come to this extreme of a conclusion?

kaseykockroach

Awards
There is, in fact, more to friendship than eating ice cream on clock towers. I'm guessing folks here aren't grasping that. Bunch of snot-nosed crybabies probably wouldn't be able to handle that kind of banter in real life because it's "mean".

The Kid

Awards
Some of yall are bugging right now. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are possibly the only genuinely believable group of friends in this series other than Roxas/Axel and Sora/Riku. All this talk about trios and they are easily the best one despite not officially being one.

And Donald/Goofy making fun of Sora was fine lol. Sora was making fun of Donald all game. It's all fun and games.

kaseykockroach

Awards
No, true friends never make jokes. They just tell each other they're each other's light or something like that.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Some of yall are bugging right now. Sora, Donald, and Goofy are possibly the only genuinely believable group of friends in this series other than Roxas/Axel and Sora/Riku. All this talk about trios and they are easily the best one despite not officially being one.

And Donald/Goofy making fun of Sora was fine lol. Sora was making fun of Donald all game. It's all fun and games.

Truth, well mostly lol. I think Xion has a believable and good friendship with Axel and Roxas, just the latter two have had a bit more focus cuz Xion has barely mattered out of Days so far. Its really just Kairi and TAV that have more telling than showing they are actually friends. Though I actually think Aqua's feelings for the boys came through more in 0.2 and 3 did a good reunion scene for them.

And yeah, like...they literally smile half time when they are making the jokes and then they all laugh...like when Donald said he can't count, his response was "LOL that isn't relevant right now Donald ;)" Not "omg, thats rude" so its clear they are all on the same page.

There is, in fact, more to friendship than eating ice cream on clock towers. I'm guessing folks here aren't grasping that. Bunch of snot-nosed crybabies probably wouldn't be able to handle that kind of banter in real life because it's "mean".

I mean...the second part is probably a bit extreme, like there isn't anything wrong with them not doing that sorta stuff with their friends, my main concern is how often people invalidate Donald and Goofy to just pretend like Sora only cares about the KH original characters.

I guess on that note, Riku and Mickey ALSO love each other a lot, and they are just as close as the human characters.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
For Xemnas to travel through time and be put into a replica body would require him having a heart, yeah? I'm pretty that's even mentioned at some point. Except Xemnas didn't have a heart at all until his defeat in KH3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what his death scene implies and I don't know if the journal entries say anything on the matter.

So is this a case of time travel shenanigans where the reason he can time travel is because he gained one in the future through time travel?

Hirokey123

Awards
For Xemnas to travel through time and be put into a replica body would require him having a heart, yeah? I'm pretty that's even mentioned at some point. Except Xemnas didn't have a heart at all until his defeat in KH3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what his death scene implies and I don't know if the journal entries say anything on the matter.

So is this a case of time travel shenanigans where the reason he can time travel is because he gained one in the future through time travel?
He had a heart he just didn't feel any emotion, he was dead inside and has been dead inside for a long time. His complete lack of empathy is what kept him going, he was always so single mindedly focused on his goals that it consumed his ability to think about anything else. What happens in KH3 is Xemnas reaches the point where he no longer has anything. His goals are now about to be completed but he isn't the one who will get to benefit, all he gets to do is forget he ever achieved them and then die in the past trying to do a plan he knows will fail to achieve a goal he already achieved. It puts into perspective empty how his life is, how there no purpose left for him now or frankly ever. His life is one big failure and one long series of repeated losses, "bested yet again" , is how he sadly put it. When you reach the end all there is left is reflection and in that reflection Xemnas finally was able to feel something, but that something was just a crushing loneliness. No one likes him, no one cares about him, he had all kinds of allies and friends and he treated all of them as disposable tools instead of legitimate comrade. So all he feels is loneliness, an emptiness he knows he will never get the chance to fill because any revelations he has here are to be wiped away. He is going to die feeling utterly alone and that is what causes him to finally feel an emotion.

Awards
Well the KH3 Ultimania has released in Japan.

Apparently there wasn't room for Final Fantasy characters in the game for the same reason they weren't in BBS's Radiant Garden. Large amount of characters in the main story. But they did have a polygon model for Leon made.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Well the KH3 Ultimania has released in Japan.

Apparently there wasn't room for Final Fantasy characters in the game for the same reason they weren't in BBS's Radiant Garden. Large amount of characters in the main story. But they did have a polygon model for Leon made.

A wise choice. Seeing how things turned out, I fear the FF crew may have made things more complicated for the story, not that I agree with how things transpired.

Back