• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Askelon

How is Terra supposed to become a master at this point? I thought Eraqus would give him the title before passing on but I guess not, lol

Terra didn't do a lot of thing after beating the shit out of him and getting norted.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Terra didn't do a lot of thing after beating the shit out of him and getting norted.

Not to mention that the last 11ish years are proof that he's not ready to be a Master yet.

His mistakes mostly lead to the evemts of KH transpiring.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I love how useless most of Keyblade Graveyard's party members were. Riku was dying more fighting with me than Donald ever did throughout the entire game! No wonder he couldn't handle the RoD before Sora showed up. Aqua and the Ven/Roxas brothers were the only allies that weren't being KOed! Made it all the more glorious when Donald and Goofy came back.
"Thank god you guys showed up! I've been stuck with Riku this whole time, and he's so weak he couldn't beat his own clone without me healing his butt!"

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I love how useless most of Keyblade Graveyard's party members were. Riku was dying more fighting with me than Donald ever did throughout the entire game! No wonder he couldn't handle the RoD before Sora showed up. Aqua and the Ven/Roxas brothers were the only allies that weren't being KOed! Made it all the more glorious when Donald and Goofy came back.
"Thank god you guys showed up! I've been stuck with Riku this whole time, and he's so weak he couldn't beat his own clone without me healing his butt!"

This actually really bothered me. It kind of ruins the feeling of an epic battle, if you're partners are constantly KO'd. I assumed I was under leveled and that's why it happened, but it seems I'm not the only one it happened to.

Maybe they'll fix that in an update, but I doubt they will.

Askelon

There's a balance they couldn't find. On one hand Riku is constantly KO as is Xion (don t remember for Ven Aqua), on the other hand Roxas just solo kill Saix.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I figure the issue is that you can't exactly go to the menu during battle and equip those party members with armors and accessories that'd give them a needed defense boost. Whereas of course I keep Goofy and Donald up to date with the next-best armors and such (focusing on giving Goofy high strength and Donald any magic boosts).

Awards
There's a balance they couldn't find. On one hand Riku is constantly KO as is Xion (don t remember for Ven Aqua), on the other hand Roxas just solo kill Saix.
From what I saw, Ven, Aqua, Roxas, and Xion are the party members that barely ever get KO'd at all.

kaseykockroach

Awards
All joking aside about "Pft, Riku and Mickey couldn't get the job done, got their keyblades broken, got pulverized by Evil Aqua...and it took Sora like five minutes to do the job", I suppose there's a fine reason why Sora was the one able to save her.

Ventus in his heart. Natch!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I figure the issue is that you can't exactly go to the menu during battle and equip those party members with armors and accessories that'd give them a needed defense boost. Whereas of course I keep Goofy and Donald up to date with the next-best armors and such (focusing on giving Goofy high strength and Donald any magic boosts).
I don't think I had a party member die all game except maybe once or twice at Scala. The party members feel as if they aren't even there most of the time in this game. The only time I even noticed them was in the final battle because I remember almost dying once and Donald's cure saved me, lol.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I play KH games because I'm a lonely friendless man and I like having pals run around and fight alongside me. And to laugh at the cutscenes, I guess. :p
Beyond that, it's just emotionally rewarding to treat my party members kindly. Buy/syth up armors and accessories specifically for D&G, give Donald magic boosts, try to run to D&G before I heal mid-battle (since Cure heals both you and party members within the vicinity in KH2 and 3), etc. I assume Nomura didn't intend for the average player to give my two pals that much attention, but it's pretty much why I play them. And sometimes talk out loud to them. Because I'm insane.
"I know what to do, Sora!"
"Not now, Goofy! That bombarding attack's for crowd control, not really for fighting a boss!"

"Time for some magic!"
"Donald, we just used Flare Force, give it a break!"

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
From what I saw, Ven, Aqua, Roxas, and Xion are the party members that barely ever get KO'd at all.

My Lea also handled himself. Mickey was alright. It was interestingly Riku and Kairi who were dying a ton ha.

I wouldn't mind if they patched them a bit. I mean we know from playing as Riku briefly he has cool attacks. And I saw a video of Kairi's combos and stuff, she looked like she fought fine, would be nice to have it displayed lol.

I play KH games because I'm a lonely friendless man and I like having pals run around and fight alongside me. And to laugh at the cutscenes, I guess. :p
Beyond that, it's just emotionally rewarding to treat my party members kindly. Buy/syth up armors and accessories specifically for D&G, give Donald magic boosts, try to run to D&G before I heal mid-battle (since Cure heals both you and party members within the vicinity in KH2 and 3), etc. I assume Nomura didn't intend for the average player to give my two pals that much attention, but it's pretty much why I play them. And sometimes talk out loud to them. Because I'm insane.
"I know what to do, Sora!"
"Not now, Goofy! That bombarding attack's for crowd control, not really for fighting a boss!"

"Time for some magic!"
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"Donald, we just used Flare Force, give it a break!"
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Aw, I am like this with the party members as well. I freak out when one of them gets KO'd, mostly. KH2 FM on Critical kinda sucks since they lowered Donald and Goofy's health even tho they were already not useful in that game, so it was hard to keep them healthy...this game was the opposite. No one died until I started doing battle gates really. Well, the Gigas messed up the Toy Box characters at first. By the end of the world they handled it better lol.
[/FONT]
I didn't even hear Baymax's faint quote, which is his "low battery" voice from the movie, till I got to the endgame, for instance lol.

kaseykockroach

Awards
That’s the main reason why I don’t bother with KH2’s Critical. Donald wouldn’t be having any fun.

And yeah, the Gigas in Toy Box are brutal!

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Can someone tell me why after the final world, when sora comes back to life, the whole scene was played back again with none of them remembering what happened the first time during their first encounter with Terranort?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Can someone tell me why after the final world, when sora comes back to life, the whole scene was played back again with none of them remembering what happened the first time during their first encounter with Terranort?

Sora probably used the new Genie summon to rewind time.

WhichMaleHawk-size_restricted.gif

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Well I think reports say something about losing your memory when "jumping worldlines", which seems to be akin to traveling to a different reality? So it was probably our first on screen occurrence of that. And something that seems like its gonna happen a lot more, at least in regards to literally everyone from UX lol.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Sora: "It did work."

Donald: "Of course!"

Goofy: "Now point us back at those guys!"

-later-

Xigbar: "We gotta make sure you're not blundering your way toward failure a second time."

Lea: "Blundering? I'll have you know we failed with style, chief."

So they do​ remember, but also...don't.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Donald: "Of course!"

-later-

Xigbar: "We gotta make sure you're not blundering your way toward failure a second time."

Yeah...I mean, all I can gather is they only remember they all got diddlyed, and Lea was being cheeky with what he said...cuz if my dude remembered I don't think he could say that with a straight face lol.

Zul

Awards
Donald: Of course!"
-later-

It seems like the intention was that they do remember, but laziness and/or time constraints just had them re-use chunks of the older scene.

Kind of like how Vanitas's heart of pure darkness in BBS still looks like an orb of light when it comes out of Ven, they didn't recolor it or anything, just went "meh, we have a heart model, let's use that".

Awards
Donald calls going to Olympus a disappointment and a waste of time yet the lesson Sora learned in Olympus is literally the only one that helped with the power of waking junk along with Ven.

Speaking of that, anyone else notice how Sora is treated like a failure by nearly everyone?

Back