• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I feel like... we're kinda giving the writers too much credit here.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm mad, I'm steaming. Why they gotta treat my boy Axel this way. He nearly took out Marluxia on his own, and was able to fight full strength Xion and win. He should at least be able to put up a fight. D:
It's the same selective strain of logic that is applied towards characters like Aqua to formulate a theory for why she's wasted in this title (because now she has PTSD and gets triggered at the sight of darkness) which only has justification insofar as some super surface-level version of the idea may have occurred to Nomura as a convenient method of ornamenting his disastrous plotting, but is ultimately just a way of codifying messages into the material where they function for the script in specific instances rather than being part of a consistent thread that gives growth to any individual character or brings the experience of the ensemble into focus. If Aqua has PTSD, where does it ever get brought to the forefront as something she needs to acknowledge, examine and manage, or does it really just exist so she can get knocked out by a Devil Tornado never to be mentioned again? Yeah, brilliant, it really deepens our understanding of her and gives her levels and stuff. While we're at it, where's Riku's PTSD from the time he got his body stolen by an older man and his heart was forcibly ejected in the blackness of KH Hell-- oh I guess that doesn't meet the criteria. Where's Namine's PTSD from the time she went from being held captive by a narcissist and a sadist to being held captive by a human supremacist (who was also a narcissist and a sadist)-- oh I guess that doesn't meet the criteria. Where's Terra's PTSD from the time he watched his own Master gunned down in front of him, or Ven's PTSD from having his own Master attempt murder on him, or-- nope it's just Aqua? Oh, lol, OK then.

kaseykockroach

Awards
This forum needs a "Like" button so I can like the post above me.

In hindsight, I'd say script-wise, Arendelle is the 'least great' world. And by 'least great', I mean to imply 'not as solid as the others, but I'd take it over anything in KH2 and Deep Jungle in KH1 any day'. But I'd say that world's story is...cooked medium rare. Some often use the term 'half-baked', but in this case, I feel 'medium rare' fits here. Needed more time in the oven. I'd like to offer my take on how I'd re-work things.
Sora, Donald and Goofy arrive in the town of Arendelle, and overhear the folks ranting about how it wasn't always this freezing, until that monster showed up. Our trio, of course, take this literally, and assume the Heartless or Xehanort's minions are responsible for the weather. So we're off to explore the mountains in search of this supposed monster, and we'd come across Anna (and Olaf a little later) on the way. I can easily imagine an exchange where Anna is offended, as the 'monster' they're referring to happens to be her sister.
Goofy (dumbfounded): Your sister's a member of Organization 13!?
Anyway, I suppose things can go from there. I just let myself daydream that for a bit. Also, yes, get rid of Kristoff. KH3 were on the right track barely using Hans at all (since he's the weakest part of that movie), now they just needed to get rid of the romance with Kristoff!

galaxystars

Finally there’s a discussion about this certain character because I definitely need to get some things off my chest about him.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Finally there’s a discussion about this certain character because I definitely need to get some things off my chest about him.
Whoo, what to say that you didn't already.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DRACULA X

Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts Pure Hearts

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
[/QUOTE]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think it was after KH2, actually. And the reason vanilla KH2 ended up as it is was because it was rushed.

Arguably the writing problems started with KH 2 (vanilla) and both the Final Mix as well as the Handheld trinity (Days, Coded, BBS) were intended to solve the mess made by the vanilla KH 2 which was rushed and too reliant on some generic shounen tropes which were "hip" back in the day.
Interestingly, out of the handheld trinity only BBS was initially planned and intended to fill the same spot as CoM did in terms of bridging main games.
Days and Coded were added later.

If I recall correctly during KH 2 there was still Kazushige Nojima involved with the writing as well (and he doesn't have too great of a reputation either for this series) but afterwards it was largely Nomura alone and the Handheld trinity already suffered for it.

Still, there was Daisuke Watanabe partly involved at least with Days and BBS as a scenario writer and him as well as Jun Akiyama (who was involved only with KH 1) were usually credited for doing the more solid writing when it came to the KH series.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I'm doing some post-game content and I just realized my customized shortcut spells never updated and I've been using the weaker versions of each spell during all this time.

I thought that would update automatically once I got a stronger version. I don't see any reason of wanting to use something weaker.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III KINGDOM HEARTS III

Arguably the writing problems started with KH 2 (vanilla) and both the Final Mix as well as the Handheld trinity (Days, Coded, BBS) were intended to solve the mess made by the vanilla KH 2 which was rushed and too reliant on some generic shounen tropes which were "hip" back in the day.
Interestingly, out of the handheld trinity only BBS was initially planned and intended to fill the same spot as CoM did in terms of bridging main games.
Days and Coded were added later.

If I recall correctly during KH 2 there was still Kazushige Nojima involved with the writing as well (and he doesn't have too great of a reputation either for this series) but afterwards it was largely Nomura alone and the Handheld trinity already suffered for it.

Still, there was Daisuke Watanabe partly involved at least with Days and BBS as a scenario writer and him as well as Jun Akiyama (who was involved only with KH 1) were usually credited for doing the more solid writing when it came to the KH series.
They should get these peeps back.
I'm doing some post-game content and I just realized my customized shortcut spells never updated and I've been using the weaker versions of each spell during all this time.

I thought that would update automatically once I got a stronger version. I don't see any reason of wanting to use something weaker.
It's because each spell and its upgrades function differently.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I've mentioned the whole "how I would've done Arendelle" aspect already, but I've found my main issue with that chapter is that the trio don't really form a connection with anyone except Marshmallow. The other characters are all just kind of awkwardly "oh, hi" like they're struggling to remember those three weirdos. Which is a shame, as I could easily imagine, say, a connection between the trio and Elsa had they had more time to hang out before Elsa isolated herself.
But at the same time, I feel it's for the best that SDG didn't get to interfere too much. It would have been a bit insulting to the movie's story if Anna and Elsa needed help from three men to mend their sisterly bond.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go

I've mentioned the whole "how I would've done Arendelle" aspect already, but I've found my main issue with that chapter is that the trio don't really form a connection with anyone except Marshmallow. The other characters are all just kind of awkwardly "oh, hi" like they're struggling to remember those three weirdos. Which is a shame, as I could easily imagine, say, a connection between the trio and Elsa had they had more time to hang out before Elsa isolated herself.
But at the same time, I feel it's for the best that SDG didn't get to interfere too much. It would have been a bit insulting to the movie's story if Anna and Elsa needed help from three men to mend their sisterly bond.

I think SDG interactions with Arendelle are how the development possibly felt with Disney's restrictions: alienated.

kaseykockroach

Awards
So if Aqua was trapped in the realm of darkness for ten years, how did she not starve to death? Was she eating Heartless? Why the hell did Riku and Mickey not bring a sandwich?

Blizzard-

Awards
So if Aqua was trapped in the realm of darkness for ten years, how did she not starve to death? Was she eating Heartless? Why the hell did Riku and Mickey not bring a sandwich?

Sora’s mom was so upset he didn’t come down for dinner, the entire meal fell to darkness. That must’ve been what she ate.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh wow something just occured to me in regards to Terra
Eraqus never named Terra a master. He could have done that before he passed on. That would have been the perfect opportunity too

Laurel

Awards
Eraqus never named Terra a master. He could have done that before he passed on. That would have been the perfect opportunity too

Well thats another thing to add to the long list of missed opportunities in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

kaseykockroach

Awards
Come to think of it, surely Ven was starving once he woke up? No eating for ten years!

Graceful Schemer

Well thats another thing to add to the long list of missed opportunities in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well, for what it's worth,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go Let it go

I think SDG interactions with Arendelle are how the development possibly felt with Disney's restrictions: alienated.

They interfere against the interference, that's good enough, I think.

Back