• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
In regards to Corona, something that confused me was Marluxia and Gothel's first meeting. What exactly did he do to her when he stared into her eyes . Anyone know?
My best guess is that maybe it's part of his flower power and he can influence people with aroma, but I got nothing solid.

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
For me, the worst thing that happened, worse than scenes once again existing solely for having cool stuff in the trailers. Worse than plotlines happening and characters appearing, only to just be forgotten about. Worse than certain characters being idiots. Worse than the very blatant plotholes (how the heck can you forget that Pence is helping Sora, Ansem?) Worse than suddenly introducing a new character for us to pretend to care about. Worse than that easily missable cutscene!

No, what the worst thing was rewinding time after Sora rescued everybody. I don't know how those playing it felt, but as someone who was watching the scenes online I seriously thought the video glitched back. Like, Sora saves everyone, Kairi beings him back. The whole thing is acknowledged, and then events just...repeats itself like everyone forgot what happened.

I just don't see the point of it. Why did this happen? Why not just have them reappear before Terranort and have him get angry at their revival? Could they not afford to make another scene? Why, why, why???

^ This. How can I trust the next game will be better when this one was treated so poorly? Nomura has put himself in a bad position by rushing through the plot of this game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
My best guess is that maybe it's part of his flower power and he an influence people with aroma, but I got nothing solid.

I first I thought it was some sort of manipulation to make Gothel contain Rapunzel. But that doesn't work since that was her goal from the start the scene was just odd and doesnt explain anything, lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In regards to Corona, something that confused me was Marluxia and Gothel's first meeting. What exactly did he do to her when he stared into her eyes . Anyone know?

Good question. Personally, I was confused about that too. Maybe he was gifting her the power of Darkness? Making her fall under his influence? That's all I could think of.

Awards
Everything I've wanted to say about the game has been said already, although to be honest I enjoyed it. That's my ultimate opinion of it, with the sole exception of leaving way too many questions at the end. My biggest beef is the epilogue.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I first I thought it was some sort of manipulation to make Gothel contain Rapunzel. But that doesn't work since that was her goal from the start the scene was just odd and doesnt explain anything, lol.
There's also parts in Corona's story that suffers because they didn't take into consideration the absence of the Stabbington Brothers, the Snuggly Duckling crew, and certain scenes (how did Rapunzel get the satchel back?) So some events and motives now barely make sense. Maybe they just felt like giving Marluxia the same treatment? lol

Everything I've wanted to say about the game has been said already, although to be honest I enjoyed it. That's my ultimate opinion of it, with the sole exception of leaving way too many questions at the end. My biggest beef is the epilogue.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I want to say that Sora survived long enough to come to the beach party and have one last sunset with Kairi.

Ya know? When seeing how Sora rescues everyone, traveling back to every world for a fight, similarly to KH1 where we do that minus the rescuing, seeing Sora sacrifice himself and disappear, KH2 starting with everyone not remembering Sora, and how Nomura has said this game will have something he's wanted to do since the very first game, I got to thinking. What if KH3's finale is the ending he originally wanted to give the first game? If that's the case, I'm concerned we might get a rehashed plot in the next game, but it's just me being all speculating and stuff.

Nukara

Awards
From what I understood from the comments, many are inclined to believe that the story is bad in KH3 and is the gameplay good?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I want to say that Sora survived long enough to come to the beach party and have one last sunset with Kairi.

Ya know? When seeing how Sora rescues everyone, traveling back to every world for a fight, similarly to KH1 where we do that minus the rescuing, seeing Sora sacrifice himself and disappear, KH2 starting with everyone not remembering Sora, and how Nomura has said this game will have something he's wanted to do since the very first game, I got to thinking. What if KH3's finale is the ending he originally wanted to give the first game? If that's the case, I'm concerned we might get a rehashed plot in the next game, but it's just me being all speculating and stuff.

I am inclined to run with this version of things as well.
It would not make sense, especially for Donald, Goofy, Riku, Roxas and Ventus to be happily prancing around and celebrating if they already knew Sora vanished and/or Kairi returned alone.

If Kairi returned alone I doubt they would throw a party at all but start searching for Sora.

To me it looked like Donald and Goofy wanted to jog over to Sora and Kairi to invite them to participate, but Riku and Mickey stop them to allow some alone time for them.
I can't be sure about Riku but I do think Mickey might on the inside know what's about to happen.

As to why Sora vanishes I believe this has to do with him overusing the power of waking by activating it so often in rapid succession and in some part also using it wrong so it taxes his heart more than it would be if used correctly.
In one scene Young Xehanort says that Sora is using the power of waking foolishly which can be translated to not using it correctly. It still produces the desired results (bringing back lost hearts) but in the process Sora puts too much strain on his own heart. Bringing back Kairi was the drop that caused everything to overflow and while they both made it back Sora knew that his own time was limited.

I remember several people on there theorizing that removing [I][B]all[/B][/I] the extra hearts Sora carried might have a weakening effect somewhat and this might be an additional reason to overusing the power of waking, especially if Nomura intends to keep the "ordinary boy" theme around him.

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
There's also parts in Corona's story that suffers because they didn't take into consideration the absence of the Stabbington Brothers, the Snuggly Duckling crew, and certain scenes (how did Rapunzel get the satchel back?) So some events and motives now barely make sense. Maybe they just felt like giving Marluxia the same treatment? lol

So basically my statement about everyone's day being ruined is more likely the case.

In which case, I'm all for a TWEWY crossover, if only for closure. Perhaps a continuation of the scene only everyone realizes Sora is gone, and Mickey tells Riku to go after him, and that's what we see in the secret ending.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I am inclined to run with this version of things as well.
It would not make sense, especially for Donald, Goofy, Riku, I remember several people on there theorizing that removing [I][B]all[/B][/I] the extra hearts Sora carried might have a weakening effect somewhat and this might be an additional reason to overusing the power of waking, especially if Nomura intends to keep the "ordinary boy" theme around him.

That may be true but there's actually
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is actually meme-worthy lol because
The character you're missing here is exactly the one who was forgotten in-universe for a long time.
The third heart inside Sora is, or rather was, Xion.

Inside Sora were Ventus, Roxas and Xion, that's why Riku meets them all in the core of Sora's heart in DDD.
A digital copy of DiZ/Ansem the Wise was there too, but that was not a heart.

eiczerofour

So basically my statement about everyone's day being ruined is more likely the case.

In which case, I'm all for a TWEWY crossover, if only for closure. Perhaps a continuation of the scene only everyone realizes Sora is gone, and Mickey tells Riku to go after him, and that's what we see in the secret ending.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The third heart was Xion, at least that is what they have been hinting at in both 358/2 when she had to “return to Sora” and DDD when Riku saw her in his heart.

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Cool, we talking about the ending?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I am trying really hard not to go into a complete rantfest, but while I'm at it I have one last point to make for now, because it really bugs me.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I swear I have felt positive emotions as well while playing this game. I'm just... sorting things out. Since... four days ago.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
This is actually meme-worthy lol because
The character you're missing here is exactly the one who was forgotten in-universe for a long time.
The third heart inside Sora is, or rather was, Xion.

Inside Sora were Ventus, Roxas and Xion, that's why Riku meets them all in the core of Sora's heart in DDD.
A digital copy of DiZ/Ansem the Wise was there too, but that was not a heart.

I know its supposed to be Xion but the timing is off. How could her heart be in Sora's heart if Org13 had her at the time? Sora had a definite reaction when Ventus and Roxas were removed from his heart, but not so when Xion showed up, and its implied they had her a while before the final fight.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So "Let it Go" was basically Sora, Donald, and Goofy just gawking in the background? Seriously? I know Elsa wanted to distance herself from them but I would have liked it better if they did a different spin on the song. Instead of just a copy and paste

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I know its supposed to be Xion but the timing is off. How could her heart be in Sora's heart if Org13 had her at the time? Sora had a definite reaction when Ventus and Roxas were removed from his heart, but not so when Xion showed up, and its implied they had her a while before the final fight.
Plot Hole. The most powerful force in the universe. No one can escape its grasp.

It's parts like this that really shows how there's just chunks of story missing.

So "Let it Go" was basically Sora, Donald, and Goofy just gawking in the background? Seriously? I know Elsa wanted to distance herself from them but I would have liked it better if they did a different spin on the song. Instead of just a copy and paste
I doubt Disney would allow that. Gotta protect their precious moneymaker while pissing on it at the same time, ya know.

Last edited:

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back