• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

U.N. Owen

Awards
Since the game is out in Japan now and our previous thread has been taken down, we can discuss the story here.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
We're basically now just waiting for the Epilogue and Secret Ending.

I do wince though when I read what people hope for/want out of the game with the characters, and it's like...OOF.

EpicHood confirmed that Nameless Star was someone/something Sora talked to in the game, so the mystery girl has nothing to do with stars. Considering he's still going with mystery girl being Naminè, it more than likely has nothing to do with the recent revelation.

Therefore...

Skuld
Ava
Invi
Elrena
Strelitzia

Are all game. Take your picks.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
People still need to spoiler tag, right?

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

brandedkarma

Man, the Xigbar/Braig/Luxu twist is absolutely fantastic. The hint was there all along with the 'Destiny' Secret Video from Re:Coded. It zooms in on Xigbar's eye when Young Xehanort is telling him the history of No Name plus as well as him "having [his] own hands full with [his] own plans". I think some of the writing is kinda sketchy in KH but Nomura has really knocked it out of the park with this one. I'm legitimately shocked about this development. I know people expected/speculated/theorised that Xigbar/Braig had some involvement with the UX stuff but for the most part, everyone assumed he was the MoM or Brain. I never thought it would be something to do with Luxu.

Last edited by a moderator:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Leaker shenanigans:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

98% certainty this is Strelitzia.

One girl out for the count.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Leaker shenanigans:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

98% certainty this is Strelitzia.

One girl out for the count.

Tbh I am not exactly sure what to make of this.

Anyways, Sora really is someone who just has to promise helping almost everyone he meets who is remotely friendly towards him, isn't he?

So the next saga will be about saving the entire cast from X[chi] from the Foretellers over Strelitzia up to all Dandelions (including Ephemer and Skuld) minus Ventus, Lauriam and all those who are already saved?

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
KH3 has the most interesting reports. It actually tells us interesting information, while also setting up the next storyline.
That last line hyped me up!

Hopefully someone leaks the epilogue and secret video quickl— Oh Nomura, you sly fox!

D

Deleted member 246005

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wasn't she not born until Sora unlocked his heart at the end of the first game? She didn't exist in BBS-days when Lea and Isa were pals.

D

Deleted member 246005

Wasn't she not born until Sora unlocked his heart at the end of the first game? She didn't exist in BBS-days when Lea and Isa were pals.

Your right but I can see them retconning it in a misguided attempt to make namine relevant again.

Smithee

Awards
Your right but I can see them retconning it in a misguided attempt to make namine relevant again.

After all, they already retconned the Guardian into being Terra's Heartless all along (contradicting how BBS explicitly showed them as 2 separate entities when Aqua entered Terranort's mind).

Not to mention that complete left-fielder about Repliku's essence somehow hiding in Riku until the right moment.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Tbh I am not exactly sure what to make of this.

Anyways, Sora really is someone who just has to promise helping almost everyone he meets who is remotely friendly towards him, isn't he?

So the next saga will be about saving the entire cast from X[chi] from the Foretellers over Strelitzia up to all Dandelions (including Ephemer and Skuld) minus Ventus, Lauriam and all those who are already saved?

Yes, even a dead person.

I'm not sure if anyone needs to be "saved". We already saw the result of that in KH3, and I rather lessen the idea than not.

Majority of the characters' stories are pretty much done. But I wouldn't be surprised if they're not allowed rest because popularity. I don't think Mystery X is Naminè, nor do I think she's somehow Ava, but considering Nomura's tendency to convolute crap, it's undeniably right up his ally. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Naminè can be relevant in other ways. It was simply not used by choice in KH3 cause Nomura hates women.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

This would be more than a mere retcon though as Naminé simply didn't exist during the era of BBS.

After all, they already retconned the Guardian into being Terra's Heartless all along (contradicting how BBS explicitly showed them as 2 separate entities when Aqua entered Terranort's mind).

Not to mention that complete left-fielder about Repliku's essence somehow hiding in Riku until the right moment.

Eh, not exactly.
Did you forget that Sora also fought his own Heartless in Coded? That battle in BBS took place in a different plane of reality and in those the heart and the Heartless can exist separately.

Aqua and Terra fighting the Guardian there was an attempt to let Terra's light triumph over his darkness (represented by the Guardian).
It was also afterwards that Terra managed for a short time to stop Xehanort in his tracks.

I'll give you this incident though as it was nowhere hinted that Riku housed the heart of his Replica inside his own like Sora did with Ven.

You could make a case about it never having been ruled out and Sora not being the only one to have the ability, but if so there should have been at least some foreshadowing.

Yes, even a dead person.

I'm not sure if anyone needs to be "saved". We already saw the result of that in KH3, and I rather lessen the idea than not.

Majority of the characters' stories are pretty much done. But I wouldn't be surprised if they're not allowed rest because popularity. I don't think Mystery X is Naminè, nor do I think she's somehow Ava, but considering Nomura's tendency to convolute crap, it's undeniably right up his ally. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Naminè can be relevant in other ways. It was simply not used by choice in KH3 cause Nomura hates women.

I see, with the first you refer most likely to Strelitzia while the second is about bloating up the cast even more, am I correct?

True, it looks like we can scratch at least Xehanort (in all four main incarnations), Eraqus and the Riku Replica (not really sure about Vanitas, his resolution is somewhat weird) from the character roster which would reduce at least the support cast by six (seven if Vanitas counts) characters, but with the Foretellers, Ephemer, Skuld and Strelitzia we get an increase by eight again.

Current story arcs being done is one thing but there can always be a new premise, not to mention that if i.e. Ventus, Lea and Isa are still relevant or rather will have a new arc related to UX and current setups you can expect for their close buddies to tag along or at least appear in a supporting role.

On one hand I can understand wanting to keep using the characters after all the effort to get them their second chance, but on the other it has been shown they can't do a bigger group of characters well more than once.

Graceful Schemer

Okay, just watched
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I think that this world is what the director meant in his interview instead of
Spoiler Spoiler Show

About the topic that was being discussed in the previous thread:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

rodx

So, for me the only spoilers that matter are what happens on the Disney Worlds,and the Epilogue and Secret Ending,I forget that Epilogue will comes to japan very soon,so I need to post something before running out :

Spoiler Spoiler Show

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So my guess to the secret ending slap epilogue

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back