• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well the KH3 Ultimania has released in Japan.

Apparently there wasn't room for Final Fantasy characters in the game for the same reason they weren't in BBS's Radiant Garden. Large amount of characters in the main story. But they did have a polygon model for Leon made.

Lol what? That cracks me up

Most of the characters that needed saving didn't show up until the end. And they barely focused on Lea and Kairi. You could have squeezed a scene or two of Leon and possibly the others

Hirokey123

Awards
Sigh I get the reasoning but it's still frustrating.

A less frustrating bit is
Spoiler Spoiler Show

A way more frustrating bit
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean I thought he basically said that already? Minus Leon having a polygon model of course. I do agree with how the game turned out it probably wouldn't have hurt to have them show up a little, but maybe they just didn't want to pay their actors and stuff for a short cameo? I assume the cast for this game was pricey as is.

Sigh I get the reasoning but it's still frustrating.

A less frustrating bit is
Spoiler Spoiler Show

A way more frustrating bit
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, I guess he also said Subject X isn't Ava...so its Skuld lol. I mean, that was the prevailing theory but there is no other option now.

Also sounds like he has "plans for Hades" still like...*sigh* I mean the world was gorgeous in this game but still.

Oh and the next game is most likely not going to be "KH4" apparently.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
More leaks from Reddit

Sora is apparently in a different Shibuya than the one Neku is from
There will be another game before KH4

Awards
The Shibuya in the secret ending is one of a different reality apparently.

I'm a bit confused on this but I guess Nomura means it's not in the Realm of Light?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
More leaks from Reddit

Sora is apparently in a different Shibuya than the one Neku is from
There will be another game before KH4

The Shibuya in the secret ending is one of a different reality apparently.

I'm a bit confused on this but I guess Nomura means it's not in the Realm of Light?

Oh yeah I already forgot that I read that.

Yeah I am confused about this as well. I mean, not the whole "jumping worldlines thing", but does he mean its different from the Shibuya in TWEWY or different than the Shibuya KH Neku was talking about...

I guess either way, I just want TWEWY cast involved. Either the like legit TWEWY cast or the KH versions from DDD lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In regards to the opening tutorial Its apparently what's going on in Sora's head after he disappears at the end

Oh yeah I already forgot that I read that.

Yeah I am confused about this as well. I mean, not the whole "jumping worldlines thing", but does he mean its different from the Shibuya in TWEWY or different than the Shibuya KH Neku was talking about...

I guess either way, I just want TWEWY cast involved. Either the like legit TWEWY cast or the KH versions from DDD lol.

I'm hoping they can find a way for those characters to appear despite taking place in an alternate Shibuya

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
In regards to the opening tutorial Its apparently what's going on in Sora's head after he disappears at the end

I'm hoping they can find a way for those characters to appear despite taking place in an alternate Shibuya

It would be such a waste if not...

and yeah? The person I saw translated it as "it suggests Sora's mind" after the ending. Which is just....incomprehensible to me lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Apparently there wasn't room for Final Fantasy characters in the game for the same reason they weren't in BBS's Radiant Garden. Large amount of characters in the main story. But they did have a polygon model for Leon made.

This excuse has already been made by Nomura several times. It isn't any more logical now than it was the last 3-4 times. That's like saying Elsa and Anna hindered the original characters' storylines considering the FF characters in Radiant Garden operate similar to Disney characters in their individual worlds. They have their world plots and that's all--they don't leave their home worlds.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Edit: I forgot about this earlier.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
After thinking over what was said about Shibuya], it's actually very obvious.

Of course the Shibuya that Sora is in is of a different reality than the real one. It's the Underground, where the Reaper's Game takes place.

Nomura must've assumed that we were thinking of the Realground.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Of course the Shibuya that Sora is in is of a different reality than the real one. It's the Underground, where the Reaper's Game takes place.

I certainly hope it's that simple lol. Maybe I'm just overthinking it cuz this man makes no sense sometimes lol.

Awards
Nomura hinted that the wild card Luxord gave Sora would likely be the key to Sora's return.

A get out of Shibuya free card, basically?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura hinted that the wild card Luxord gave Sora would likely be the key to Sora's return.

I personally hope it's not quite that simple lol. I'm interested to see what exactly it does, and I hope its not too Deus Ex Machina but that sounds unlikely haha

kaseykockroach

Awards
For the Let it Go sequence, I would of had it as a sequence where the trio must protect Elsa from Heartless that rudely want to interrupt her number. As in, you're fighting Heartless while she sings her heart out in the background. And then as all three wipe out the last of the horde, they join Elsa to triumphantly sing the last "LET THE STORM RAGE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN!".

Elsa then just shoots them a confused "uh...when did you three show up?" glance.

Hire me, Nomura. Together, we could conquer this puny planet.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

*cries in whatever*

Lol what? That cracks me up

Most of the characters that needed saving didn't show up until the end. And they barely focused on Lea and Kairi. You could have squeezed a scene or two of Leon and possibly the others
This is what bugs me. There's "so much" going on and yet barely anything happens until the end. There was plenty of time to give characters more screentime and development. We could have had a midway point where We go to Radiant Garden and speak with Leon and deal with some of KH3's plot points then instead of waiting 'til the end. Heck, a midway point in general would have been nice...

Also sounds like he has "plans for Hades" still like...*sigh* I mean the world was gorgeous in this game but still.
Given Hades' being lord of the dead and we have some dead and dead-adjacent characters around, I can see him maybe having a role in bringing them back. But as much as I love Olympus, I hope it's not visitable and anything Hades is either cutscenes at the Underworld or Hades will be traveling worlds.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Maybe he fell into a plot hole. lol But like, would showing him one more time seriously be too spoilery for the next game or something?

This. It's "Lauriam is Lauriam" all over again. I'm taking what Nomura said as either this is the Underground and he assumed we were thinking it was the Realground, or that this isn't the same Shibuya from TWEWY just like the Disney worlds aren't the same place as their movies. It's the KH version of TWEWY Shibuya.

That'd be no fun. :( More likely it'll help him out at an important point.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Interested to read
Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I just remembered that Marluxia remembers his past now, so he could be seeing if Hades can bring back Strelitzia.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Holy Crap, I didn't think we'd see Hades again. If he is going to keep Hades around why couldn't he be the next major Disney antagonist? He has the power for it, plus an entertaining personality. Yeah it sucks that this means James Woods will still be voicing him but I'm excited at this new prospect

Back