• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Secret Movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

k99y77

Awards
I mean the series has done just fine having Sora solo or only having other characters to play with.
Yes but only temporarily... we knew that we would eventually play as Sora again in the future, but him being permanently gone will piss off lots of fans (including this one).

Kojima tried to get rid of Snake the protagonist of Metal Gear Solid by attempting to give Raiden his own franchise and it flopped, Capcom tried to change Dante when they rebooted Devil May Cry and it angered older fans (they boycotted and flooded game websites with negative reviews).

D

Deleted member 246005

It be funny if Ergheiz, the Bouncer and Brave fencer Musahashi all get refrenced. Those all games Nomura worked outside of FF and KH.

Probably not gonna happen but there is always fanfic for that.

I'm lukewarm about Verum Rex's inclusion. I'll give it a shot but i was fine with it being an easter egg. I think expecting Verum Rex to live up to the hype of Versus 13 is a fool's errand.

Best let it be its own thing and not saddle it with those expectations.

I really hope SDG are the main party in KH4 otherwise it might flop, look at what happened to Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid when they changed the main character it will piss off a lot of fans.

I'm fine with a new protagonist but KH has had other protagonists before and the fans were fine with them.

Plus Metal gear redeemed Raiden and fans got over Nero being the new lead for 5 because Dante is playable from the start versus 4 where he wasn't.

So its not insurmountable.

k99y77

Awards
I'm fine with a new protagonist but KH has had other protagonists before and the fans were fine with them.

Plus Metal gear redeemed Raiden and fans got over Nero being the new lead for 5 because Dante is playable from the start versus 4 where he wasn't.

So its not insurmountable.
Sora was temporarily not the protagonist due to him being too young (BBS) or recovering his memories (Days) we knew we would eventually play as him again in future titles but being permanently gone is different.

both DmC Devil May Cry and MGSR flopped because they tried to force change on fans, I hope Square doesn't do the same with KH.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Sora was temporarily not the protagonist due to him being too young (BBS) or recovering his memories (Days) we knew we would eventually play as him again in future titles but being permanently gone is different.

both DmC Devil May Cry and MGSR flopped because they tried to force change on fans, I hope Square doesn't do the same with KH.

I wasn't talking about DmC but DMC4. DMC4 had the first playable MC outside of Dante but it sold the most out of DMC so far.

Days had Roxas and BBS had Ven, Terra, Aqua instead of Sora and fans were ok with those. They had their dissenters but those were about the execution, not the idea.

Besides, it's not like KH is getting rid of Sora completely. This teaser confirms he's still around and will come back at some point. So we'll get a spinoff or two on the other characters (Lea/Isa goes after their friend, Ven recalls his time in the Union era) before KH4 comes out with Sora/Riku/Yozara hopefully Kairi etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildbullet

I’m just gonna say it since nobody is noticing it. While there’s a chance Riku might be on a different plane of existence like in DDD, I highly doubt it. They’re most likely in the same place, just some miles apart. Yes, he is in Shinjuku, and there are hints of Nomura’s bitterness about Versus creeping in, but you all need to be a bit more observant. Verum Rex’s setting, the video game, is in Shibuya. There’s even a sign that says Shibuya Centre Street. It just so happens that Yozora is sitting atop the government building in Shinjuku at the secret ending instead, but that doesn’t mean they’re in two planes of the same world or even in different worlds right away, plus, Final Remix hinted that something disastrous has happened in Shinjuku so we know that it exists in Neku’s universe. I’m getting more TWEWY vibes from this than I do Versus. Sounds like Nomura’s cooking up something more convoluted than “The Gathering” and “Deep Dive”, considering it’s the first time he actually showed Sora in a Numbered Title secret ending. He’s not just touching on Disney properties, and it looks like Square properties just won’t be cameos next time, but I’ll keep my expectations reasonable.

D

Deleted member 246005

I’m just gonna say it since nobody is noticing it. While there’s a chance Riku might be on a different plane of existence like in DDD, I highly doubt it. They’re most likely in the same place, just some miles apart. Yes, he is in Shinjuku, and there are hints of Nomura’s bitterness about Versus creeping in, but you all need to be a bit more observant. Verum Rex’s setting, the video game, is in Shibuya. There’s even a sign that says Shibuya Centre Street. It just so happens that Yozora is sitting atop the government building in Shinjuku at the secret ending instead, but that doesn’t mean they’re in two planes of the same world or even in different worlds right away, plus, Final Remix hinted that something disastrous has happened in Shinjuku so we know that it exists in Neku’s universe. I’m getting more TWEWY vibes from this than I do Versus. Sounds like Nomura’s cooking up something more convoluted than “The Gathering” and “Deep Dive”, considering it’s the first time he actually showed Sora in a Numbered Title secret ending. He’s not just touching on Disney properties, and it looks like Square properties just won’t be cameos next time, but I’ll keep my expectations reasonable.

Riku probably found where Sora is but not met up with him yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mriku90

Awards

You don't have to worry. KH will always have the trinity trio and Disney Worlds to visit that will never change. It's a Disney Franchise.

Axel92

Awards
Now I understand better the artwork showing Sora with the TWEWY gang!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

What? I think the term you want is "crossover" which KH has always been. And Verum Rex is only a video game in Toy Story's reality.

This is nuts lol, I didn't play that yet cuz I kept hearing not that much was added, but dang. Yeah it seems pretty clear to me. And I am excited about that part.

I was lukewarm on Yozora but I am warming up to him lol. To be honest, I guess it depends on what they do, but I don't see the Days or Birth by Sleep trios going away. Especially the latter with Ventus. So I don't know if I want too many new characters introduced...especially since X people are finally being introduced into the fold.

Still really hoping this mysterious girl is just Skuld, Striletzia, or Ava and not a completely new character as well.

SomeKHFan

Awards

Still really hoping this mysterious girl is just Skuld, Striletzia, or Ava and not a completely new character as well.

I feel Striletzia might have been the Heart Sora talked to within the Final world. Not sure though. And Braig might have commented if that girl was Ava.

Skuld is a possibility though. It might even be the UX player character.....Assassin's Creed has made the online character you play in Brotherhood into an actual character in the series, so the same could happen here.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I feel Striletzia might have been the Heart Sora talked to within the Final world. Not sure though. And Braig might have commented if that girl was Ava.

Skuld is a possibility though. It might even be the UX player character.....Assassin's Creed has made the online character you play in Brotherhood into an actual character in the series, so the same could happen here.

I guess I also forgot Ava already had a voice lol. I just really want her to do...something and not just be gone. She was the only Foreteller I even liked as it is. And the others being on the "dark" side of the chess board at the end isn't boding well for them getting much more likable lol. But we will see.

I am down with player being canonically female, but I kinda doubt they would do it lol.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Okay so real talk...do we think TWEWY and KH are just fusing into one series? With the ending of Final Remix and now this? Or do we think it'll just be more cameo stuff and TWEWY will just continue on its own at some point, maybe? I really can't decide lol. I feel like there are more hints to all this than I realized. I guess because I didn't play Final Remix yet. But I knew there was "sequel bait" in its ending. Just not what the bait was till now lol.

mriku90

Awards
Okay so real talk...do we think TWEWY and KH are just fusing into one series? With the ending of Final Remix and now this? Or do we think it'll just be more cameo stuff and TWEWY will just continue on its own at some point, maybe? I really can't decide lol. I feel like there are more hints to all this than I realized. I guess because I didn't play Final Remix yet. But I knew there was "sequel bait" in its ending. Just not what the bait was till now lol.

Shibuya is already canon in KH. so no they're not fusing into one. Simply that Shibuya is potentially going to be set up from it's foreshadowing in DDD.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Nomura's comment at last year's KHUX fan event makes me feel like Skuld is basically a lock-in for Subject X, especially when you also take into account her namesake.

Q: Please tell us about the design and the reasoning behind the appearance of new Union leaders like Ephemera and Skuld.

Nomura: You want to know more about them instead of their design, right? There is a storyline in KHIII where you will sense their existence and influence here and there. I believe you will feel their presence more than the five Foretellers who are the previous Union leaders. The fates of these new Union leaders are already set, and there is a meaning behind everything, including their names.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Shibuya is already canon in KH. so no they're not fusing into one. Simply that Shibuya is potentially going to be set up from it's foreshadowing in DDD.

I guess I meant, is this the same Shibuya IN Twewy, or is it a Kingdom Hearts version of it? Like will this be canon to TWEWY or is it just an alternate Shibuya and the characters that are cameoing in KH? I guess when I played DDD, I already felt like Joshua seemed like himself post game. But I didn't think it made much sense then to really just be canon Joshua in KH.

But if both Neku and Sora died at the end of their new games and are both seemingly in the same area...it seems too weird a coincidence lol. Like I am suggesting BOTH stories will be addressed in the same game. But like I said, its just a weird thought I keep having. Could just as easily be similar but not actually a revelation that they are both canon series to each other or something.

Nomura's comment at last year's KHUX fan event makes me feel like Skuld is basically a lock-in for Subject X, especially when you also take into account her namesake.

I feel like I don't know enough about Skuld, her namesake I mean. Isn't she one of the Fates? Does something happen to her like getting horrible experiments done on her? Or just like lose her memory and stuff?

D

Deleted member 246005

Im hoping Kairi gets a lead role instead being support.

I can see KH doing a spiritual sequel to TWEWY similar to how KH3 had most of the Disney worlds use original plots that took place after their respective first movies.

So Sora wakes up in Shibuya and gets roped into the reaper's game. Master of Master might be another player, a reaper or even the Conductor/Composer himself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Im hoping Kairi gets a lead role instead being support.

I can see KH doing a spiritual sequel to TWEWY similar to how KH3 had most of the Disney worlds use original plots that took place after their respective first movies.

So Sora wakes up in Shibuya and gets roped into the reaper's game. Master of Master might be another player, a reaper or even the Conductor/Composer himself.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I guess I meant, is this the same Shibuya IN Twewy, or is it a Kingdom Hearts version of it? Like will this be canon to TWEWY or is it just an alternate Shibuya and the characters that are cameoing in KH? I guess when I played DDD, I already felt like Joshua seemed like himself post game. But I didn't think it made much sense then to really just be canon Joshua in KH.
I feel like it could just be a alternate/KH version because how more realistic everything looks.

Back