• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 remains best-selling game of 2019, best-selling game of franchise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
As much as I like Kingdom Hearts, KH3 and the other KH games aren't really GOTY material. They're fun games with a lot of heart but they're inconsistent when it comes to quality. They hit some high highs, but at the same time they hit some terrible low lows and that's now what I expect from a GOTY. If we talk about parts of the game(s), then some of them are definitely GOTY material, like Quid said.

Yeah, if we're talking GOTY, it'd have to be on the same level of God of War, Spider-Man PS4, The Last of Us and I don't think KH3 plot-wise can measure up to that. Not when there's so much criticism surrounding it. It'd be great if it did and it really depends on what comes out this year, but Kingdom Hearts is a series that's not the most accessible or has the best writing, and those are knocks against it.

Now with that being said, I LOVE KH3. And a GOTY isn't gonna make me love it any less. So whether it wins or not, is really more for me wanting the whole team getting their proper due credit they've earned. It's already a winner in my eyes, so I want the devs to feel like they won too.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm not really into the gaming industry. I thought there was one entity that distributed the Game of the Year award, like how the Oscars is the pinnacle for film accolades?

If there is a gaming entity like that, I really hope KH3 wins the Game of the Year award from them.

Nah, there are many different awards shows for games: The Game Awards, DICE Awards, SXSW Gaming Awards, GDC Awards, BAFTA Awards, to name a few. Some are more industry-based and voted on by peers while others by fans, but there's no single definitive GOTY award.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, if we're talking GOTY, it'd have to be on the same level of God of War, Spider-Man PS4, The Last of Us and I don't think KH3 plot-wise can measure up to that. Not when there's so much criticism surrounding it. It'd be great if it did and it really depends on what comes out this year, but Kingdom Hearts is a series that's not the most accessible or has the best writing, and those are knocks against it.

Now with that being said, I LOVE KH3. And a GOTY isn't gonna make me love it any less. So whether it wins or not, is really more for me wanting the whole team getting their proper due credit they've earned. It's already a winner in my eyes, so I want the devs to feel like they won too.
They deserve at least a nomination. I want the team to feel like their work is being recognized, instead of being hated on 24/7.

Back