• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 remains best-selling game of 2019, best-selling game of franchise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
So what you're saying is that SE is going to break even on the cost of remaking Let it Go shot for shot?

For real, this is kind of cool. There's a lot of joy and pleasure to be had in KH3's more Disney focused sections. I'm not at all surprised that more people are connecting with THIS game, as it seems to deliver on the promise of a Disney adventure more than any other KH before it. Now imagine if that uber popular Toy Story KH3 trailer had released with ENGLISH voices! We'd be looking at triple the sales, babyyyy

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
People on the internet need to realize that their opinion do not represent that of the general consumer that movies sales. The only use the internet has nowadays is to generate "buzz", and said "buzz" is introduced to the general public through Marketing.

But back on topic, if this game isn't Game of the Year, then man oh man is it a heavy contender.

allenleonardo

Awards
I never said the majority didn't enjoy the game, if nothing else the very existence of this thread already would've made that pretty obvious to me, lol. I didn't even expect the game to do bad, nor did I in any way think it was performing poorly sales wise. It simply exceeded my personal expectations (regardless of how high or low they were) of specifically just how long it would stay at the top of the charts, and even then I'm not that surprised. Idk,

Well I replied because you wrote that " it has so much staying power given the criticism, but then again this is the finale of a multi-year long saga (up to standard or not)." That sounds to me like surprise that it still does so well even though it has so much critiscism and I just wanted to point out that maybe the critiscism is still the minority. I am sorry that I did not make it clear enough that I did not believe that you did not like it, just wanting to point out that critiscism itself might not be so wide spread as some might believe.

I think anybody with a brain knew KH3 was going to sell well. That's why there's no need to be insecure about criticisms, because the franchise is not going away.

I don't expect this to change the time between entires though. Remember that KH1 and KH2 were both very successful, too.

I can only speak about myself but I deep down dont give much care if someone enjoyed it or not, I just like discussions. (Otherwise I would have to stay clear of some FF discussions seeing how I love FF13.) I have no problems with criticisms either, I am quite loud at the moment on the official FF14 forum for some of the things they are doing right now. But I will also post my opinion if someone decides to post something that I disagree with. And I just disagree with these statements that are making it look like most people are disappointed or that its an unpopular opinion that KH3 was great. You (as in general you) are in your right to post this, but others will answer that. And no we are not insecure, not brown nosing, not taking anything no matter the quality and so on.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Glad to hear about this for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm just going to copy and paste what I said on KH13 which is as followed

Long live Kingdom Hearts! May it's crazy story captivate both old fans and new for many years to come. I already can't wait for KH4.

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Glad to hear about this for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm just going to copy and paste what I said on KH13 which is as followed

Long live Kingdom Hearts! May it's crazy story captivate both old fans and new for many years to come. I already can't wait for KH4.
hey it my nobody roxas lol i agree with you

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
but we can hope right?

Ehhh, you can but I find it unlikely. Once the big games start coming out later in the year, those will certainly overtake KH3 in terms of popularity. I could see Resident Evil 2 getting the award before KH3 if we had to go by games released so far this year.

This isn’t a knock at KH3, but just an acknowledgement that the game industry doesn’t see KH as anything more than this weird game with a convoluted story that just happens to be really popular and commercially successful.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Well I replied because you wrote that " it has so much staying power given the criticism, but then again this is the finale of a multi-year long saga (up to standard or not)." That sounds to me like surprise that it still does so well even though it has so much criticism and I just wanted to point out that maybe the criticism is still the minority. I am sorry that I did not make it clear enough that I did not believe that you did not like it, just wanting to point out that criticism itself might not be so wide spread as some might believe.
Aw, I see. Actually you weren't far off then. Really, I expected the game to do well (duh), just not quite as well as it ended up doing. Like you clarified, I figured the scrutiny and criticism were becoming more widespread (as in more people were aware of it), so I expected sales to slow quite a bit in the coming months. Not because the majority aren't enjoying the game (always felt the criticism was in the minority anyway), but I did think an increasing amount would be a bit less eager to go out and purchase it and so start waiting for a price drop, some additional incentives/tweaks, and things of that nature. Mmmm, then again maybe it's a bit too early for that anyway. Oh no you're fine! I actually don't like the game all that much, lol. But yeah, I thought the vocal criticism (which I guess isn't really all that loud in reality) would've affected sales a bit more than it did. In the end it doesn't really matter, the game's performance has nothing to do with my expectations or personal feelings, not even sure why I went out of my way to bring them up in the first place.

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Aw, I see. Actually you weren't far off then. Really, I expected the game to do well (duh), just not quite as well as it ended up doing. Like you clarified, I figured the scrutiny and criticism were becoming more widespread (as in more people were aware of it), so I expected sales to slow quite a bit in the coming months. Not because the majority aren't enjoying the game (always felt the criticism was in the minority anyway), but I did think an increasing amount would be a bit less eager to go out and purchase it and so start waiting for a price drop, some additional incentives/tweaks, and things of that nature. Mmmm, then again maybe it's a bit too early for that anyway. Oh no you're fine! I actually don't like the game all that much, lol. But yeah, I thought the vocal criticism (which I guess isn't really all that loud in reality) would've affected sales a bit more than it did. In the end it doesn't really matter, the game's performance has nothing to do with my expectations or personal feelings, not even sure why I went out of my way to bring them up in the first place.
i still can have hope is that what kingdom heart is build on lol

Muke

whatever
Awards
What a great milestone for the series! So glad about these news, although obviously it's not surprising or anything

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
A just have a hard time seeing a jrpg winning game of the year. A jrpg would have to be exceptional for it be taken serious as an award nomination against the usual yearly blockbusters we see.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I like how we're talking about "winning Game of the Year" as if there was one single game of the year award given by the industry and not like dozens of outlets with their own awards.

Anyway, assuming TLOU2 comes out this year, it'll lose to that probably since it's a big "prestige" game. But I do expect it to be nominated in a few categories, as well as probably showing up on a bunch of outlets' contender/runner-up style lists. The Final Mix-esque DLC will likely launch around that time which will probably make it fresh in people's minds again.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I like how we're talking about "winning Game of the Year" as if there was one single game of the year award given by the industry and not like dozens of outlets with their own awards.

Anyway, assuming TLOU2 comes out this year, it'll lose to that probably since it's a big "prestige" game. But I do expect it to be nominated in a few categories, as well as probably showing up on a bunch of outlets' contender/runner-up style lists. The Final Mix-esque DLC will likely launch around that time which will probably make it fresh in people's minds again.
I'm not really into the gaming industry. I thought there was one entity that distributed the Game of the Year award, like how the Oscars is the pinnacle for film accolades?

If there is a gaming entity like that, I really hope KH3 wins the Game of the Year award from them.

2 quid is good

Awards
I personally really don't think KH3 is GOTY material, as much as I wanted it to be. Maybe soundtrack? Even if there are a few remixes I can't think of many recent games that can hold a candle to KH3 in this regard.

unless Nintendo surprise drop the black/white remakes with a remixed driftveil city =D

drew0512

Awards
As much as I like Kingdom Hearts, KH3 and the other KH games aren't really GOTY material. They're fun games with a lot of heart but they're inconsistent when it comes to quality. They hit some high highs, but at the same time they hit some terrible low lows and that's now what I expect from a GOTY. If we talk about parts of the game(s), then some of them are definitely GOTY material, like Quid said.

Back