• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 release plan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

Awards
So, what i believe is that we will get Kingdom Hearts 3 after FF Versus XIII is out. The question is when Versus will be out. On that i believe it will come immediately after Lightning Returns FFXIII since the focus of the XIII trilogy will be over it will be time for Versus to take the spotlight. And after Versus it will be time for Kingdom Hearts 3. If lets say Versus gets released in 2014-15 when do you think we can expect KH3?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I'd say it'll be released after 2015, unless they let the Osaka team take over then it might be released earlier.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So, what i believe is that we will get Kingdom Hearts 3 after FF Versus XIII is out. The question is when Versus will be out. On that i believe it will come immediately after Lightning Returns FFXIII since the focus of the XIII trilogy will be over it will be time for Versus to take the spotlight. And after Versus it will be time for Kingdom Hearts 3. If lets say Versus gets released in 2014-15 when do you think we can expect KH3?
Well, it's not Lightning Returns taking all the focus.
There were various other projects which halted the production of Versus XIII, such as the failed version of XIV.
Of course, when XIV is finally released this year, and Lightning Returns also comes out, it should be all hands on deck for Versus leading to a mid to late 2014 release(being hopeful).

Assuming that there is another team that is doing pre-lim work on KHIII already, it should be easy for the team to develop the game since they have more people, time and experience. So late 2015(again, being hopeful).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I doubt they're going to stubbornly place KH3 off limits from any other team until Versus is completed, but 2014-15 sounds like a good estimate.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I doubt they're going to stubbornly place KH3 off limits from any other team until Versus is completed, but 2014-15 sounds like a good estimate.

This is what I was thinking. SE is made up of multiple teams and obviously Nomura has thought of KH3 in some way already (I doubt it hasn't entered his mind) so it would be foolish to make KH be, as Sign said, "off-limits" from anyone but Nomura until after all the other games are completed. Plus, if KH wants to stick to a 1 game a year thing like it has been doing for the past few years, it would make sense to play KH3 release around 2015 or 2016 (they always could have another surprise game come out of nowhere).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well if they're to stick to the 1 KH game per year thing it'll probably come out in 2015, unless we get surprised with a KH0.5. But if they really want to insist it to be developed by the versus then it's likely it won't be out until 2016.
I've got the feeling that because the game is expected so much bigger than the previous games, they've probably already started on it in some form.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
Nomura said he'd release a KH game every year which means 2015. 2014 will be 2.5. Versus will either come out this year or next, most likely next since Lightning Returns won't be released until Q3 (July, August, September). Square is obviously going to want to hype the game a little bit with trailers so don't get your hopes high for this year.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering that we'd need to concede at least a decent amount of development time for them so it won't be rushed and that KH 3 will probably bigger in scale than any other Kh title before I would say a release 2016 is more realistic, so that they have the entire years 2014 and 2015 as development time.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
2015 seems about right. Remember, the HD collections are done by people who haven't been involved with KH so far (iirc). The Osaka team is probably already working on concepts for KH3 and the original KH team will probably join them as soon as they finish Versus (maybe a 2014 release? Depends on how far they've come with that game). If the original team is unable to join the Osaka team, then I think it's safe to say they will only be used for advice, while the Osaka team develops KH3. I don't think they'll wait too long to start developping this game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
2014 or 2015 as the release year in my honest opinion.

2015 seems about right. Remember, the HD collections are done by people who haven't been involved with KH so far (iirc). The Osaka team is probably already working on concepts for KH3 and the original KH team will probably join them as soon as they finish Versus (maybe a 2014 release?)

No, the people who are making the HD Remasters are people have worked on Kingdom Hearts before within the Osaka team.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
2014 or 2015 as the release year in my honest opinion.

No, the people who are making the HD Remasters are people have worked on Kingdom Hearts before within the Osaka team.

Oh I see, didn't know that!

lol besides the hd remakes aren't whole new games. They're just improving the graphics a bit, adding a few minor changes, and some extra cutscenes. That's not taking them a lot of time. KH3 is probably being worked on as we speak.

When wished to be done right, it still needs a considerable amount of time. Just not the time needed to develop a game from the ground up. They've been working on 1.5 for (I think) more than a year so.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Square is obviously going to want to hype the game a little bit with trailers so don't get your hopes high for this year.

haha don't get your hope anywhere for this year lol there is a next to 0% chance it will be announced this year to completely outshine KH1.5 and then at the same time be released this year xD

lol besides the hd remakes aren't whole new games. They're just improving the graphics a bit, adding a few minor changes, and some extra cutscenes. That's not taking them a lot of time. KH3 is probably being worked on as we speak.

It doesn't take too long to do all that stuff, but remember that KH1.5 was upgraded by only a handful of people so if you only have 2 or 3 people doing all that work, it can take a considerable amount of time.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I could imagine them putting a few more people on for 2.5 just because of its success the first time around. 1.5 is epic for us as fans but 2.5 will be even more epic. Also, it may take more work to do 2.5 than 1.5 so they may increase the amount of people working on it for that reason alone. It would be cool if they could have 2.5 come out ~the same time next year.

Antisoul

h3D45603C

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
No, it's really too bad, the hole they've dug for themselves. Years of prolonging, side games, prequels, small sequels. Now we're looking it re-releases as well; it's going to be more years. Kingdom Hearts III might not even be in development yet. I don't think it's going to be developed within the next two years for a 2015 release, either.

I might as well just face the facts. I'm not getting any younger. Soon I'm going to be at a point where I just won't care about this game anymore. And I'm likely going to be at that age before Kingdom Hearts III even comes out. I was six when I played Kingdom Hearts. Like, ten, when I played Kingdom Hearts II. I'm probably going to be twenty something when I play KH3.

It's hard enough to maintain an audience in the modern gaming world of DUDEBROS and casual gamers, who only want to shoot things, but when you're pretty much waiting for your target demographic to GROW UP, and no longer become INTERESTED in your game series, and you expect your title to sell? I already estimate that Kingdom Hearts III will sell even less than Kingdom Hearts II, which sold less than Kingdom Hearts I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back