• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
Well I finally saw the cutscene with the Fairy Godmother. I gotta say she looks great in KH3's graphics
Spoiler Spoiler Show

NoWay

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

kaseykockroach

Awards
Being in a war is just part of their daily routine at this point.

So, I haven't posted in quite awhile, haven't delved into KHdom in any shape or form. Loved KH3, then moved on to other games. The Re:Mind stuff looked mildly interesting, but keep in mind I'm not the kind of fan that plays these games FOR the story, so to speak. I enjoy the cutscenes as entertaining cheese (with moments of genuine effectiveness being few and far between) and not much more beyond that, so Re:Mind looking like WE ADDED EVEN MORE CUTSCENES wasn't exactly tempting me to drop thirty bucks on this thing. MORE BOSS BATTLES? Hm, that has me a bit more intrigued, but all the footage I saw gave me the impression nearly all these fights are dealt with by myself, save one I saw with Kairi (whatever the context for that is). And as I've expressed many a'time in the past, I find being alone in a KH game to be quite dull. So, if you'll pardon my ignorance on the subject of Re:Mind, I have a few questions.
-Are any of these extra boss battles fought alongside Donald and Goofy?
-Is there a new dungeon of some kind to explore, ala Cavern of Remembrance?
-Do I indeed need to play the game all over again to see the new stuff? I don't mind if that's the case, as I haven't played KH3 since finishing my Critical mode playthrough (which already feels like a long time ago, holy cow).

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I did read some spoilers from the Secret Episode and I'm miffed that the Nameless Star ended up being not-Stella and not Strelitzia who I guess is just straight up dead now.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
On a side note
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Venitas

Finished the ReMind scenario last night.

Honestly, the amount of reused cutscenes and boss battles was a little insane. We've seen the Terra-Xehanort "today is the day you all lose" like....5 times now

kaseykockroach

Awards
"Today is the day you all lose!"
*they come back later*
"...This evening is the day you all lose!"
*later*
"TONIGHT is the NIGHT you all lose!"
*Everyone's tired from all the fighting and goes to bed*
"...You will all lose tomorrow morning!"
"Goodnight, Xehanort!"
"Hmph...goodnight, Sora."
*The following morning*
"Alright, everybody, rise and shine! TODAY is the day you all lo-"
"How about some breakfast first?"
"Uuuugh, FINE. I could go for some coffee. THEN you can all lose!"
*later*
"Holy guacamole, Aqua brews fantastic coffee."
"When you're trapped in darkness for ten years and want to hold onto any hope of surviving, one thing you must never forget is how to brew good coffee."
"Come to think of it, how DID you survive ten years of that? What did you eat?"
"Heartless burgers."
"...anyway, TODAY is the day you all LOSE!"

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm inbetween on the SoKai divide. I love old-style Disney romance (the Prince serenading Snow White on the balcony is adorable; Ariel singing to Eric on the beach is so sweet). I don't like SoKai. I guess Kairi is closer to being like the interchangeable Disney princes of Walt's day who had no personality at all, while Sora is the princess who gets all the spotlight. Even thinking of it that way, I still don't like it. The simplicity of it isn't the issue for me.

Anyway, I'll have to watch everything on YouTube later, but all these comments about the SoKai factor and the continuing XV infestation of KH and the likelihood of a Kairi game *gag* are depressing as hell. I'm wondering if I even want to see this now. At least the Fairy Godmother looks f***ing awesome, my sole consolation here. lol

Last edited:

LoneFox

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

U.N. Owen

Awards
So just to keep track of the obvious Versus XIII stuff, I'm going to go back to the E3 2013 trailer when it was announced Versus XIII would be rebranded as XV. Nomura was still in charge back then. From characters shown off in that trailer, we can get:

Noctis = Yozora
Aegis = Ignis with Gladio's body
Magia = Prompto
Stella = not-Stella
Cor Leonis = the driver who looks like Luxord I suppose

That leaves Regis, Aldercapt, Ardyn, Verstael, Ravus/Lupus, and Gentiana unaccounted.

I have speculation that Ardyn had elements recycled into Brain from Union X, but that's just baseless speculation from me, even more than the driver.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

But that’s just a theory...a game theory.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

U.N. Owen

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

But that’s just a theory...a game theory.

I think the Master of Masters is evil in the context of the FNC which Normua just dug up and attempt to exhume the corpse. Throughout that entire franchise, fate was a major player from vanilla XIII to Agito XIII. In Final Fantasy XIII, the theme was to defy your fate as a mortal. In Final Fantasy Versus XIII, versus meaning opposite, it means accepting fate, something present in XV as well. In Agito XIII, the theme was trying to fulfill fate and avert it with the Fal'Cie trying to fulfill their programing of opening Etro's Gate while the mortals try to defy the fate they have experienced 600,000,000 times.

The Master of Masters is obviously representing fate since he did write a book of prophesies.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
If anyone's wondering about the Fairy Godmother....
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And in regards to the end scene of Limit Cut, just a theory:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Thank you so much qbaysan,regarding on the Fairy Godmother. Because most of us were wondering if she was really in ReMind or not. I'm actually glad to see her become a supporting Disney character in the KH plot.

Beyond

Awards
the likelihood of a Kairi game *gag* are depressing as hell. I'm wondering if I even want to see this now. At least the Fairy Godmother looks f***ing awesome, my sole consolation here. lol

I thought I was the only one, but I really DON'T want a game with her as the protagonist.
In that case I think I'll drop KH for good - after 15 years of playing 🤷‍♂️ -.

GreyouTT

Awards
Someone on reddit laid out
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Boreale

Aren't you exaggerating a bit? I can understand perfectly not liking a character in particular (different strokes for different folks), but skipping the entire series because you didn't care for said character or game is kinda... extreme. You just have to ignore that game, or watch the story on YouTube or something so you don't have to spend time and money on it.

2 quid is good

Awards
For the past two days I've been screaming FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS INTENSIFIES to anyone within earshot of me

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back