• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
At least TAV didn't make me go -

cover2.jpg

And want to escape.
Idk about you, but that's my reaction to Terra at how goddamn gullible he is.

2 quid is good

Awards
Same here! I love the melodrama. I don't care how unpopular they are on this forum, the RAX stuff was like the main reason I even bought ReMind. Even if I'm split on the use of the Sigil.
I'm firmly in the sigil dislike camp, and I suppose I'm an odd Days fan in that I really dislike Axel as a character. He was fine in KH2, great even, but it's been downhill since imo. KH3 just compounded that for me. I never got the feeling that Axel and Xion were friends, there never seemed to be an organic relationship between the two of them for me. Why I really liked Days, especially when I was younger, was that I could relate awfully well to Roxas straddling two different (groups of) friends in such an awkward way. (Moving school/area etc) and making them meet was terrible haha. I don't think that was the intended interpretation, but that was what I got. To be honest the reasons I like Days are quite out of the norm, I've never really talked much about it before XD

Personally, I've always felt torn over where Roxas belongs. He felt so at home with HPO, but on the other hand I know his "proper" place is with RAX (even if I don't care for Axel). You'd think KH3's ending would be the perfect compromise for me but again, I just can't help but feel that second hand awkwardness at seeing these characters being placed into these situations totally unorganically. At least I can pretend Xion and Axel would get along with HPO, but Saix is one step way too far.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm firmly in the sigil dislike camp, and I suppose I'm an odd Days fan in that I really dislike Axel as a character. He was fine in KH2, great even, but it's been downhill since imo. KH3 just compounded that for me. I never got the feeling that Axel and Xion were friends, there never seemed to be an organic relationship between the two of them for me. Why I really liked Days, especially when I was younger, was that I could relate awfully well to Roxas straddling two different (groups of) friends in such an awkward way. (Moving school/area etc) and making them meet was terrible haha. I don't think that was the intended interpretation, but that was what I got. To be honest the reasons I like Days are quite out of the norm, I've never really talked much about it before XD

Personally, I've always felt torn over where Roxas belongs. He felt so at home with HPO, but on the other hand I know his "proper" place is with RAX (even if I don't care for Axel). You'd think KH3's ending would be the perfect compromise for me but again, I just can't help but feel that second hand awkwardness at seeing these characters being placed into these situations totally unorganically. At least I can pretend Xion and Axel would get along with HPO, but Saix is one step way too far.
Axel and Xion's friendship was more subtle then in your face as was the case with Roxas. The diary entries I felt did a good enough job conveying Axel's friendship with Xion. I will agree that it wasn't strongly represented in the games. A shame because the non-canon manga and semi-canon novel did such a better job with RAX as a whole then the games did (but I could say that about a lot of things from the games)

As for Axel, I like him. It's Lea I'm not a fan of. It feels like none of the questionable stuff he did as Axel gets called out of. As for the ending it wasn't as organic as it could of been because it was rushed. It only looks weird to me because Lea and Isa are hanging around a bunch of minors. It's sweet but funny at the same time. I didn't have a problem with it because I figured it would be this if Roxas had returned.

I'm sadly not all that into HPO. They are cool in their own way but I wasn't super interested in seeing Roxas meet the real ones like I should have been. My love of Roxas comes from his Organization time, not the data Twilight Town tutorial. I think that depends on what they do next with them.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Axel and Xion's friendship was more subtle then in your face as was the case with Roxas. The diary entries I felt did a good enough job conveying Axel's friendship with Xion. I will agree that it wasn't strongly represented in the games. A shame because the non-canon manga and semi-canon novel did such a better job with RAX as a whole then the games did (but I could say that about a lot of things from the games)

As for Axel, I like him. It's Lea I'm not a fan of. It feels like none of the questionable stuff he did as Axel gets called out of. As for the ending it wasn't as organic as it could of been because it was rushed. It only looks weird to me because Lea and Isa are hanging around a bunch of minors. It's sweet but funny at the same time. I didn't have a problem with it because I figured it would be this if Roxas had returned.

I'm sadly not all that into HPO. They are cool in their own way but I wasn't super interested in seeing Roxas meet the real ones like I should have been. My love of Roxas comes from his Organization time, not the data Twilight Town tutorial. I think that depends on what they do next with them.
Aren't both Lea and Isa 16?

I'm not one for "calling out" people for things that they did in their past... let alone things that they were forced to do for the greater good. I don't see people going around demanding that Riku gets "called out" for everything he did in KH1, he beat himself up enough for that.

Anyway, I didn't realize RAX were so disliked. I always liked them -- although Axel was my least favourite, while I loved Roxas and Xion almost equally (depending on the day, I like one a little more than the other). One of the reasons I enjoyed Days so much was because Roxas reminded me a lot of myself where I got along with vastly different people that wouldn't get along with each other. I always felt like Roxas was this anchor for people, just relatable, and that's why so many people gravitate towards him. Which is why I felt like Axel and Xion's relationship wasn't as clearly defined as Axel/Roxas or Xion/Roxas.

I always felt like Axel's gripe with Xion was that her bond with Roxas was unique -- both from Sora and wielding keyblades. However, I think that their mutual concern over Roxas is what bonded Axel and Xion. The scene where Axel/Xion face off in Days showed their friendship, Xion trusted Axel with the job of capturing her and doing the "icky" business. I liked that it was a scene where Axel was finally able to vent his frustration of being the "normal" one who always had to deal with the other two thinking they're right and doing whatever they wanted. Side note: I just made the connection of "Don't hold back, Axel. Promise." by Xion and "Don't hold back, Lea. Promise." by Kairi... I feel so dumb lol.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Aren't both Lea and Isa 16?

I'm not one for "calling out" people for things that they did in their past... let alone things that they were forced to do for the greater good. I don't see people going around demanding that Riku gets "called out" for everything he did in KH1, he beat himself up enough for that.

Anyway, I didn't realize RAX were so disliked. I always liked them -- although Axel was my least favourite, while I loved Roxas and Xion almost equally (depending on the day, I like one a little more than the other). One of the reasons I enjoyed Days so much was because Roxas reminded me a lot of myself where I got along with vastly different people that wouldn't get along with each other. I always felt like Roxas was this anchor for people, just relatable, and that's why so many people gravitate towards him. Which is why I felt like Axel and Xion's relationship wasn't as clearly defined as Axel/Roxas or Xion/Roxas.

I always felt like Axel's gripe with Xion was that her bond with Roxas was unique -- both from Sora and wielding keyblades. However, I think that their mutual concern over Roxas is what bonded Axel and Xion. The scene where Axel/Xion face off in Days showed their friendship, Xion trusted Axel with the job of capturing her and doing the "icky" business. I liked that it was a scene where Axel was finally able to vent his frustration of being the "normal" one who always had to deal with the other two thinking they're right and doing whatever they wanted. Side note: I just made the connection of "Don't hold back, Axel. Promise." by Xion and "Don't hold back, Lea. Promise." by Kairi... I feel so dumb lol.
I think I worded that badly. By calling out I meant let's have Lea acknowledge the bad stuff he did as Axel more. I still wish we got a scene with him and Vexen/Even. I'm waiting for that scene so much.

I do like Axel and Xion's friendship. Like I said it was more subtle with them as they started off as friend's of a friend deal. That's actually something unique about their group. RAX isn't perfect but I like their imperfections, flaws, and negative traits as much as their positive ones. Outside Sora/Donald/Goofy it was the only trio that felt like a real group of friends going into KH3. I wish the other trios had what RAX had, especially Sora, Riku and Kairi. The main group outshined by a bunch of nobodies who aren't suppose to exist or feel anything.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Anyway, I didn't realize RAX were so disliked. I always liked them --

They aren't? This forum is not a representation of the whole community. I can assure you that the majority of fans like them, just like with almost every character in this series. I mean for example we trash on KH3 all the time here but the majority of the fan base loved it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
They aren't? This forum is not a representation of the whole community. I can assure you that the majority of fans like them, just like with almost every character in this series. I mean for example we trash on KH3 all the time here but the majority of the fan base loved it.
Depends on where and when you're talking about. Nowadays people generally seem to like them, but back when the game came out there was more vocal dislike for them, especially for Xion.

Personally I always really liked them. I feel out of all the trios their friendship has been developed the best.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
RAX certainly isn't disliked but they are a divisive trio, made up of a sum of equally strong positives and negatives. While Roxas has always been well liked, Axel's popularity has deteriorated with each game and Xion has been iffy right from the get go.

But I think out of all the trios, they've got the most vocal fanbase. Y'all are hardcore lol

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
on the subject of trios, I feel like 2019 brought a huge boost of support and love for SDG. It's funny how fans wanted KH to get more 'mature' and focus on original characters more, but when that ended up happening, it ended up being bad-to-divisive. Then, when finally getting the proper return of the SDG dynamic, they knocked it out of the park on all levels.

Which, bringing things back to the topic of ReMind, it was pretty disturbing to me that there was 0 new content involving Donald and Goofy. I heard that Goofy's actor passed in Japan, so it makes some sense that they weren't given dialogue, but come on. KH3 put Sora, Donald, and Goofy's fellowship center stage. Only the three of them were able to stand up to Xehanort. It was unironically awesome. Considering they put so much effort into strengthening and showcasing their bond, it'd have been nice to see Donald and Goofy's reaction, even if nonverbal, to Sora's disappearance.

Instead we get sleepy Kairi and explainy Riku.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Someone said previously that SRK isn't a trio, and it's true. The biggest reason is that they are always separated so we only get a few scenes of them bouncing off of each other before they are split again. However I'd say that if SRK isn't a trio, then for the same reason AVT is not a trio; because while they are all playable in the same game, they are never together for more than 10 mins before splitting up again and being away for hours until they meet... When they fight MX and Vanitas.

The only real trio's to me are SDG and RAX (in which I have problems with two of the three there.) OH! and HPOR is my favorite Quartet.

So I wanted to get this over with. I've hated Axel from around the time after KH2 to now. I don't hate many people in KH. Axel is one of the exceptions. Xion is just there and she feels weird, story-wise and character-wise. While I don't hate her, I don't really like her either, and her interactions with characters often comes off as cheap to me. Roxas is Okay/Good.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
But I think out of all the trios, they've got the most vocal fanbase. Y'all are hardcore lol
We plan to make you our 13th RAX vessel, Sign. You shall be the arc that sustains us Mwahahaha!

disney233

Awards
Someone said previously that SRK isn't a trio, and it's true. The biggest reason is that they are always separated so we only get a few scenes of them bouncing off of each other before they are split again. However I'd say that if SRK isn't a trio, then for the same reason AVT is not a trio; because while they are all playable in the same game, they are never together for more than 10 mins before splitting up again and being away for hours until they meet... When they fight MX and Vanitas.
I never said SRK isn't a trio. I said they're BARELY a trio. This trio have NO excuse to be as awkward as it is because SRK has been there since the beginning of this goddamn series. You'd think there'd be more chemistry from the trio that started this series off. Compared to TAV, SRK, TOGETHER has had so little screen time together...for 7/8 games. There were only 4 instances of SRK being together in the span of 7 games...and that's

Destiny Islands, where this whole journey began...only for everyone to be gone.
The World that Never Was, but that was gone in the final battle....because fuck Kairi I guess.
The King's Letter, to which Sora & Riku gotta do the Mark of Mastery....because fuck Kairi I guess.
And finally the Keyblade Graveyard....BUT FUCK KAIRI I GUESS.

It's usually Sora & Riku, and then Sora & Kairi. NEVER the three of them together. Even WHEN they're together, their dynamic seems...odd, literally JUST as odd as TAV's dynamic in Radiant Garden. And for christ's sake, they're the trio that STARTED this goddamn series.

This trio has BARELY been developed INTO a trio, and that's why I say they're BARELY a trio.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
on the subject of trios, I feel like 2019 brought a huge boost of support and love for SDG. It's funny how fans wanted KH to get more 'mature' and focus on original characters more, but when that ended up happening, it ended up being bad-to-divisive. Then, when finally getting the proper return of the SDG dynamic, they knocked it out of the park on all levels.

Which, bringing things back to the topic of ReMind, it was pretty disturbing to me that there was 0 new content involving Donald and Goofy. I heard that Goofy's actor passed in Japan, so it makes some sense that they weren't given dialogue, but come on. KH3 put Sora, Donald, and Goofy's fellowship center stage. Only the three of them were able to stand up to Xehanort. It was unironically awesome. Considering they put so much effort into strengthening and showcasing their bond, it'd have been nice to see Donald and Goofy's reaction, even if nonverbal, to Sora's disappearance.

I mean we didn't see Mickey's reaction, RIAX, Twilight Town gang, or even TAV's own (we saw them after Sora died, but they didn't say anything about him).

Their reaction is something I'm definitely looking forward to and I don't think it was necessary to have it in ReMIND/LimitCut. It's like you said (which I agree with), I love SDG having full-fledged adventures and KH3 was another great one with an epic ending as a trio. But we saw what they did together to Master Xehanort while we didn't see what the other guardians were doing. There was no need to add to their awesomeness.

What I did want to see what Donald/Goofy interacting with the rest of the original characters (beyond the beach party). A scene that I always wanted was Roxas/Donald & Goofy.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
After many losses, I finally beat Yozora. Did it twice to make sure the first time wasn't luck. Second time I let him stole the keyblade to make it harder.

I can see how important it was for Nomura to get this one right. He should be proud of his team.
It's a pretty fun boss. Took Lingering Will from my number 1 spot as my favourite secret boss from this franchise.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If the reason Donald and Goofy had no new scenes in Re:MIND was due to Goofy's VA passing away, what does that mean for them going forward?

Is Goofy important enough for a new VA or will he get Phil's treatment?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I presume Nomura wanted to use Re:MIND to address the issues the fans had with vanilla KH3. SDG interactions weren't an issue, so I presume he focused on everyone except them.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
After many losses, I finally beat Yozora. Did it twice to make sure the first time wasn't luck. Second time I let him stole the keyblade to make it harder.

I can see how important it was for Nomura to get this one right. He should be proud of his team.
It's a pretty fun boss. Took Lingering Will from my number 1 spot as my favourite secret boss from this franchise.
Congrats! I beat him once and I was done lol! I might try him again after I do my run through of the Data Organization.

I still think Xion (KH3ReMIND) is my favourite boss fight in all of KH. Yozora's fight is better, but there's something about Xion's own that I just like more... or maybe it's just that I actually feel like I have a chance against Xion lol.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Good going. I got lucky in that fight, pure luck when I won. It was not skill or careful planning for me. That's the power of OP defense boost lol. Glad you were able to win.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If the reason Donald and Goofy had no new scenes in Re:MIND was due to Goofy's VA passing away, what does that mean for them going forward?

Is Goofy important enough for a new VA or will he get Phil's treatment?
Goofy will definitely be voiced again. Doesn't Disney hire specific people to always do certain character voices? Goofy is a pretty mainstream/constantly used Disney character compared to Phil, so I imagine that Disney will mandate a new Japanese Goofy voice actor soon.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Congrats! I beat him once and I was done lol! I might try him again after I do my run through of the Data Organization.

I still think Xion (KH3ReMIND) is my favourite boss fight in all of KH. Yozora's fight is better, but there's something about Xion's own that I just like more... or maybe it's just that I actually feel like I have a chance against Xion lol.
After I beat Yozora twice, I went back to Data Xion right away. She's really something special!
I guess that's how you see when boss battles are well done. Even though you already beat them, you just go back for more.

Back