• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Premiere Event press release confirms voices of Sulley and Mike from Monsters Inc.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonickenshin

Awards

Yep, here you go! He confirmed it back in January.

https://twitter.com/Swindletopher/status/953812026941366272

Also if we had paid more attention to the Disney VA scene, we could have figured out he's voicing Sulley in KH3 like a month ago.

https://twitter.com/Swindletopher/status/989954228218089473
Huh! What do you know!

Yeah, that's a good Sulley! Hope he's good with dubbing

Leaferian

Awards
That's a good Sulley, and I never did mind Mike's Infinity voice so. The only Disney VA so far I feel weird about is Woody, and only because... Like, Jim Hanks does a great impression of his brother just his voice is just too LIGHT. It's like... like he's missing a decade on his voice. He's younger, softer, less of that punch. And I really don't think it's his fault, it just makes about half the lines sound funny to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Carlos is great. He's been voicing Mike in games since 2001. And he's a Disney legend, always voicing a variety of characters in TV, movies, and video games.

I'm glad they replace Sulley's VA from Disney Infinity. We just was not good and it would have been extremely distracting.

Cakeberry

Woah, I already knew Carlos was good as Mike, but I didn't know about Christopher until now and he sounds so much like the original Sulley!!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
If you'd like to hear a sample of Christopher's work as Sulley, check out this vid! (Billy Crystal reprises his role as Mike in this show.)

[video=youtube;21SZVBrMyi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21SZVBrMyi8[/video]

For Carlos as Mike:

[video=youtube;g6nHDWoO7a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6nHDWoO7a0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ah yeah he sounds way better than the Disney Infinity dude, good! Now I am excited for his performance!

And he's still busy with his film and TV work, particularly the latter in the Roseanne reboot on ABC. So there was no way that John and Billy would reprise their roles as Mike and Sulley.

Looking forward to hearing more of Carlos voicing Mike as he does a good job voicing Mike in the video games when Billy Crystal is unavailable. I have yet to hear what Christopher Swindle will sound like as Sulley.

Pretty sure the Original cast for Frozen will return, especially Josh Gad for Olaf. Idina Menzel as Elsa goes, either way, she was able to return to voice her in the Disney INFINITY games and other merchandising, although in one of the Disney app games (don't know which one) Elsa was voiced by someone else.

Personally, it will depend on Idina's current schedule cause even though she doesn't have a tour until the Fall, it will largely depend if Disney/Square Enix ask her first and she's available to do it, but I'm certain she will come back.

What game did they get someone else to voice her? The only app game I have is Magic Kingdoms and they stopped getting voice actors at all after just the main crew and Toy Story peeps. I hear Jim Hanks on that everyday lol, so probably why I am so used to hearing him tbh.

I expected pretty much everyone from the Disney Studios movies, minus the ones who have't reprised their roles in their respective shows maybe?

Disney's going to be releasing a Monsters Inc. TV series in 2019. It's smart for them to get you conditioned to Sully and Mike's new voices starting with this game.

wut

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I think Carlos is a great fit for Mike. I think it's pretty spot on.

From what I could tell with the sample for Sully, Chris' voice should be deeper, but it's fairly close. I'd find it difficult to impersonate John Goodman's voice.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
What game did they get someone else to voice her?
It was an app, technically a storybook app called Disney Princess: Royal Celebration where Anna and Elsa were guest characters in the Frozen portion and this was the ONLY time that Idina didn't voice Elsa. Pretty much in the Disney Infinity games, the Lego Frozen tv special, the shorts (Frozen Fever, Olaf's Frozen Adventure) and every Frozen related merchandising Idina has been the voice for Elsa

[video=youtube;KGKBXN08Fl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGKBXN08Fl8[/video]

If you'd like to hear a sample of Christopher's work as Sulley, check out this vid! (Billy Crystal reprises his role as Mike in this show.)

[video=youtube;21SZVBrMyi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21SZVBrMyi8[/video]
Wow, Christopher Swindle is really good and I mean really, really good at sounding extremely close to John Goodman's portrayal as Sulley I couldn't tell the difference.

I'm indifferent if the original actors who voiced some the characters from the Disney/Pixar films don't return to the games, since usually it happens all the time with most actors. Some of them are busy doing other projects, others don't want to do it or they cost a lot of money. As long as the voice actor who's filling in for this Disney/Pixar character (e.g. Chris Swindle, Erin Cotrell, Phil LaMarr, Jess Harnell, Cam Clarke, Mike MacRae, etc...) sounds very close to the original actor from the film without sounding out of place it can work really well and can't tell the difference, for others not so much.

Can't wait for Christopher Swindle's role as Sulley in III.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Christopher Swindle was cast to play Hound in a Transformers VR experience, and while to my knowledge the thing never materialized, it sounds like he’s solid casting if he’s been picked to play two John Goodman roles.

Obviously John Goodman was a long shot so I’m not too disappointed, same for Tom Hanks. As Tim Allen and Billy Crystal aren’t doing nearly as much as Hanks and Goodman, I was more optimistic about one of them coming back. I imagine if Randall shows up, they won’t have Steve Buscemi either.

I dunno, it feels like ever since, what, KH2, they’ve barely made an effort to get back the surviving original voice actors for Disney characters. Obviously I don’t know the process of casting and all, so maybe there have been more offers to the original voices than we know, but time constraints and budget and all. We get some regulars like James Woods, Tate Donovan, Jonathan Freeman, Pat Carroll, and Gilbert Gottfried (and now John Ratzenberger and Wallace Shawn), but it still feels like not much effort has been put in. The biggest surprise in recent games was having Hugo, Victor, and Laverne’s actors back in 3D.

I always did hold out hope they could get Goodman and Hanks back just to pimp the star power of the game for press releases.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think a big part of it is just Disney wanting consistency in their material that's outside of the films. Even for the Japanese version, it was pointed out that they didn't get the original Japanese dubs for Buzz and Woody and that this was by Disney's request.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I think a big part of it is just Disney wanting consistency in their material that's outside of the films. Even for the Japanese version, it was pointed out that they didn't get the original Japanese dubs for Buzz and Woody and that this was by Disney's request.

Strange indeed, to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back