• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Novel Vol.2 Cover Revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The second volume of the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 novel adaptation, titled "New Seven Hearts" will be released on July 25th, 2019. The Square Enix e-STORE has updated their product page with the cover artwork, depicting Sora, Donald and Goofy in awe of Queen Elsa's magic in Arendelle.

True love can thaw a frozen heart!
Travel to Disney worlds to protect the hearts of light in Volume 2 of the KINGDOM HEARTS III novel!

Kingdom of Corona, a world where you travel with Rapunzel, a girl with a pure heart and beautiful long hair.
'Monsters Inc.', a company in Monstropolis that turns children's laughter into energy.
Head into an old picture book to visit Pooh, a silly old bear who lives in the 100 Acre Wood.
And of course, Arendelle, where Queen Elsa, terrified of hurting the one that matters most with her magical powers, runs away deep into the mountains alone.

Sora, Donald and Goofy travel to various worlds in the second act of KINGDOM HEARTS III!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Soldier

Awards
Oh great, more frozen stuff, honestly at a impasse as to whether or not ill buy this based on the cover alone. That wasn't a good world to begin with.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh great, more frozen stuff, honestly at a impasse as to whether or not ill buy this based on the cover alone. That wasn't a good world to begin with.

I mean... there will be other illustrations inside the novel.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Disney's demands for Arendelle:
- Our princesses don't fight
- Stay at the mountain
- Recreate Let It Go
- Find Olaf
- Hans comes from nowhere

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's totally expected and passé, but damn if Shiro hasn't done it again and made me feel things with his magical art. I just love it. *3*

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The artwork is amazing, but it sucks that Frozen got the cover. Corona, Monstropolis, and even 100 Acre Wood had more to do with the main story and was more involved with Sora than Arendelle.

I guess Disney is in control of the novels as well.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The artwork is amazing, but it sucks that Frozen got the cover. Corona, Monstropolis, and even 100 Acre Wood had more to do with the main story and was more involved with Sora than Arendelle.

I guess Disney is in control of the novels as well.

Frozen is the 3rd top grossing film of all time in Japan. They LOVE this movie over there.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Frozen is the 3rd top grossing film of all time in Japan.
Yet was as meaningless as the Disney worlds in Coded. If the book's about KH3, it should feature the most important/relevant stuff to KH3 on the cover.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yet was as meaningless as the Disney worlds in Coded. If the book's about KH3, it should feature the most important/relevant stuff to KH3 on the cover.

SE wants to capitalize on the popularity of Frozen. Trust me when I say if the cover wasn’t Frozen, it probably would have been Pooh and that’s even less relevant haha

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
SE wants to capitalize on the popularity of Frozen. Trust me when I say if the cover wasn’t Frozen, it probably would have been Pooh and that’s even less relevant haha
I mean I guess there are 2 of the hearts of light in Arendelle, so that makes some sense... I would have preferred Pooh tbh.

drew0512

Awards
I don't see the problem with the cover, especially considering that it makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Besides, KH1's manga has Atlantica as one of its covers and that world had even less connections to the main plot than Arendelle.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't see the problem with the cover, especially considering that it makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Besides, KH1's manga has Atlantica as one of its covers and that world had even less connections to the main plot than Arendelle.

There really isn't anything wrong with it. I think most people just expected something different, but we got exactly what we should have expected.

The thing is, I don't think any of us have any idea of what we DID expect so it's just like a "Huh" moment

drew0512

Awards
There really isn't anything wrong with it. I think most people just expected something different, but we got exactly what we should have expected.

The thing is, I don't think any of us have any idea of what we DID expect so it's just like a "Huh" moment
Sure, my initial reaction was actually "Ugh, of course it's Frozen". It was mainly a response to Face My Fears because plot relevance isn't really a factor when it comes to these things.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think most people just expected something different, but we got exactly what we should have expected.
Sounds exactly like this fandom in the months prior to KH3’s launch with their outlandish theories that made no sense when the reality was right in front of their faces the entire time.

I wish it wasn’t Frozen, but out of the worlds covered in the novel, it makes the most sense for a number of reasons, all of which are extremely clear.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I'm not really shocked Elsa's on the cover. Frozen is like the third or fourth highest grossing movie in Japan or something like that.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Ok, gonna have to defend my favorite KH game here and say that the worlds in Re: coded are actually far more relevant to it's main plot than Arendelle is to KH3's. Every single world you go to has you debugging that zone and unlocking more of the secrets locked away in the journal, and it was also the only way for Mickey and the rest to get back home. Additionally, it's the plot of Wonderland that prompts Data Riku to finally reveal himself to the other characters once he felt like Data Sora had gained a deep enough understanding of the data scape to be of use. Pete also appears in a couple of worlds, manipulating events that directly tie back to the main plot and (unlike KH3's non-committal tangents) eventually results in Data Riku getting kidnapped after Pete's tampering finally compelled him to move into the action himself, thus moving the plot forward. Those worlds were then scavenged by Data Roxas in order to create the secondary data worlds in Castle Oblivion, all of which help Data Sora understand the nature of hurt, and that enables both him and Mickey to discover those tied to Sora. Learning how they were waiting to be saved and freed from the same hurt Data Sora had just come to understand as a result of those final worlds (and that of course, led to DDD). Compare this to all the nothing the KH3 Disney worlds (or just worlds in general) did for Sora in achieving the PoW. If there's any game I'd compare Arendelle in particular to in terms of importance to the main plot, it'd probably be Re: chain.

Back