• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Novel Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Goofy being completely extra makes for an amazing cover. I'd be down for a print of this just since the trio look amazing.

Not on topic, but since it's technically in the thread I just want you to know I officially hate you for putting something so obviously spoiler-ific in your sig.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Ah it's good to see new Amano art after the manga ended :wink:
I can't wait to see how he does the new outfits ^w^

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Not insanely different but for example the CoM novel dedicated almost the entire second part to Repliku’s twisted memories and point of view. The KH2 novels add some really great looks at what Riku, Axel, and Namine we’re doing while Sora was off traveling the worlds (+ all of the best Sora and Riku moments to ever exist). BBS has a lot of good content like the Vanitas backstory and a lot of family stuff for TAV & Eraqus. Days is a shocking gem. The various days of Roxas and Xion’s lives feel more lively and engaging to experience.

Very interesting. Thank you! I'll have to check them out.

Hoarse_Phuqer

Regrettably I've never read any of the novels or manga. Do they add anything to the overall plot or is it merely a step by step novelization of the games?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Regrettably I've never read any of the novels or manga. Do they add anything to the overall plot or is it merely a step by step novelization of the games?

I mentioned it on this page for Raz but for the novels:

"Not insanely different but for example the CoM novel dedicated almost the entire second part to Repliku’s twisted memories and point of view. The KH2 novels add some really great looks at what Riku, Axel, and Namine we’re doing while Sora was off traveling the worlds (+ all of the best Sora and Riku moments to ever exist). BBS has a lot of good content like the Vanitas backstory and a lot of family stuff for TAV & Eraqus. Days is a shocking gem. The various days of Roxas and Xion’s lives feel more lively and engaging to experience."

In the past they did add info that was not revealed in the games but was info Nomura provided to Kanemaki, for example Namine hints at Axel being revived after his sacrifice in the KH2 novel. This was prior to us knowing that when a Nobody and a Heartless are defeated, their "Somebody" would return.

The novels also take liberties on how certain events happened, which is good if you aren't looking for a 1:1 take on events.

The manga are a whole other ball-game. Amano takes a ton of liberties, which makes the manga its own story. They are really fun and exciting. Amano has rearranged certain events so the narrative flows better, and also cuts out a number of worlds to make a more engaging story.

Overall, I recommend both the novels and the manga series to any fan because they each offer up their own take on Kingdom Hearts.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
So now that the novel for KH3 has been out for a few weeks, I'm wondering if any fan translations, or at least a summary of what it adds/removes from the game, have made their way online yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So now that the novel for KH3 has been out for a few weeks, I'm wondering if any fan translations, or at least a summary of what it adds/removes from the game, have made their way online yet.

Well, there are a few translations...sorta.

Back