• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Novel Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The first volume of the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 novel adaptation, titled "Re:Start!!" is releasing on March 28th, 2019. Amazon Japan has updated their product page with the cover of the novel:

It's not something you can simply teach 
The desire to save your friends―――that alone is enough 

"But first, you must regain all the strength you have lost."

Sora has lost much of the strength he had gained when he traveled into the Sleeping Worlds for the Mark of Master Exam. The great wizard Yen Sid tasks Sora to go on a journey to perfect the Power of Waking. In order to stop Xehanort's grand scheme, Sora, Donald and Goofy's new journey begins! The conclusion of the Dark Seeker Saga, the first part of KINGDOM HEARTS III begins here!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I know it's Amano we're talking about here, but this cover is particularly cute. *3*

LexKitteh

I kinda forgot about the manga! Maybe there will be some actual character development shown and more interactions between the 'saved' characters than just huddled together and sobbing.

Though if the DLC adds new cutscenes and content throughout the main story, I wonder how the manga could incorporate it after the fact.. Though I suppose most of that would be in the final stretch of the story, so the DLC may be released by the time the manga gets to that point.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Considering KH2’s manga has the best Kairi characterization, I have reasonably high hopes for this!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Aww Sora bb doing the tongue-face emoji.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I kinda forgot about the manga! Maybe there will be some actual character development shown and more interactions between the 'saved' characters than just huddled together and sobbing.

Though if the DLC adds new cutscenes and content throughout the main story, I wonder how the manga could incorporate it after the fact.. Though I suppose most of that would be in the final stretch of the story, so the DLC may be released by the time the manga gets to that point.

Considering KH2’s manga has the best Kairi characterization, I have reasonably high hopes for this!

Novel, guys. Novel.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Always had an interest in the novels but this would be the first time I'm truly curious on how it'll cover events.

Seeing as how people think it's the manga every time we report novel news, yes.
As annoying as it is it doesn't help one bit that the covers are being done by Shiro Amano.

Megavoltage

Awards
I'm dying to see what changes are made during the Keyblade Graveyard confrontation.

Sdog

Awards
Goofy being completely extra makes for an amazing cover. I'd be down for a print of this just since the trio look amazing.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm dying to see what changes are made during the Keyblade Graveyard confrontation.

As someone who has never read the novels, are there significant changes/expansions to the plot, usually? I seem to remember reading that Vanitas got more character development.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As someone who has never read the novels, are there significant changes/expansions to the plot, usually? I seem to remember reading that Vanitas got more character development.

Not insanely different but for example the CoM novel dedicated almost the entire second part to Repliku’s twisted memories and point of view. The KH2 novels add some really great looks at what Riku, Axel, and Namine we’re doing while Sora was off traveling the worlds (+ all of the best Sora and Riku moments to ever exist). BBS has a lot of good content like the Vanitas backstory and a lot of family stuff for TAV & Eraqus. Days is a shocking gem. The various days of Roxas and Xion’s lives feel more lively and engaging to experience.

Back