• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Nomura Interview with Edge-Online!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The best and most important bit of info is in the last paragraph. Colour me excited!

Thanks for sharing, as always!

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
He was in the regular version of Birth by Sleep too, lol. No Heart was the big new secret boss for BBS:FM.
Wouldn't be surprised if No Heart becomes KH3's final boss, or at least makes it into the game somewhere. Considering how his theme's a combination of XH's and Xemnas', I'd be surprised if this wasn't massive foreshadowing.

Brain blast: Nightmare Armor of the Master boss fight, with Eraqus' armor protecting Terra. Calling that shit right now.

They sometimes seem like they like to do that. And I hear rumors that they hate money too.
Lovely how they're working with Disney, a company that's the exact opposite of that.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Wouldn't be surprised if No Heart becomes KH3's final boss, or at least makes it into the game somewhere. Considering how his theme's a combination of XH's and Xemnas', I'd be surprised if this wasn't massive foreshadowing.

No Heart's theme is my favorite boss song in the whole series, even more than the oh so famous Xemnas boss song from DDD. If they make a super remix of that song for the final boss in KH3, I will explode with teh epic.

Brain blast: Nightmare Armor of the Master boss fight, with Eraqus' armor protecting Terra. Calling that shit right now.

Myself and Jimmy Neutron salute you for such a thought.

Lovely how they're working with Disney, a company that's the exact opposite of that.

*Old school Sonic voice*

"STRANGE, ISN'T IT?"

Gram

Banned
Awards
It feels so weird to get so much interview-nomura time so close together. 0_0
Good interview, find it kinda endearing that his contact guy at disney has been the same this whole time. xD
Disney made requests for the Kingdom Hearts series to expand to small titles on other platforms? I wonder what could have become of that? Leave us your thoughts in our hustling bustling forums.
This worried me though....

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The interview was good, been awhile since we've gotten to know more from Nomura. It looks like FFXV will still be release first like before when it was Versus; biggest difference is that they have KH3 in development. Silly Nomura, worrying over his trailer that fans have been dying to see for yrs!

Disney made requests for the Kingdom Hearts series to expand to small titles on other platforms? I wonder what could have become of that? Leave us your thoughts in our hustling bustling forums.

^ I think once the Xehanort saga ends, it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see the series expand to other platforms for any of us. What's strange is that it's Disney requesting it. Maybe more Disney characters will be involved in the new series and more merchandise to follow by doing this; giving them more money, perhaps? Idk.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Me too. The last thing we need is another departure to handheld games after the release of KH3. That mess was what caused the need to make 1.5 and 2.5 in the first place (other than just because HD collections are sexy). Surely they wouldn't be silly enough to consider going through all of that again?

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ I think once the Xehanort saga ends, it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see the series expand to other platforms for any of us. What's strange is that it's Disney requesting it. Maybe more Disney characters will be involved in the new series and more merchandise to follow by doing this; giving them more money, perhaps? Idk.
It's not much of a surprise sure but not sure how I feel about it after just now fixing the whole 'spread over other consoles' problem.
If they do go this route, again, hopefully the smaller titles focus on the other characters such as TAV and RAX. Maybe about them rebuilding their lives.

Me too. The last thing we need is another departure to handheld games after the release of KH3. That mess was what caused the need to make 1.5 and 2.5 in the first place (other than just because HD collections are sexy). Surely they wouldn't be silly enough to consider going through all of that again?
Well like I said hopefully the smaller ones would focus on other characters instead of it being a big mess where the actual main story is on several platforms.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It's not much of a surprise sure but not sure how I feel about it after just now fixing the whole 'spread over other consoles' problem.
If they do go this route, again, hopefully the smaller titles focus on the other characters such as TAV and RAX. Maybe about them rebuilding their lives..

I don't want to see the main storyline to be put on so many platforms again either, it's too messy and time consuming. Well, it's not like we didn't get a small title focus of both those groups, but, I don't think rebuilding their lives are enough, more likely it will still connect to the main story only wouldn't it be better to have new characters involved? It'd be more interesting if we could see Master Xehanort, Yen Sid and Eraqus time together. Or other keyblade wielders besides Sora and Riku.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't want to see the main storyline to be put on so many platforms again either, it's too messy and time consuming. Well, it's not like we didn't get a small title focus of both those groups, but, I don't think rebuilding their lives are enough, more likely it will still connect to the main story only wouldn't it be better to have new characters involved? It'd be more interesting if we could see Master Xehanort, Yen Sid and Eraqus time together. Or other keyblade wielders besides Sora and Riku.

True we did get a small focus on both groups but it was all apart of the main story, if it's gonna happen give me one that is about them. Of course it'd connect in some way but not to the point it has been where you need several consoles to know whats going on. At most just points where each story intersects with another, like TAV running into sora on one of their stories.
I dont see there being any new characters right off the bat nor would I like to see any that quickly.
Sadly Nomura said BBS is as far back as the story will go into the past so =[
Though I dont really mind I've had my fill of Xehanort by this point.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Looking at it from a positive perspective, not only has Disney been working with Square for a number of years, but apparently their arbiter of sorts has surprisingly been the same since the series' conception. I trust that at least some people on Disney's end are aware of the series' rough edges in the past so much as to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself. Unlike us, this is their job.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Looking at it from a positive perspective, not only has Disney been working with Square for a number of years, but apparently their arbiter of sorts has surprisingly been the same since the series' conception. I trust that at least some people on Disney's end are aware of the series' rough edges in the past so much as to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself. Unlike us, this is their job.

Hopefully your right, I'm just not as hopeful about it until I actually see what they do later on.

Terarded

what? he was worried about his trailers!?
all of the other trailers had me bored while the kingdom hearts 3 one had me jumping up and down screaming like a prepubescent girl.

needless to say he won e3

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
what? he was worried about his trailers!?
all of the other trailers had me bored while the kingdom hearts 3 one had me jumping up and down screaming like a prepubescent girl.

needless to say he won e3

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell to be completely fair though, how much of that excitement had to do with the fact that you were a KH fan VS the trailer actually being really good.

If we look at the trailer itself without all the hype, it's really nothing special. Half of it is a bunch of clips from previous games put together with their titles being displayed. Another half just shows Sora picking up Eraqus' keyblade, which is interesting for those who played BBS, but for those who didn't, they don't realize the significance of that scene. Then just the logo. And then 10 seconds of fake gameplay.

As far as the KH3 trailer goes, I can see his concern. The FFXV trailer was perfect though! It was everything it needed to be and more!

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't think we have to worry about Nomura throwing in a bunch of handheld games after KH3 is released it's to big of a headache to deal with. I do however think the Home console+ Handheld game method is a good strategy having the handheld game act as a bridge in between the main numbered entries the prime example would be KH:COM. To me that's the perfect way to do these things and using the bridge games to high light other side characters (although the KH roster is incredibly huge and grows bigger each game) and gives them a chance in the spotlight.

In fact I think having the hand held series focusing on TAV as a whole would be a pretty interesting concept to pursue.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Guys, I think we're looking too deeply into the "Disney requesting more games on more platforms thing". It was simply listed as a possibility maybe for future spinoff social games or something. I think the real hitter will be a merch expansion.

Also, I love that Nomura implies he wants the hd collections to go multiplatform.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Guys, I think we're looking too deeply into the "Disney requesting more games on more platforms thing". It was simply listed as a possibility maybe for future spinoff social games or something. I think the real hitter will be a merch expansion.

KINGDOM HEARTS AT DISNEYWORLD!

Okay, no. That won't happen. And it's probably best, honestly. All of my money would die the moment I set foot into such a beautiful place.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS AT DISNEYWORLD!

Okay, no. That won't happen. And it's probably best, honestly. All of my money would die the moment I set foot into such a beautiful place.

Actually, it's looking likely. I didn't know how much Disney was behind KH honestly since after KH1, Disney looked like they gave up on KH from a profit standpoint and just had it because it didn't do poorly by any means and was cool.

However, as I've said recently many times lol, Disney has been reintroducing KH merchandise into the parks. First with the limited edition Kingdom Hearts pin that came out 2 years back (which sold out so fast and now sells for well over $60) and then last year they released a few keychains (that were from Hot Topic, but still KH) and a new open edition Mickey pin in his organization coat.

The biggest step forward is easily the KH panel at this year's D23 in Japan. While it may be in Japan, Disney is letting KH take up a whole part of their convention and their very first one in Japan albeit that.

According to cast members at the park, Disney has been slowly introducing more KH merchandise as of late. While I doubt KH will ever get its own section or its own store, it's very likely that we may one day see a small section of a store dedicated to KH at the parks and that's all I can ask for ^_^

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I sure hope so! I'm so tired of the only KH merch being the same Hot Topic shirts that've been out since the release of KH2, and the special stuff you can find on the internet. Having even a small shop in a Disney park would be incredible. The only KH merchandise I saw in the entirety of Disneyworld was a copy of Birth By Sleep in the videogame section at one of the parks. That's it. I might have seen Re:coded and some of the PS2 games as well. Can't remember. But that's it. It was sad, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back