• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 manga to begin serialization on April 29th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Last month, it was confirmed that a KINGDOM HEARTS 3 manga adaptation by Shiro Amano is currently in the works by manga artist Shiro Amano. The manga, which was originally scheduled to begin serialization in Square Enix's GanGan ONLINE web magazine on April 25th, has since been delayed. Instead, it will be making its debut on April 29th.

Amano addressed the delay on his Twitter:

I'm sure many of you are already aware by now, as it was previously announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 manga would be posted in GanGan ONLINE on the 25th.

My apologies, but I was unable to meet the deadline.

Because of this, it is now scheduled to be posted in the next update.

In addition, it will be published in the magazine releasing on May 11th.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With YouKingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

disney233

Awards
Is it the manga or the novel that's in fruition for the 29th? It's hard for me to understand which is which anymore.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it the manga or the novel that's in fruition for the 29th? It's hard for me to understand which is which anymore.

It’s not that hard when they are two distinct words. Manga is the manga, the book with the substantial amount pictures that form a story. Novel is the novel., the book with all of the words in it that form a story.

Amano makes the manga. Kanemaki makes the novel and Amano illustrates.

We have never used any other phrasing for these different books. It’s the manga or novel. When we say manga, we are talking about the manga. When we say novel, we are talking about the novel.

This is the manga that is beginning its serialization. The first novel already released in March.

2 quid is good

Awards
It hasn't even started and there's already a hiatus? Quite possibly the most on-brand way to start the KH3 Manga XD
Of course, I hope Amano is doing okay, I've been really looking forward to his adaptation.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It hasn't even started and there's already a hiatus? Quite possibly the most on-brand way to start the KH3 Manga XD
Of course, I hope Amano is doing okay, I've been really looking forward to his adaptation.

They can be a bit more flexible with the scheduling online, at least, so hopefully that is keeping the pressure off of him a bit.

Muke

whatever
Awards
What a lovely birthday gift! 😄
I think it's really cool how up-front he is about not having met the deadline! Can't wait for the manga AND the novel, this game will own my wallet in motr ways than one haha! Especially with that DLC coming up!!
Which makes me wonder if DLC story "updates" will also make an appearance in the novel/manga

KudoTsurugi

Awards
What a lovely birthday gift! 😄
I think it's really cool how up-front he is about not having met the deadline! Can't wait for the manga AND the novel, this game will own my wallet in motr ways than one haha! Especially with that DLC coming up!!
Which makes me wonder if DLC story "updates" will also make an appearance in the novel/manga
I certainly hope so, that'd be a really cool thing to add in 😁

Back