• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Japanese Cinema Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Sora: 俺はみんながいたから戦えたんだ!一人じゃダメなんだ
I could only fight because everyone was here. I can't do it alone.

Riku: 心が面したことは誰も止められない。At least, I think I heard that right.
Nobody can stop what I've set my heart on
Not 100% on this one

Willing to guess that this is the part of where the prophecy of where the Light is about to be snuffed out is happening. Sora looks to be at a place that's rocky, so possibly the Keyblade Graveyard. I'm guessing that given what he's saying here and seeing him on his knees crying, maybe everyone else were defeated. It also reminds me of the chess game in one of the trailers where YX says checkmate. So whatever that's happening, it's not looking good for Sora at all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So since we getting let it go that means we getting the full I see the light as well
No it doesn’t.

Frozen and Let It Go was absolutely massive in Japan, which is why the included it. Osaka putting the lantern scene in does not guarantee that I Can See The Light is being included.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
No it doesn’t.

Frozen and Let It Go was absolutely massive in Japan, which is why the included it. Osaka putting the lantern scene in does not guarantee that I Can See The Light is being included.
damm that sucks oh I hope idina voice changed doesn’t affect us the scene as much then

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Of course, it doesn’t mean I See the Light will be in, but I sure hope it is. Even if it’s an orchestration of it.

Yborra

Interesting. I believe the ”Let it Go” sequence is pre rendered, Elsa’s dress simulation is way better than Rapunzel’s ingame dress.
I hope “I see the Light” is on the game too, I love that song ❤️

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Besides the first scene, this trailer was as disappointing as I expected it to be.

And it's another trailer where Riku speaks and yet we don't have a english version to officially confirm David Gallagher's return. It's such a strange coincidence. I'm getting anxious...=\

Final Trailer so be it!

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Alrighty, so I've had this idea for a weeks now, and thanks to this trailer, I'm much more confident about it. Since KH3 was first announced, I was one of the ones who believed, if nothing more than for the sake of poetic value (when looking at the title of the game) that there would at least 3 people left to oppose Xehanort when all was lost (KH1- Sora; KH2- Sora and Riku). For months, I personally believed, and hoped, that these potential three would be Sora, Roxas, and Ventus. The opening (from what we've seen) appeared to mildly support this idea: showing the three of them reaching out for the female of their trio before being left alone in the end, indicating to me that they shared a similar goal. Grant it, the openings have always been more conceptual than anything else, so this wasn't the strongest of evidence. However, in the past few weeks, I've since changed my mind on who the final three might end up being.

As odd as it seems, there's more upfront evidence that Terra will be one of the final lights to oppose Xehanort. Bare with me please, but as we've seen from short version of the Big Hero 6 trailer, Terranort is standing at the base of the Rising Ruins. We later see Lingering Will attacking Terranort (much to the later's surprise); indicating to me that LW shows up suddenly and at the last minute. All of this said, my guess is that Terranort will be more of a literal guard for the Seeker's while they carry out the final stages of their plan (explaining why we see 14 gold chess pieces- if we're counting Terranort's). This may put him in the perfect position to be saved, and ultimately assist Sora in his hour of need. Putting him as one of the final characters to oppose Xehanort.

Other than Terra, I still believe Roxas will be among the final three for a few reasons. 1) We see him at the base of the rising structure in the BH6 trailer (more on this later); 2) We know thanks to Nomura that Roxas will have a major role, we just don't know WHAT; 3) Roxas saving Sora would perfectly allow things to come full circle since Sora would have just recently revived him. His sudden appearance at the end also makes sense symbolically since we never see his chess piece in any trailer (implying that he could be an unforeseen wrench thrown into Xehanort's plans, similar to Aqua in BBS), and this may shed light on Eraqus' final move after supposedly being in "checkmate."

My resolve for this theory was strengthened by what this trailer shows. It immediately opens up with Sora on his knees pleading for help, all while showing shots of his lost friends. But you wanna know what's interesting? The first two shots are of Roxas and Terra specifically, THEN everyone else (also importent to note, this is from the opening that went out of it's way to introduce the trio's in chronological order). Coincidence? Maybe, until you realize that the same thing happened in the DDD opening. Roxas appeared first, then Terra second; followed by Ventus and Aqua. Furthermore, and correct me if I'm wrong, but have we seen a hint of anyone besides these three (in terms of the guardians) being present when the Seekers are on their rising platform (which I believe is after they already put down the Guardians of Light)? Yes we saw Riku, Mickey, Lea, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy fighting with Sora, but it was more so against a gigantic horde of heartless, Unversed, and Nobodies, rather than the actual Seekers themselves (which may explain how all the guardians were possibly beat while the Seekers seemed t remain perfectly fine [something I always found strange]). And we haven't seen even one shot of Ventus or Aqua in what I'm assuming is the end game scenario (suggesting that, for whatever reason, they may end up sitting this one out).

Overall, I somewhat like this idea. It gives Terra the chance to properly make up for his mistakes (fulfilling his promise), and it gives Roxas the chance to truly stop being selfish (unless forced otherwise) and finally repay Sora for working so hard to save him (something he himself was beginning to doubt was possible in DDD). I imagine there will be some heartfelt words between two (Roxas & Sora). During it all, Sora may finally end up fulfilling his destiny. Also- and I just now thought of this, if Roxas is the one to pick Sora back up from his despair (which would explain the upward shot of him in the BH6 trailer, since Sora's on his knees), then he'd be the "key" to helping Sora unlock his destiny. Sort of explains why he was thematically given the title: "Key of Destiny," doesn't it?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Besides the first scene, this trailer was as disappointing as I expected it to be.

And it's another trailer where Riku speaks and yet we don't have a english version to officially confirm David Gallagher's return. It's such a strange coincidence. I'm getting anxious...=\

Final Trailer so be it!

It’s a 30s CM for theaters. I don’t think there was much to expect from it, or anything to draw any conclusions from in terms of cast.

TheZX

Awards
The feels are real! Ya can't just hit me with Sora in pain like that from the start!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This game is really going to have to work overtime if it wants me to think it isn’t good. It deserves GOTY for the little high five with Remy alone.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It’s a 30s CM for theaters. I don’t think there was much to expect from it, or anything to draw any conclusions from in terms of cast.
I know. I'm just not liking this strange coincidence of everytime we get an english trailer, it's one where Riku doesn't talk. We've already heard most of the major characters by now, including Master Xehanort's new voice.

The fact there still isn't any official confirmation of David Gallagher's return, as far as I know, doesn't help either.

the red monster

Awards
This game is really going to have to work overtime if it wants me to think it isn’t good. It deserves GOTY for the little high five with Remy alone.
It got my vote for goty because aquanort
real talk, if they dare killing aqua at kh3 i'm throwing my ps4 out the window.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Alrighty, so I've had this idea for a weeks now, and thanks to this trailer, I'm much more confident about it. Since KH3 was first announced, I was one of the ones who believed, if nothing more than for the sake of poetic value (when looking at the title of the game) that there would at least 3 people left to oppose Xehanort when all was lost (KH1- Sora; KH2- Sora and Riku). For months, I personally believed, and hoped, that these potential three would be Sora, Roxas, and Ventus. The opening (from what we've seen) appeared to mildly support this idea: showing the three of them reaching out for the female of their trio before being left alone in the end, indicating to me that they shared a similar goal. Grant it, the openings have always been more conceptual than anything else, so this wasn't the strongest of evidence. However, in the past few weeks, I've since changed my mind on who the final three might end up being.

As odd as it seems, there's more upfront evidence that Terra will be one of the final lights to oppose Xehanort. Bare with me please, but as we've seen from short version of the Big Hero 6 trailer, Terranort is standing at the base of the Rising Ruins. We later see Lingering Will attacking Terranort (much to the later's surprise); indicating to me that LW shows up suddenly and at the last minute. All of this said, my guess is that Terranort will be more of a literal guard for the Seeker's while they carry out the final stages of their plan (explaining why we see 14 gold chess pieces- if we're count Terranort's). This may put him in the perfect position to be saved, and ultimately assist Sora in his hour of need. Putting him as one of the final characters to oppose Xehanort.

Other than Terra, I still believe Roxas will be among the final three for a few reasons. 1) We see him at the base of the rising structure in the BH6 trailer (more on this later); 2) We know thanks to Nomura that Roxas will have a major role, we just don't know WHAT; 3) Roxas saving Sora would perfectly allow things to come full circle since Sora would have just recently revived him. His sudden appearance at the end also makes sense symbolically since we never see his chess piece in any trailer (implying that he could be an unforeseen wrench thrown into Xehanort's plans, similar to Aqua in BBS), and this may shed light on Eraqus' final move after supposedly being in "checkmate."

My resolved for this theory was strengthened by what this trailer shows. It immediately opens up with Sora on his knees pleading for help, all while showing shots of his lost friends. But you wanna know what's interesting? The first two shots are of Roxas and Terra specifically, THEN everyone else. Coincidence? Maybe, until you realize that the same thing happened in the DDD opening. Roxas appeared first, then Terra second; followed by Ventus and Aqua. Furthermore, and correct me if I'm wrong, but have we seen a hint of anyone besides these three (in terms of the guardians) being present when the Seekers are on their rising platform (which I believe is after they already put down the Guardians of Light)? Yes we saw Riku, Mickey, Lea, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy fighting with Sora, but it was more so against a gigantic horde of heartless, Unversed, and Nobodies, rather than the actual Seekers themselves (which may explain how all the guardians were possibly beat while the Seekers seemed t remain perfectly fine [something I always found strange]). And we haven't seen even one shot of Ventus or Aqua in what I'm assuming is the end game scenario (suggesting that, for whatever reason, they may end up sitting this one out).

Overall, I somewhat like this idea. It gives Terra the chance to properly make up for his mistakes (fulfilling his promise), and it gives Roxas the chance to truly stop being selfish (unless forced otherwise) and finally repay Sora for working so hard to save him (something he himself was beginning to doubt was possible in DDD). I imagine there will be some heartfelt words between two (Roxas & Sora). During it all, Sora may finally end up fulfilling his destiny. Also- and I just now thought of this, if Roxas is the one to pick Sora back up from his despair (which would explain the upward shot of him in the BH6 trailer, since Sora's on his knees), then he'd be the "key" to helping Sora unlock his destiny. Sort of explains why he was thematically given the title: "Key of Destiny," doesn't it?

:O We have a very similar thought process! I was saying pretty early on that I want Lingering Will to show up if they go to the graveyard and battle either with Sora or solo against Xemnas and Ansem SoD and fuse them back to Terranort and then I want him to force himself on Terranort and when the armor melts away (similar to Armored Ventus Nightmare) we see the newly revived Terra, fully pissed and ready to kick some ass in the name of Ven (who may be corrupted) and Aqua.

Roxas is my favorite character and since that scene of him in front of the structure I expected he was showing up as a hero to make a line, similar to Lea in 3D, about showing up to save the day. I want him to taunt Lea in a way that implies he heard from inside Sora what was going on at the time because I feel like that lost sarcasm would come back to someone who can finally be himself again.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
:O We have a very similar thought process! I was saying pretty early on that I want Lingering Will to show up if they go to the graveyard and battle either with Sora or solo against Xemnas and Ansem SoD and fuse them back to Terranort and then I want him to force himself on Terranort and when the armor melts away (similar to Armored Ventus Nightmare) we see the newly revived Terra, fully pissed and ready to kick some ass in the name of Ven (who may be corrupted) and Aqua.

Roxas is my favorite character and since that scene of him in front of the structure I expected he was showing up as a hero to make a line, similar to Lea in 3D, about showing up to save the day. I want him to taunt Lea in a way that implies he heard from inside Sora what was going on at the time because I feel like that lost sarcasm would come back to someone who can finally be himself again.

Someone actually responded to this?! :eek:

Honestly, I do love the idea of the LW finishing what he started in BBS and taking back his body, I just didn't think it would actually happen till we saw the trailers. In hindsight, it actually makes more sense than I gave it credit for. Seriously, what other potentially corrupted character at this point would have the ability to save themself?That said, aren't Ansem SoD and Xemnas time displaced? I don't necessarily think that's how Terranort's coming back, but the whole concept of Ansem, Xemnas, Xehanort AND Terranort existing at the same time was just a trainwreck to begin with. That said, I do still believe it'll end with him getting saved at that moment, and him fighting on the right side in the end gives me hope for a proper conclusion of his character.

It terms of Roxas, I also had a really sneaking suspicion that he was probably saving Lea in that shot (and on that subject, we haven't seen a peice for Lea either, so I'm unsure what his status will be at this stage of the game). I definitely want some kind of interatcion between the two in the final battle, but I'm not confident if we'll get that or not. IMO though, it's one of the things that needs to happen if we're to get proper closure on those two characters.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Someone actually responded to this?! :eek:

Honestly, I do love the idea of the LW finishing what he started in BBS and taking back his body, I just didn't think it would actually happen till we saw the trailers. In hindsight, it actually makes more sense than I gave it credit for. Seriously, what other potentially corrupted character at this point would have the ability to save themself?That said, aren't Ansem SoD and Xemnas time displaced? I don't necessarily think that's how Terranort's coming back, but the whole concept of Ansem, Xemnas, Xehanort AND Terranort's existing at the same time was just a Trainwreck to begin with. That said, I do still believe it'll end with him getting saved at that moment, and him fighting on the right side in the end gives me hope for a proper conclusion of his character.

It terms of Roxas, I also had a really sneaking suspicion that he was probably saving Lea in that shot (and on that subject, we haven't seen a peice for Lea either, so I'm unsure what his status will be at this stage of the game). I definitely want some kind of interatcion between the two in the final battle, but I'm not confident if we'll get that or not.

Of course, cause this is a bomb ass theory :cool:

Yeah, I didn't think about the time displacement when I first came up with the idea, which now after seeing Terranort already means that he's there somehow as a part of it all. He's in Terra's outfit though, not an Org cloak so there's no telling yet what actually goes on there.

Xehanort and his prophecy only state there had to be 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses, nothing said you can't have more or less of either. For all we know, we could still be thinking of the Chess pieces as the key to everything, but it could turn out the chess game is the heroes trying to stop the 13 darknesses from using the 7 pure hearts instead. For all we know, Xehanort may not be the 13 darknesses, there could be 13 dark hearts too. I do, however, strongly believe that Roxas will be good and Lea will definitely be a hero. In recent screenshots Lea is mentioning Ventus, so there may be more we see regarding his feelings towards these two friends that look the same and he has to save one (I've got a strong feeling Venitus will be "whole") while fighting alongside the other.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Of course, cause this is a bomb ass theory :cool:

Yeah, I didn't think about the time displacement when I first came up with the idea, which now after seeing Terranort already means that he's there somehow as a part of it all. He's in Terra's outfit though, not an Org cloak so there's no telling yet what actually goes on there.

Xehanort and his prophecy only state there had to be 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses, nothing said you can't have more or less of either. For all we know, we could still be thinking of the Chess pieces as the key to everything, but it could turn out the chess game is the heroes trying to stop the 13 darknesses from using the 7 pure hearts instead. For all we know, Xehanort may not be the 13 darknesses, there could be 13 dark hearts too. I do, however, strongly believe that Roxas will be good and Lea will definitely be a hero. In recent screenshots Lea is mentioning Ventus, so there may be more we see regarding his feelings towards these two friends that look the same and he has to save one (I've got a strong feeling Venitus will be "whole") while fighting alongside the other.

Yeah, I never really considered Terranort to be a true seeker; I just thought of him as some kind of guard for Xehanort primarily cause of this-> The main reason I reference the chess board so much is because in one shot, we see Xehanort place a gold Terra peice down in front of him in direct opposition to Sora's piece (in the shot where Sora's piece is surrounded), and if you look at where Terranort is standing in the short BH6 trailer, you can see the rising platform that Xehanort and his Seekers are standing on in a later trailer. Even Sora crying hopelessly on the ground matches up with his peice being surrounded and with no way out on the chess board. I don't fault anyone for not fully trusting the chess sequence as any kind of foreshadowing, but for me at least, it still has some level of substance to draw conclusions from.

Hmm... I'd actually forgotten about that recent screenshot with Lea and Kairi. You're right that it could definitely be some negative foreshadowing for Ven; tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Venitas makes an appearance after all. That said, there are couple of things I'd like to point out such as Nomura stating in an interview that we'd get to see how all the characters felt about eachother in this game, including one's that don't normally interact. This could explain why Lea brought up Ven now as opposed to when he saw Roxas. Also, since Vanitas looks like Sora, that's just as much of a reason to keep his face hidden (especially for those who may not have played BBS) as him having possessed Ven. Anyway, I concur with the belief that Roxas won't be antagonistic (to any major degree at least), and I too hope Lea might do something heroic in the end (though his act at the end of DDD definitely satisfies that personal want too). If I had a gripe with all this though, it's that Xion will likely end up norted with no substantial heroic act of her own (which has, and probably will continue to tick me off).

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, I never really considered Terranort to be a true seeker; I just thought of him as some kind of guard for Xehanort primarily cause of this-> The main reason I reference the chess board so much is because in one shot, we see Xehanort place a gold Terra peice down in front of him in direct opposition to Sora's piece (in the shot where Sora's piece is surrounded), and if you look at where Terranort is standing in the short BH6 trailer, you can see the rising platform that Xehanort and his Seekers are standing on in a later trailer. Even Sora crying hopelessly on the ground matches up with his peice being surrounded and with no way out on the chess board. I don't fault anyone for not fully trusting the chess sequence as any kind of foreshadowing, but for me at least, it still has some level of substance to draw conclusions from.

Hmm... I'd actually forgotten about that recent screenshot with Lea and Kairi. You're right that it could definitely be some negative foreshadowing for Ven; tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Venitas makes an appearance after all. That said, there are couple of things I'd like to point out such as Nomura stating in an interview that we'd get to see how all the characters felt about eachother in this game, including one's that don't normally interact. This could explain why Lea brought up Ven now as opposed to when he saw Roxas. Anyway, I concur with the belief that Roxas won't be antagonistic (to any major degree at least), and I too hope Lea might do something heroic in the end (though his act at the end of DDD definitely satisfies that personal want too). If I had a gripe with all this though, it's that Xion will likely end up norted with no substantial heroic act of her own (which has, and probably will continue to tick me off).

I'm not saying we should disregard the Chess game, but Xehanort is a tricky bugger and has plans for his plan's plans so we don't know what he might pull.

Yeah, I was happy seeing Lea be a hero and act more like his BBS self again. Xion, however, from the beginning she's been nothing but a shell and I'm hoping this will finally be her chance to become a real person (the whole Pinocchio debate about puppets and hearts [they'll both become real boys in KH3!]) but she's not really had much reason to be heroic other than stopping the Org from killing Roxas early and sacrificing herself to let Sora reawaken. If she hadn't, Sora may never have woken up.

Maybe to please the Sora/Riku love interest crowd, she could become KH1 Sora like she was at the end of Days and she can run away with Riku Replica and be lovers lol JKJK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back