• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 is now available for preload on Xbox One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Starting today, those who pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 3 digitally for the Xbox One can begin preloading the game to their console ahead of its January release. Be sure to make sure your console has space for the game as it will require 35.81 GB of space on the Xbox One.

(Screenshot via RCSix6 on Imgur)

Digital pre-orders of Kingdom Hearts 3 on Xbox One comes with the Phantom Green Keyblade.

Naturally, there is some concern that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be hacked and have its contents leaked prior to release. What fans who are unfamiliar with Xbox may not know is that games often become available to preload months in advance. Such examples include Shadow of the Tomb Raider, also published by Square Enix, as well as Capcom's Devil May Cry V, which is slated for a March 8th release but has been available for preload since early November.

Preloaded Xbox One games are also heavily encrypted, so it is unlikely that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be spoiled for fans eagerly waiting to play the game when it releases on January 29th.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So, bit of an ignorant question: CAN this be datamined? I know next to nothing about these things, and of course half of the Internet swears it can be datamined while the other half swears the opposite.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it is encrypted, probably not. I don't deal with the XB1 too much so I don't know if it has been hacked to hell and back. Pre-loads usually aren't...

Zerkania

Awards
Isn't it odd for the preload of the game to be available this early? Like 55 days early??? That's unheard of I think.

Also I'm a little worried about the size, but could this be a compressed version and the real game is like 50+?

the red monster

Awards
So, bit of an ignorant question: CAN this be datamined? I know next to nothing about these things, and of course half of the Internet swears it can be datamined while the other half swears the opposite.
I'm pretty sure no, games usually have 128 code title key or something like that, it'll take years to get the right code lol

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
no nobody had discover a way to datamined preload games yet

If it is encrypted, probably not. I don't deal with the XB1 too much so I don't know if it has been hacked to hell and back. Pre-loads usually aren't...

I'm pretty sure no, games usually have 128 code title key or something like that, it'll take years to get the right code lol

Gotcha. Well, we're better off this way, I sure ain't complaining.
Thanks!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Xbox One hasn't been fully hacked yet, so we should be safe for now.

AR829038

Awards
Okay, soooo.....this is terrifying.
I know people are saying that no one's found a way to hack the Xbox One yet, but "yet" is the operative term here. Why did they do this so damn early? Now, I'm going to have to worry for not two, but over FIFTY-FIVE DAYS whether or not some jackhat is going to leak spoilers over the internet. I can't blackout for that long! If I happen to turn a corner on the web and see something like God forbid the spoilers of the ending or something like that, I think that'll be the end of me!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Is this normal with Microsoft to do pre-loading so early? Either way this scares me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, was I being "that user" and didn't read the full main post before asking my question?
Sorry 'bout that.

That WOULD be peak irony.

Nah, that was me. I added a bit afterwards about the hacking and then removed it since I wasn't too sure about it. That's my bad.

Is this normal with Microsoft to do pre-loading so early? Either way this scares me.

It's certainly not the first time they've done this.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Man, I wish they’d just make it a simultaneous release like FFXV. This highlights what we already know that it would be entirely feasible for the game to be released on the same day worldwide. I get Japan had to wait longer thanks to the West’s market trends, so they probably want to reward them with earlier access, but still. It just seems like we should be past that in 2018.

It’s not a huge deal and I’ve mostly made my peace with it, but the preload being available already just accentuates that it’s an unnecessary gap.

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
First the file size, next it's able to be preloaded. Next you'll be able to play it 29 days early. Guess that's the only way Xbox can draw attention to this game.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I would love it if they "accidentally" released a digital edition early. I would want to get my hands on KH3 ASAP. As of right now, though, I don't have all of the money saved for my Deluxe with Bring Arts so I don't need them emailing me until after Christmas about taking the money for the pre-order soon.

Digital: YES!
Physical: NoooooO!

Leaferian

Awards
It would be nice to be able to preload on my PS4 as well. It'd be so nice to just... have it.

EdacAttack

Wow this seems a little soon to preload the game this early. Have other game done this in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back