• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 First Released Vs Remind Now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mozzafaralj

Awards
Do you like it now?/Did you change your impression of her for the better?

ngc50

Awards
Yes she is definitely a better game now. The simple addition of a new combo set made everything more responsive/punchy

pssst

The update certainly made the game better, I might consider replaying some of the game when I have the chance

okhi12

Awards
The gameplay greatly improved, the story is still the same mess.

The only thing about ReMind I found terrible at first was the data greeting. So much that I said in another thread that I hated it and felt it as an unnecesary waste of resorces that could have been used to make more content. But I gave it another chance when I had nothing better to do and I must admit I had a lot of fun with some weird situations I made up. It's not that I absolutely love it now but at least my opinion about data greeting improved from 'it's trash' to 'this is actually fun'.

The new bosses and playable characters were actually better than I expected, the Limit Cut fights were what the game needed and the secret episode... well, gave us room for crazy theorizing which for me is the best thing about KH.

I'm still as disappointed with the plot writing as I was a year ago but yeah, the game improved a lot with the additions. Some say ReMind was not worth its price but I like what we got.

Awards
The gameplay greatly improved, the story is still the same mess.

The only thing about ReMind I found terrible at first was the data greeting. So much that I said in another thread that I hated it and felt it as an unnecesary waste of resorces that could have been used to make more content. But I gave it another chance when I had nothing better to do and I must admit I had a lot of fun with some weird situations I made up. It's not that I absolutely love it now but at least my opinion about data greeting improved from 'it's trash' to 'this is actually fun'.

The new bosses and playable characters were actually better than I expected, the Limit Cut fights were what the game needed and the secret episode... well, gave us room for crazy theorizing which for me is the best thing about KH.

I'm still as disappointed with the plot writing as I was a year ago but yeah, the game improved a lot with the additions. Some say ReMind was not worth its price but I like what we got.

I'm still of the impression that every game released after KH2--or if you think that's a stretch, then at least 3D and 0.2--is a part of the story that is "KH3". As Caddicarus put it in his review, the story of KH3 is one long crescendo to the final battle with Xehanort that all the previous games already set up, and works better when viewed as part of one massive game comprising all past games than on its own.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm still of the impression that every game released after KH2--or if you think that's a stretch, then at least 3D and 0.2--is a part of the story that is "KH3". As Caddicarus put it in his review, the story of KH3 is one long crescendo to the final battle with Xehanort that all the previous games already set up, and works better when viewed as part of one massive game comprising all past games than on its own.

I never thought of it that way and I actually agree with that. However that makes me more bitter since I started disliking the new story direction with BBS.
KH3 took all the things I didn’t like about the story and made it the foundation.
Also I completely understand that it is REALLY hard to close a story. Most TV shows, movies and books do an average finale to play it safe.
Kingdom Hearts 3 as a saga closer feels sloppy to me.

Awards
I never thought of it that way and I actually agree with that. However that makes me more bitter since I started disliking the new story direction with BBS.
KH3 took all the things I didn’t like about the story and made it the foundation.
Also I completely understand that it is REALLY hard to close a story. Most TV shows, movies and books do an average finale to play it safe.
Kingdom Hearts 3 as a saga closer feels sloppy to me.

I'd say the closing of the saga was mainly just for Xehanort (chronology-wise) and the horrible things the heroes went through specifically because of him.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sadly it's still the same for me.
The LimitCut portion of the DLC is great and really forces me not only to git gud but also to learn more about the mechanics KH3 had to offer. Like I completely forgot how OP the player can get when they equip the Fire/Blizzard/Thunder Boosts to Sora when playing (just like in previous games). I also forget that this even applies to the elemental shields too when you are in Guard Form with Hero's Origin or Grand Chef.

But the ReMind portion was very disappointing and makes a strong case that this DLC is overpriced (which it IS). I honestly did not enjoy playing as any of the new playable characters sadly because they all felt really limited when compared to Sora (like none of them could use the zoom in shotlock). Even Roxas was disappointing to play as and I heard such great things from him too. :( The only good was that I finally got to play as Kairi which is what I always wanted to do since 2012. Would have been cooler to play as her in the KH3 prologue but I guess I can make do with the final boss.

The Free DLC I also enjoyed. I loved all the new abilities and callbacks to KH2FM. Plus, Oathkeeper and Oblivion are amazing but I wish there was more variety in their form changes and even a difference in their double forms. I also see equipping both of them as more of a hindrance rather than a positive when going into battle.

Overall, I THINK I might put this game above Birth By Sleep Final Mix thus placing it as my 5th favorite Kingdom Hearts game. Which is one rank up from last year. But at the same time I feel like I can just as easily put it in 6th place based on the negatives of the DLC too.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I loved KH3 and ReMIND made me love it more! ReMIND gave me more material to theorize with (which is what I love the KH series for).

PikaPal

Awards
Super fun DLC because now with the Data Greeting I can come up with all sorts of crazy nonsense that you'd never see in the story.

FireStitches

Sadly it's still the same for me.
The LimitCut portion of the DLC is great and really forces me not only to git gud but also to learn more about the mechanics KH3 had to offer. Like I completely forgot how OP the player can get when they equip the Fire/Blizzard/Thunder Boosts to Sora when playing (just like in previous games). I also forget that this even applies to the elemental shields too when you are in Guard Form with Hero's Origin or Grand Chef.

But the ReMind portion was very disappointing and makes a strong case that this DLC is overpriced (which it IS). I honestly did not enjoy playing as any of the new playable characters sadly because they all felt really limited when compared to Sora (like none of them could use the zoom in shotlock). Even Roxas was disappointing to play as and I heard such great things from him too. :( The only good was that I finally got to play as Kairi which is what I always wanted to do since 2012. Would have been cooler to play as her in the KH3 prologue but I guess I can make do with the final boss.

The Free DLC I also enjoyed. I loved all the new abilities and callbacks to KH2FM. Plus, Oathkeeper and Oblivion are amazing but I wish there was more variety in their form changes and even a difference in their double forms. I also see equipping both of them as more of a hindrance rather than a positive when going into battle. MyCFAVisit

Overall, I THINK I might put this game above Birth By Sleep Final Mix thus placing it as my 5th favorite Kingdom Hearts game. Which is one rank up from last year. But at the same time I feel like I can just as easily put it in 6th place based on the negatives of the DLC too.

Back